Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

yea i was using the new software and i could not move the timing to the highest number it would jump back one when i save? And also need some help with the Motor checker. Very cool ! I can see the difference in the different programs but can't figure out how to do the dyno run graph page on the computer? And does it matter if the motor is in the car with the pinion on or are you supposed to have the pinion off? Thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ok, I'm confused now! I bought the hobbywing programmer for mywife to give me for Christmas, well since where we will exchange gifts at there is no Internet connection I went ahead and downloaded the v1.31 and 1.32 from the speed passion website. I was thinking that when you downloaded those that the update versions of software for the esc would be included in there. Maybe it is and I'm just misunderstanding. But when I opened the folder all I seen was 3 items in each and they appear to be just for programmer itself. Once I install one of these on the programmer does it have the 312 software already on it as well as others I'm guessing or is there something else I need to download. I thought I had asked all the questions I needed to but honestly I'm more confused now then I was before!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndysD8
Ok, I'm confused now! I bought the hobbywing programmer for mywife to give me for Christmas, well since where we will exchange gifts at there is no Internet connection I went ahead and downloaded the v1.31 and 1.32 from the speed passion website. I was thinking that when you downloaded those that the update versions of software for the esc would be included in there. Maybe it is and I'm just misunderstanding. But when I opened the folder all I seen was 3 items in each and they appear to be just for programmer itself. Once I install one of these on the programmer does it have the 312 software already on it as well as others I'm guessing or is there something else I need to download. I thought I had asked all the questions I needed to but honestly I'm more confused now then I was before!
I think you can have only 1.31 or 1.32 installed at the same time. So if you have installed 1.32 and want the progs from 1.31, then you need to deinstall 1.32 and then install 1.31...and vice versa...a bit strange concept...

Old 12-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
What Stein has said is correct, but I think what your alluding too is that where the software is held.... Unfotuantly, you won't be able to see it until you get the programming card, but there is an update tab within the software, and from in there you can select the different firmwares for the speedo.

Or short answer... they are all in the software

HiH
Ed
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr crum
wat do you think the biggest difference between 10 stock and 07stock
TBH... I didn't feel a huge difference. However, I wasn't running my usual motor, so probably didn't get the gearing right on either. However, from wha I've been told by a SP driver over here is that the 107 has more grunt, but need to be careful on the gearing to ensure the motor doesn't get too hot.
I'll need to do some more back to back running to check, I'll do that at my next meeting, which won't be till the new year...
However, for the time being, I would say go with the 110 to start, and try the 107 after.

HiH
Ed
Old 12-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello... I'm trying to come to grips with the information I'm finding on the Speed Passion website and what I can get from reading back through posts on this thread. Help me understand... if I purchase the "GT2.0 LPF Brushless ESC", it looks like (from the pictures, not necessarily the description) it comes with some sort of digital device... is this what I need to do the programming, or do I need the "LCD Professional Program Card"? Or both??

Or is it a case where you can do a limited amount of programming/setup with the device that comes with the ESC, but to do the really fancy stuff, you need the Professional Program Card and software you install on your laptop?

I'm struggling to keep up with the technology here. All I know is, I'm still running an old Novak GTB and in the past few weeks my competitors, who used to run at roughly the same speed as me in 17.5 sedan... most of them have purchased the Tekin RS, and they're figuring out "timing advance" profiles and are suddenly a lap faster!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
What Stein has said is correct, but I think what your alluding too is that where the software is held.... Unfotuantly, you won't be able to see it until you get the programming card, but there is an update tab within the software, and from in there you can select the different firmwares for the speedo.

Or short answer... they are all in the software

HiH
Ed
The short answer is exactly what I was looking for... Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

stogie - pretty much dead on with your thoughts.

the primary use for the lcd box is to facilitate firmware updates in the esc (but you'll still need a pc in conjunction with the lcd box to do it - they form a daisy chain over to the esc). both programmers will offer the same adjustment, once connected to the esc, but the lcd box offers the ability to save a few profiles, so you don't have to scroll through and find each setting. that feature seems useless to me.

right now, we should be careful with spending on esc's, as everything is changing so quickly. fortunately, the SP esc is an upgradable firmware based esc, but that doesn't guarantee the physical product will be able to advance to whatever the next level ends up being...

but i think an LPF ($160) and a friendly neighbor (with a netbook/lcd box) would be a solid direction to move from your gtb.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

since I race 1/8 electric, I got the LCD programmer on the way from the 1/8 ESC.

The little quick programmer they offer though works well for what it is.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
since I race 1/8 electric, I got the LCD programmer on the way from the 1/8 ESC.

The little quick programmer they offer though works well for what it is.
for sure. i know since switching over to the lcd box myself, all of a sudden it's 'cool' to have a speedpassion. 'oh, that's sweet'.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

that little programmer is what got me into running a speed passion. Good customer service is what kept me running it after my little umm, , in my 1/8 vehicle

Not having to have a laptop, priceless!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by seaball
the primary use for the lcd box is to facilitate firmware updates in the esc (but you'll still need a pc in conjunction with the lcd box to do it - they form a daisy chain over to the esc). both programmers will offer the same adjustment, once connected to the esc, but the lcd box offers the ability to save a few profiles, so you don't have to scroll through and find each setting. that feature seems useless to me.
To my understanding, you can adjust in finer increments with the LCD programming box than with the thing that comes with the ESC.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
To my understanding, you can adjust in finer increments with the LCD programming box than with the thing that comes with the ESC.

Stein reading a bit the thread with the LCD you can achieve a much better setup on the esc, right? I have always being using LRP stuff, so it is going to be my first Speed Passion acquisition.

The LCD is also used to update the Esc isnīt it? So it is not necessary to have a laptop with you on the track you just need to load the stuff on the LCD and them use it?

I have just bought a new car and I am planning to have the GT 2.0 with a 10.5T motor.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

after will have new firmware update ESC !
Old 12-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
after will have new firmware update ESC !
after what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.