Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SP Tech
So according to the orange light being solid the ESC is reading your motor as sensorless. You are running a Revention Pro w/ a 17.5T and a sensor cable correct?

SP Tech
Well at this time I dont have a motor installed but setup button still doesnt work with whatever motor or version I have run. Yes it's a month old Reventon Pro. I only run sensored 17.5 stock/mod 540 can motors. The esc runs fine as stated before. It will take setup changes via the lcd programmer and update fine. The setup/on-off button used to work before I installed the latest v19. It only started doing this after v19. Like right after I installed it. I actully tq'd with it last weekend but...............

The simple problem is it wont turn off or setup for calibration. To get the esc to even turn off I have to unplug the battery.

Last edited by vr6cj; 10-31-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Well at this time I dont have a motor installed but setup button still doesnt work with whatever motor or version I have run. Yes it's a month old Reventon Pro. I only run sensored 17.5 stock/mod 540 can motors. The esc runs fine as stated before. It will take setup changes via the lcd programmer and update fine. The setup/on-off button used to work before I installed the latest v19. It only started doing this after v19. Like right after I installed it. I actully tq'd with it last weekend but...............

The simple problem is it wont turn off or setup for calibration. To get the esc to even turn off I have to unplug the battery.
OK...so your ONLY problem is the on off switch not working correctly? Can you load any OLD software and see that resolved the problem? I am trying to pin point the problem to software or hardware...

Also, tell me exactly which SOFTWARE that you installed and found out the switch is not working...I need exactly the name, the version and the extension...of the software, we will try it our self.

Try to pick a old software like anything that is V17 or V18.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SP CS
Hello North and South America Customer (USA),

Please send your question with your order # or RMA # to [email protected] . Do not reply to the confirmation email you receive, as this is a automatic email system.

Hello International Customer (All other Country),

Please send your question with your order # or RMA # to [email protected] . Do not reply to the confirmation email you receive, as this is a automatic email system.

Thank you
Speed Passion
Email sent.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Jeff
Iam starting to wonder about the mentality of some people.
You should be PMing this to the appropriate people,maybe should have thought about ordering this esc earlier so you understand and test settings etc.,and isn't half the US been under a hurricane alert for the past week?.....yeah good idea to order when you did.
It's an esc.Grow up champ.
Well Timbo,
I could not order earlier because the ESC was not in stock.
I live 1 state north of the American distribution center.
I am in Wisconsin they are in Illinois.
This usually means 2 day delivery.
In the mid-west nowhere near the hurricane.
Care to share any more of your brilliance ?

P.S. tracking now shows it is finally in Wisconsin.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
OK...so your ONLY problem is the on off switch not working correctly? Can you load any OLD software and see that resolved the problem? I am trying to pin point the problem to software or hardware...

Also, tell me exactly which SOFTWARE that you installed and found out the switch is not working...I need exactly the name, the version and the extension...of the software, we will try it our self.

Try to pick a old software like anything that is V17 or V18.
BTW I appriecate the help. thanks,

Ok, so here what happened from start to setup button not working.

I got a new Rev Pro and have ran it fine in 2wd for last couple weeks. Great esc and very smooth. I installed the Reventon software v1.1.0.18 on my win7 laptop shortly after getting esc but nvr used or updated my esc on the laptop. I used just stock software that came with the esc from Speed Passion. Ran mod.

So recently there hasnt been enough for mod class and I wanted to run 17.5 blinky. No software yet, so I waited.

Last week v19 came out.

Cool, download v1.1.0.19 and uninstalled v1.1.0.18 on my laptop then installed v1.1.0.19. Now mind you I havent updated the LCD programmer. so it has v2.2 that it came with stock.

I hooked up the lcd programmer and esc to laptop. Battery is disconectted btw. Started up the Reventon software and I updated to Stock0 v18-b308. Right after the update was succecful I disconnected the esc from lcd programmer. When I go to turn it back on and try to setup I noticed the issue. Setup button wont go into calibration or turn off esc now.

