R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2015, 07:34 AM   #12946
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bordeaux (France)
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerem View Post
Hi guys,

Having troubles with my SP Reventon Pro 1.1

Lost connection during a firmware update and then always display messages "Update Failed" followed by "Reventon only can update firmware".

I tried to re-update the card, same result.
And the same in Safe Mode too.

Any idea to flash it ?

Thanks,

Jerem'
Hi, anyone have any advices to help me bring back to life my Reventon please ?
Thanks !
__________________
Vintage Trans-Am FRENCH Series !
Jerem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #12947
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
I don't think I can add any timing right now because my motor gets up to around 160 degrees and I'm running a 4s 2700mah.
-4s battery! Wow! ...yeah, 160-170 is as hot as I like to go too.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #12948
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,100
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

21.5 and 10.5 V4 Speed Passion Competition motor are now ROAR approved. Full line of V4 Speed Passion motor and option rotors are now ROAR approved and IFMAR approved.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #12949
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,654
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default V4 spec all approved and in stock

Attached Thumbnails
The Speed Passion Thread-speedpassion10_5.jpg   The Speed Passion Thread-speedpassion21_5.jpg  
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #12950
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Hey!

Just got a new esc and motor ( Reventon pro 1.1 + 17.5 MMM), will be running blinky and wonder if anyone has a good setup for it? How much motortiming shall i have?

is going to run on small tracks (carpet) and fdr will be around 4.5.

//Marcus
MarcusEngdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #12951
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,654
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl View Post
Hey!

Just got a new esc and motor ( Reventon pro 1.1 + 17.5 MMM), will be running blinky and wonder if anyone has a good setup for it? How much motortiming shall i have?

is going to run on small tracks (carpet) and fdr will be around 4.5.

//Marcus
I'd start with the default setting for blinky/stock on the ESC. For the motor I would start in the middle with timing and work your way up. On a smaller track you might not need more than the max available timing in the motor.

If you want to experiment with even higher timing take a look at the yellow and blue sensor boards. Be careful when throwing more timing at your setup. Always check motor temps as you go up in timing and gearing.

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/search....timing&Search=
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:48 AM   #12952
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I'd start with the default setting for blinky/stock on the ESC. For the motor I would start in the middle with timing and work your way up. On a smaller track you might not need more than the max available timing in the motor.

If you want to experiment with even higher timing take a look at the yellow and blue sensor boards. Be careful when throwing more timing at your setup. Always check motor temps as you go up in timing and gearing.

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/search....timing&Search=
Tnx!
MarcusEngdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #12953
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Just installed my new Reventon pro 1.1 but the heatsink fan won't start. Is it supposed to start immediately?
MarcusEngdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:15 AM   #12954
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Any tips for improving the brakes on the Reventon R? Bought one for my Sakura sport to run in 21.5 and its brakes are very weak. Set to 100% in the programming and 100% on my radio but they just don't have much bite, they work but not very well. Tried them with both a speed passion 21.5 and a Hobbywing 21.5, the Hobbywing was a fraction better but both times the car was not stopping that well and unless I touch the throttle they don't work at all (like if I just put it on the ground and push it along the brakes will not engage unless I have accelerated first with the ESC).
I want to move up to Superstock soon but the brakes would not be safe to run this class with.
WallRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #12955
Dob
Tech Addict
 
Dob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 570
Default

I have a reventon pro that I smoked ( all my fault ). I have been trying to get it repaired/replaced. Anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks guys
__________________
-Sweep Racing Tires-

www.sweepracingusa.com
Dob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #12956
Tech Regular
 
MPisterzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Washington
Posts: 275
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dob View Post
I have a reventon pro that I smoked ( all my fault ). I have been trying to get it repaired/replaced. Anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks guys
You can try to contact shop.speedpowerrc.com or speedpassion.kayako.com/Core/Default/Index or www.kinggolden-rc.com/contact.asp

Good luck I have been waiting since 9/28 for a response from any.
__________________
Associated RC10B6D --- RC10SC5m --- RC10T5m --- Original RC10 Worlds
CRC Xti-WC --- GenX10 SE

B&B Hobbies Carpet Series
RCCCS Spokane, WA
MPisterzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #12957
Dob
Tech Addict
 
Dob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPisterzi View Post
You can try to contact shop.speedpowerrc.com or speedpassion.kayako.com/Core/Default/Index or www.kinggolden-rc.com/contact.asp

Good luck I have been waiting since 9/28 for a response from any.
I tried all the above. Speed passion site won't let me register for an RMA. I tried Facebook and was in touch with someone, but then they disappeared and haven't told me where to send my Info. Have a few others emails out, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. It's a shame really.

On a side note, whats this Carrera 3 transmitter talk all about? Has anything other than the quick mention of it on the site about allowing esc changes from the Tx been brought public?
__________________
-Sweep Racing Tires-

www.sweepracingusa.com
Dob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #12958
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
Default

Hi all!

I just bought Speed Passion Reventon S+10.5T combo to my Sakura D4 drifter.
So far its great, but it seems that theres some kind of "turbo boost" active, as my throttle reaches approx. 60%, the car gets like a 1000 horsepowers more.
Thats quite annoying with a drifter as it makes the controlling the car impossible.
Is there some kind of turbo boost or is my radio settings wrong??
I have calibrated the esc according to instructions. I have the program card but i didnt see any part where i can disable that stupid turbo boost.

Thanks.
Henkka77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #12959
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,654
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post
Hi all!

I just bought Speed Passion Reventon S+10.5T combo to my Sakura D4 drifter.
So far its great, but it seems that theres some kind of "turbo boost" active, as my throttle reaches approx. 60%, the car gets like a 1000 horsepowers more.
Thats quite annoying with a drifter as it makes the controlling the car impossible.
Is there some kind of turbo boost or is my radio settings wrong??
I have calibrated the esc according to instructions. I have the program card but i didnt see any part where i can disable that stupid turbo boost.

Thanks.
Do you know what profile you are running in the ESC? Download the Speed Passion software to your PC and connect everything up per instructions. Maybe you have Hybid Boost or something activated.


On a separate note: "race20" coupon code will save everyone some money on shop.speedpowerrc.com
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 AM   #12960
Tech Elite
 
flat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,282
Trader Rating: 326 (100%+)
Default

I picked up a reventon pro 1.1 esc. Wondering what update I need to download in order to open up the reverse settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
__________________
Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time. ~ John Muir
flat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 09:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net