Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

In some setup sheets I have seen that you can choose HB Boost active 30% but in which firmware? I have tested all and canīt go below 40%.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jerem
Hi guys,

Having troubles with my SP Reventon Pro 1.1

Lost connection during a firmware update and then always display messages "Update Failed" followed by "Reventon only can update firmware".

I tried to re-update the card, same result.
And the same in Safe Mode too.

Any idea to flash it ?

Thanks,

Jerem'
No ideas guys ? thanks !
Old 12-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

No ideas guys ? thanks !
Please re-try safe mode.

"Open Reventon PC interface, Press "S" button (keyboard).
The right top corner will show "Safe mode".

Connect ESC to LCD card.
Pressing the LCD card "Value" button and then connect LCD card to PC.
The LCD card will display "CONNECTING PC".

Release "Item button".
Click "Update firmware" to flash ESC firmware."
Old 12-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nexus
"Open Reventon PC interface, Press "S" button (keyboard).
The right top corner will show "Safe mode".

Connect ESC to LCD card.
Pressing the LCD card "Value" button and then connect LCD card to PC.
The LCD card will display "CONNECTING PC".

Release "Item button".
Click "Update firmware" to flash ESC firmware."
Hi Nexus,

I think you mean the Value button ?

Even, this one or the other are doing the same result.

I've tried to re-flash the card in 2.4 and then in 2.7 and tried to re-flash the Esc, not working, always the same messages just after choosing a firmware (see pics).

Thanks,

Jérem'
Attached Thumbnails The Speed Passion Thread-rev1.jpg   The Speed Passion Thread-rev2.jpg   The Speed Passion Thread-wp_20141212_003.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I'm running a SpeedPassion GT 2.0 LPF (which may seem outdated to some) and was wondering if I desperately need the SP programming card to update the firmware or are there other cards that I can use ?
I know the Hobbywing 2 in 1 and 3 in 1 work (according to the forum) but is it the only one that works ? Any other cards that work too?

Finally, would it be safe to run no fan on the Speedo while running a x12 13.5 t?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mat.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, would I be correct in assuming that I can replace the Reventon Pro capacitor with any 2200uf 25V cap?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Nexus,

I think you mean the Value button ?

Even, this one or the other are doing the same result.

I've tried to re-flash the card in 2.4 and then in 2.7 and tried to re-flash the Esc, not working, always the same messages just after choosing a firmware (see pics).

Thanks,

Jérem'
Let me look at this later tonight and get back to you.

Originally Posted by MatJ
Hi,

I'm running a SpeedPassion GT 2.0 LPF (which may seem outdated to some) and was wondering if I desperately need the SP programming card to update the firmware or are there other cards that I can use ?
I know the Hobbywing 2 in 1 and 3 in 1 work (according to the forum) but is it the only one that works ? Any other cards that work too?

Finally, would it be safe to run no fan on the Speedo while running a x12 13.5 t?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mat.
You don't have to run a fan on the speed or toward the motor, but every little bit helps in onroad. If I had a choice I would put a high power fan blowing to the motor.

Originally Posted by CamLS
Hey guys, would I be correct in assuming that I can replace the Reventon Pro capacitor with any 2200uf 25V cap?
It's been done. I've seen others put other brand caps on with no issues. In either, a cap is a cap is a cap :P
Old 12-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 08:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Do i need to switch a motor wire to get my buggy to run in the forward direction? i have a futaba 4pks radio (throttle in reverse), SP reventon pro speedo. i've programmed the speedo to learn the transmitter a number of times.if i switch my throttle on my radio all that does is switch throttle direction of my radio.

this setup is on a durango dex410v3 off road buggy.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You don't have to run a fan on the speed or toward the motor, but every little bit helps in onroad. If I had a choice I would put a high power fan blowing to the motor.

It's been done. I've seen others put other brand caps on with no issues. In either, a cap is a cap is a cap :P
i have run a reventon pro 1.1 in 13.5 with no fan no problems.
However its at my risk.
Always use a large 40mm fan direct on back of motor works well
Old 12-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just a very quick question that I think shouldn't be hard to answer.
I have been out of this hobby for 3 years, and in that time, ESC software have been bugging me to stay up to date.

I own a SP GT2.0 Lpf (never updated) with a 13.5t, and while I know that to be legal in 'blinky', I need to use the 'no timing 508' software.

Sadly I don't have a programming card yet and therefore to emulate at best the behaviour of that software, can I simply put the ESC timing to zero and get used to the driving that way ? And then I will update to 508...

Finally, what is the factory stock software on a GT 2.0 LPF ?

Thanks.
Mat
Old 12-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I bought a used GT2.0Pro esc, I loaded V1.36 to my computer.

I connect the esc to the LCD program box, the positive and negative are correct. I then plug the USB cable into the program box and into the USB port on my computer.

I bring up the V1.36 program on my computer and the program box just says 'Connecting to Computer' but never connects.

Now if I plug the esc into the 2s battery of the car, the 'ESC Speed Control' on the computer lights up bright green and the program stuff comes up on the computer where I can change settings, but the 'Busy' box on the computer still shows and the LCD program card still says connecting to computer.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by prosport
I bought a used GT2.0Pro esc, I loaded V1.36 to my computer.

I connect the esc to the LCD program box, the positive and negative are correct. I then plug the USB cable into the program box and into the USB port on my computer.

I bring up the V1.36 program on my computer and the program box just says 'Connecting to Computer' but never connects.

Now if I plug the esc into the 2s battery of the car, the 'ESC Speed Control' on the computer lights up bright green and the program stuff comes up on the computer where I can change settings, but the 'Busy' box on the computer still shows and the LCD program card still says connecting to computer.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

If you run the GT Pro/LPF (non Reventon) ESCs you need the battery connected to the programmer box when connected to a computer for it to work.

Then you make all the changes via the computer software.

With Reventon ESCs you DO NOT need the battery connected when hooking up to a computer. If you do this with the Reventon bad things will happen.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

If you run the GT Pro/LPF (non Reventon) ESCs you need the battery connected to the programmer box when connected to a computer for it to work.

Then you make all the changes via the computer software.

With Reventon ESCs you DO NOT need the battery connected when hooking up to a computer. If you do this with the Reventon bad things will happen.
Thanks! That will get me started, now I need to figure out why the settings aren't submitting to the esc.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

I'm at a loss, I have the V1.36 program on my computer screen, LCD box is hooked up correctly, car battery is plugged in, ESC is turned on.

The LCD box just says 'Connecting PC'.

And the computer screen pops up a box that says 'The current version (V3_508_no timing) can not be updated to the version (V3.0_110119_Mod)'

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.