Ok, so go on here to ask about it and one said to make sure the LCD was latest version. I updated the LCD programmer to v2.4 and tried reverting back to the older software and no change. I even unistalled v1.1.0.19 and put v1.1.0.18 back on but that did not fix it.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know this may not have anything to do with anything but I work for a software developer and it seems there are issues with Win7. The programs we develop run fine in xp but when you run the exe in Win7 something goes screwy. It may sound stupid, but try doing the update on an xp machine and see what happens.. Maybe one day someone will make rc software for macs and problems will go away.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Looking for a Reventon R setup

Hi Guys

Looking for a Reventon R setup for one of our new drivers running with LRP X12 13.5t Stock Spec.
track is low grip, long straight 65 meters (214 feet), mixed infield.
also what FDR should he run with it?

Can some one help?

Last edited by ScottyTC4NZ; 11-01-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is anyone having trouble when they try and use the program box on thier computer to change settings on the revention speed controller. I am using the revention program and program box and it just shuts my computer down as soon as the program opens.

Ive deleted and redownloaded the revention program twice and am still having the same problem.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just tried led box for reventon r and it seems to be little complicated to me... Have xobbywing LCD box... Can i use it instead of sp led one?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Hi Guys

Looking for a Reventon R setup for one of our new drivers running with LRP X12 13.5t Stock Spec.
track is low grip, long straight 65 meters (214 feet), mixed infield.
also what FDR should he run with it?

Can some one help?
Boosted? What software are you using?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NewWestF1
I know this may not have anything to do with anything but I work for a software developer and it seems there are issues with Win7. The programs we develop run fine in xp but when you run the exe in Win7 something goes screwy. It may sound stupid, but try doing the update on an xp machine and see what happens.. Maybe one day someone will make rc software for macs and problems will go away.
ive always run my software in administrator mode....have not had a single issue...am running windows 8 now....
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
Just tried led box for reventon r and it seems to be little complicated to me... Have xobbywing LCD box... Can i use it instead of sp led one?
No you need the reventon r LCD box
Old 11-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
No you need the reventon r LCD box
Ok thanks. Is possible then to set all settings just using led box? Stock software...
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vr6cj
BTW I appriecate the help. thanks,

Ok, so here what happened from start to setup button not working.

I got a new Rev Pro and have ran it fine in 2wd for last couple weeks. Great esc and very smooth. I installed the Reventon software v1.1.0.18 on my win7 laptop shortly after getting esc but nvr used or updated my esc on the laptop. I used just stock software that came with the esc from Speed Passion. Ran mod.

So recently there hasnt been enough for mod class and I wanted to run 17.5 blinky. No software yet, so I waited.

Last week v19 came out.

Cool, download v1.1.0.19 and uninstalled v1.1.0.18 on my laptop then installed v1.1.0.19. Now mind you I havent updated the LCD programmer. so it has v2.2 that it came with stock.

I hooked up the lcd programmer and esc to laptop. Battery is disconectted btw. Started up the Reventon software and I updated to Stock0 v18-b308. Right after the update was succecful I disconnected the esc from lcd programmer. When I go to turn it back on and try to setup I noticed the issue. Setup button wont go into calibration or turn off esc now.

Ok, so go on here to ask about it and one said to make sure the LCD was latest version. I updated the LCD programmer to v2.4 and tried reverting back to the older software and no change. I even unistalled v1.1.0.19 and put v1.1.0.18 back on but that did not fix it.
I wish those who contact me and report the problem can explain to me what happened to them like what you just wrote here...very detail, and I am well aware of this case now. I will do that myself and see is that a software problem or not.

I believe I know a backend fix on this issue but I am not 100%, I need to try it tonight. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for reporting this to me.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blade072
ive always run my software in administrator mode....have not had a single issue...am running windows 8 now....
Can you tell me does our software work on WINDOW 8...? I don't even know there is a window 8 until last night...I thought it was a Halloween joke...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.