Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SP Tech
So just to be clear, you have the Reventon software loaded on your computer and the correct drivers? When you open the Speed Passion software and connects the programming card and the ESC is it recognizing the ESC?

If it is you can select "Update Firmware" to toggle between the different running profiles.
The software recognizes the card being attached (with no ESC connected) and thus gives me the option of changing the firmware to either 1.3 or 1.4. However, at no point have I been able to get the software to recognize that the ESC is attached to the card (when it is so). Thanks for the response.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hey does anyone know what fan you get to replace the one on the silver arrow. I broke mine and am having difficulty locating a part number
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Did anyone order from Speed Passion over the holiday break? More importantly, have they shipped anything yet?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by linkless
Did anyone order from Speed Passion over the holiday break? More importantly, have they shipped anything yet?
Im in the same boat. Have a tracking number, but usps has not recieved a package yet.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

not unique to SP, had that happen with CEFX, ordered Dec 16th via priority mail, finally shipped today.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

They sent me tracking for my order yesterday.
Does not show up with USPS yet but alot of my Speedpassion orders never show up at USPS until the day of or after its been delivered.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have no tracking number yet and at least two of the items I ordered are no longer in stock. I'm hoping inventory was correct and they are shipping soon.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The issue has more to do with the temp sensors built into some motors like Novak. This thread has the answer somewhere...I'll have to find it. Basically if there was an issue with the ESC cutting off and giving a temp warning people were cutting the 2nd wire of the sensor cable to disable any temp readings.

Edit:

Check to see if that Novak motor has a temp sensor. If it does you will have to disable the 2nd wire from the left on the sensor cable. Speed Passion is looking into this issue and the possibility of a software update to resolve it. In the mean time, you can disable, cut, pull out, that 2nd wire and it will disable the temp readings and you'd be fine.
I got my SP Certix in from AMain today so I need some clarification. When you say 2nd wire from left, is that on the motor or looking at the ESC?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

SP Tech:

I tried again to get the software to recognize my ESC connection, this time with "mild" success. I got it to see the ESC when I held the "Item" button down when I plug the card into the computer, NOT the "value" button which shows "PC" on screen when connected. The problem now is that it's extremely sparatic. The connection jumps in and out randomly. Obviously there is a bad connection somewhere. Not sure if its in the car or the ESC. However, at one point I did manage keep the connection long enough to change the profile to Stock0. I hooked the ESC back up into my car and recalibrated the throttle/neutral/brake throws, but it is still out of whack; stuttering badly and moving the car backwards with motor wires properly connected (A-A; B-B; C-C). So at this point the ESC certainly isn't working properly and there's probably a bad connection in the LED card. Looking at the warranty card it looks like I should have an RMA before sending it in. Some direction please? Thanks.

*edit*

I registered the ESC and attempted to start the RMA process. Unfortunately, there seems to be an internal error with the website that's not allowing me to complete that step.

Last edited by Lessen; 01-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

All- I downloaded the latest software for the reventon pro. I'm using the latest stock profile with the programming card. Is there a way to have all of the tunability with the hybrid boost AND also be able to set the esc to have forward, break, AND REVERSE? for the life of me i cannot figure out how to setup reverse with the stock profile. It has reverse with the mod profile, but i like the hybrid boost features of the stock profile.

thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had successfully submit the online RMA in this morning.
*Yesterday, I have the same issue.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Gary. I tried again just now and finally got it to give me an RMA and further instruction. Now I have half a dozen RMA's for one return!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is there any news on the new v20 software? How good it is? When it's being released etc etc etc?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a reventon pro 2.0 that came with a smart lcd program card. I also have a GT 2.0 pro, is there any way to use the smart lcd program card to update the software on the GT 2.0 using USB and my computer?

I also have the Orion Vortex program card. wondering if anyone has found a way to connect the GT 2.0 pro to the computer and update software and settings without using the "proper" program card.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slater333
I have a reventon pro 2.0 that came with a smart lcd program card. I also have a GT 2.0 pro, is there any way to use the smart lcd program card to update the software on the GT 2.0 using USB and my computer?

I also have the Orion Vortex program card. wondering if anyone has found a way to connect the GT 2.0 pro to the computer and update software and settings without using the "proper" program card.
Reventon programming cards cannot be used with GT 2.0 Pros or other non-Reventon ESCs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.