R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #1351
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharlow View Post
What firmware would be the best to use for 4wd Offroad Mod using a 7.5 motor?
I've tried them all and I'm still more than impressed with the 205G
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #1352
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I'm not 100% sure what your message is here...

One one hand you are saying that the new stock profile has power like the Tekin and LRP, and on the other you are saying that the 323 (mod) profile is the best for 13.5.

So which is it?
I think what he is saying is that in his findings that he didn't find one better than the other?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #1353
Tech Elite
 
Chris Furman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,057
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

So how is the LPF GT 2.0 compare to the Black Diamond, Tekin RS Pro or MMX Pro? Thinking about getting one. Is it controlled by laptop software?
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #1354
Tech Fanatic
 
lastsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
firmware/software is the exact same thing, just depends on how you decide to say it.

For 11.5 I would use either the 323, or 312 for now
so the 323 n 312 u r saying is diff from those that r in the SP download?
i had downloaded the 1.32 n 1.31, which is better for 11.5t?
__________________
Serpent 966 EVO / OS MAX
lastsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #1355
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsun View Post
so the 323 n 312 u r saying is diff from those that r in the SP download?
i had downloaded the 1.32 n 1.31, which is better for 11.5t?
1.32 and 1.31 is the program version you download on your computer, 323 and 312 are the names for the software located inside those programs for your ESC
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #1356
Tech Master
 
The Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: by a lake, FL
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

wow...used my SP LPF Sunday @ Adrenaline for the first time and got second in the 17.5 A main...glad I ditched that GTB...what a difference...now I just need to learn how to drive
__________________
Justin "haole boy" Perry USCG (CGC Firebush)
NewRed Hobbies & Indoor Facility, da BEST clay off-road track in Florida.
!!Treat me the way you want to be Treated!!Race me the way you want to be Raced!!
The Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #1357
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 26,558
Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)
Default

man, just need my programmer to come in !!! ARGH!!! LOL

UPS is so slow.
__________________
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
< Durango DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #1358
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

Hobby Wings LCD box is the same as LCD Speed Passion box?

please rapid response
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #1359
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
Hobby Wings LCD box is the same as LCD Speed Passion box?

please rapid response
No, one is the Speed Passion box, and one is the Hobbywing box?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #1360
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
No, one is the Speed Passion box, and one is the Hobbywing box?
read in a forum here in Sweden that Speedpassions LCD box is the same as Hobby Wing .. because the same product just different names? or is it wrong?
Works Hobby Wings Lcd box with Speed Passion ESC?
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #1361
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
read in a forum here in Sweden that Speedpassions LCD box is the same as Hobby Wing .. because the same product just different names? or is it wrong?
Works Hobby Wings Lcd box with Speed Passion ESC?
Is a Chevy Full size pickup the same as a full size GMC pickup? Sure both companies are owned by GM but it doesn't mean they're the same.

We don't sell, support, or endorse Hobbywing products, we sell, support and endorse Speed Passion products, so maybe if you asked them they would have a better answer for you, but as far as were concerned they are separate entities

This isn't meant to be direct or disrespectful so please don't take it that way. After our products leave the factory and get to Speed Passion we do our own, software, and final QC before the public gets their hands on it
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #1362
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Is a Chevy Full size pickup the same as a full size GMC pickup? Sure both companies are owned by GM but it doesn't mean they're the same.

We don't sell, support, or endorse Hobbywing products, we sell, support and endorse Speed Passion products, so maybe if you asked them they would have a better answer for you, but as far as were concerned they are separate entities

This isn't meant to be direct or disrespectful so please don't take it that way. After our products leave the factory and get to Speed Passion we do our own, software, and final QC before the public gets their hands on it

okay. I just wanted to ask .. May as well ask who are experts in SP

where can you find these LCD boxes? in Sweden is not Speed Passion as large as in the passenger of the world .. This is the most Orion, LRP, Novak, and the Swedish Advanced electronic
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #1363
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
okay. I just wanted to ask .. May as well ask who are experts in SP

where can you find these LCD boxes? in Sweden is not Speed Passion as large as in the passenger of the world .. This is the most Orion, LRP, Novak, and the Swedish Advanced electronic
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/contact.asp
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #1364
Tech Adept
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
okay. I just wanted to ask .. May as well ask who are experts in SP

where can you find these LCD boxes? in Sweden is not Speed Passion as large as in the passenger of the world .. This is the most Orion, LRP, Novak, and the Swedish Advanced electronic
I tried to get a SP LCD prgrammer here in the UK and I literally could not get one from anywhere. As a last resort I bought the Hobbywing box and it worked, updated my software fine (as far as I can tell).

I would recommend the SP box since you know what you are getting, and support is great, but if there are no alternatives, the Hobbywing box will work, or at least, won't brick your speedo.

Regards

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #1365
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
okay. I just wanted to ask .. May as well ask who are experts in SP

where can you find these LCD boxes? in Sweden is not Speed Passion as large as in the passenger of the world .. This is the most Orion, LRP, Novak, and the Swedish Advanced electronic
You can get it from Toni
http://www.speedpassion-europe.de/

...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0