Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Did anyone run the Reventon?
What is the difference between this and the GT2.0?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Did anyone run the Reventon?
What is the difference between this and the GT2.0?
I am only testing it at LHR...we submitted the ESC to ROAR but they have yet to approve that.

It is new for sure, smaller then GT2 PRO, 140A unit instead of 120A. New hardware, new software....full aluminum case design, It will run cooler. It will have full range of software to support from blinky to boost mod. It has 1S support (Pro-EX model)...and it will be a PRO-S model (80A unit).

Newer and better....simply saying.

Will be out in like 2-3 weeks.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Just bought my first speed passion but

Iv got an reventon s bu after swapping it to stock you cant get it to accept other setting from the Smart Led Program card with out it locking up and not moving on to the next setting
any clues
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Is there a step by step intructional somehwre that shows you how to programme the ESC . I have just got the GT2.0 and want to "de-tune"it slightly using the programming card
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 AM
mes
Tech Elite

I was shocked to notice that the Reventon Pro is too wide to fit onto the chassis of my B-Max2. The LRP SXX and GM Genius Race R series (also available from Vampire Racing, Yokomo and maybe others) are a tight fit already. Fortunately there's way more room in a 4WD...

Oh, and I've got a Competition 3.0 related question: I fried my 7.5R in my 4WD buggy some weeks ago due to unknown reasons, and a club member's motor went up in smoke during the German nationals last weekend. Might this be caused by a bad connection due to the plugs becoming looser in the course of time? I've been a big fan of the Competition 3.0 motors, but chose a motor with solder tabs as a replacement due to my suspicion.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I got a reventon s running a 21.5 mmm in a friends novice car. Does anyone have any ideas why when he runs the car at the start of the race it does 2 laps then stops and only has steering then if u turn the esc off and back on it will run the whole race and the next time u take it out when it is at room temperature it does it again ???

Last edited by Craft86; 08-30-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
Iv got an reventon s bu after swapping it to stock you cant get it to accept other setting from the Smart Led Program card with out it locking up and not moving on to the next setting
any clues
I had the same issue when using a notebook to setup my esc. I louded it from my PC and work great.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Mine was loaded from a pc and works fine except this glich. If anyone else out there had an idea what it could be it would be much appreciated.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
I had the same issue when using a notebook to setup my esc. I louded it from my PC and work great.
There shouldn't be any problems with using a notebook to program the ESC. Several of local racers, including myself, all do it with no problems.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
There shouldn't be any problems with using a notebook to program the ESC. Several of local racers, including myself, all do it with no problems.
I tried it on two notebooks. Didn't work properly. As soon as decided to try the PC. It worked. Now there is another issue. Need to get hold of Solara to discuss. I will seen an email out to the team about it soon.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Maybe the issue is related to the operating systems you use?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
any clues
Does that allow you to do any adjustment with your computer and the interface? Do that first...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robprid
Is there a step by step intructional somehwre that shows you how to programme the ESC . I have just got the GT2.0 and want to "de-tune"it slightly using the programming card
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mes
I was shocked to notice that the Reventon Pro is too wide to fit onto the chassis of my B-Max2. The LRP SXX and GM Genius Race R series (also available from Vampire Racing, Yokomo and maybe others) are a tight fit already. Fortunately there's way more room in a 4WD...

Oh, and I've got a Competition 3.0 related question: I fried my 7.5R in my 4WD buggy some weeks ago due to unknown reasons, and a club member's motor went up in smoke during the German nationals last weekend. Might this be caused by a bad connection due to the plugs becoming looser in the course of time? I've been a big fan of the Competition 3.0 motors, but chose a motor with solder tabs as a replacement due to my suspicion.
I cannot say too much about the new motor, but the new one will resolve your concern about the wire connection...in BOTH ways...

About the motor smoking issue...I have yet to see one that went to smoke because of the bad connection. Usually the motor will stop running after the plug went off....but it usually SMOKE the motor first due to over timing, over or under gear, then it pop the plugs off from the motor...that I have seen alot. OR...there are external item that jammed inside the motor can and cause the malfunctioning...so many reason.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Craft86
I got a reventon s running a 21.5 mmm in a friends novice car. Does anyone have any ideas why when he runs the car at the start of the race it does 2 laps then stops and only has steering then if u turn the esc off and back on it will run the whole race and the next time u take it out when it is at room temperature it does it again ???
It is the sensor issue....replace your sensor wire with a new one, and check the sensor inside the motor...that sensor board might be damaged.

Last edited by Solara; 08-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.