Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thercpr0
So I hardly see anyone running speed passion stuff in off road...are the motors just not worth anything? Can they not handle the load or have enough power to clear jumps? I'm wanting to do a budget build series and am wanting to put a reventon r esc and a v3 7.5 motor in a 2wd buggy.
There used a fair bit in Aus due to the price and performance. In Mod they go fine from what I can tell, in Stock (17.5) they need the optional 20,30+ timing boards to get up to speed of the trinity motors etc.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
There used a fair bit in Aus due to the price and performance. In Mod they go fine from what I can tell, in Stock (17.5) they need the optional 20,30+ timing boards to get up to speed of the trinity motors etc.
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc_speed
Hello,
I have a reventon pro 1.1 EX in my 1/12 car. I have just put in a new receiver and resynced with the radio. I am using Stock0 programming and verified with my programming box that it is in use. I reset the esc to my radio throttle end points. when I turn it on and the radio, everything works fine. I got steering and seem to have full control of the throttle. The battery cutoff is disabled.
When I turn it on, I get blink-blink-pause and this repeats. It may be possible that my battery is not fully charged. Is this what it does for a non-fully charged battery when the esc is in blinky mode? Or does this code mean something else?

thanks,
tim
just curious if you've figure out what was wrong and how your liking the esc. I'm thinking of getting one for 12 scale in 13.5 blinky. so any info would be great,
Old 08-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thercpr0
So I hardly see anyone running speed passion stuff in off road...are the motors just not worth anything? Can they not handle the load or have enough power to clear jumps? I'm wanting to do a budget build series and am wanting to put a reventon r esc and a v3 7.5 motor in a 2wd buggy.
Well used in offroad. I've run SP stuff for 4yrs in SCT stock/mod, 4wd mod, 2wd stock/mod buggy...SP is the best value in the biz. Don't overpay for the others.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

Having troubles with my SP Reventon Pro 1.1

Lost connection during a firmware update and then always display messages "Update Failed" followed by "Reventon only can update firmware".

I tried to re-update the card, same result.
And the same in Safe Mode too.

Any idea to flash it ?

Thanks,

Jerem'
Old 09-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

Having troubles with my SP Reventon Pro 1.1

Lost connection during a firmware update and then always display messages "Update Failed" followed by "Reventon only can update firmware".

I tried to re-update the card, same result.
And the same in Safe Mode too.

Any idea to flash it ?

Thanks,

Jerem'
Old 09-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a new Reventon R esc and a new 17.5 V3
that I am using for drifting
My esc came with a blue box that lights up red digital numbers

can u please explain to me the drift software? What does it do? How does it perform?
Can I put drift software on my esc with the box that I have?
thanks
Old 09-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

double post somehow!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a Reventon R and 10.5 sensored motor combo. I have the LED card and software running properly.

The problem is that I have no forward. I only have reverse. The reverse is the full throttle that should be for forward. I have swapped the rev on the transmitter, but it just changes it on the transmitter, not the car. I have tried recalibrating the esc countless times.

A,B,C wires are correct. SP thinks it is my RTR Transmitter and Receiver, however it works fine with my Hobbywing (which does let you change motor rotation).

Any ideas? I am out.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a Reventon R and 10.5 sensored motor combo. I have the LED card and software running properly.

The problem is that I have no forward. I only have reverse. The reverse is the full throttle that should be for forward. I have swapped the rev on the transmitter, but it just changes it on the transmitter, not the car. I have tried recalibrating the esc countless times.

A,B,C wires are correct. SP thinks it is my RTR Transmitter and Receiver, however it works fine with my Hobbywing (which does let you change motor rotation).

Any ideas? I am out.

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,
i have a Reventon S with Competition 3.0S 3500kv. I know there is cogging a low speed; is there a way to fix it?
Which is the best firmware and settings to don't have cogging?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

just curious doesn't any one actually use the retention pro 1.1 ex in 12 scale and how they like it.

will be using it for 13.5 blinky
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

I have a question.

I have Reventon Pro 1.1 ... I bought it from RC Mart Hongkong.

How to enable reverse function ?

I have the program card ( transparent blue box ) .... however I cannot change the inside menu option to forward, brake, reverse.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

I have a new Reventon R esc and a new 17.5 V3
that I am using for drifting
My esc came with a blue box that lights up red digital numbers

can u please explain to me the drift software? What does it do? How does it perform?
Can I put drift software on my esc with the box that I have?
thanks
Old 09-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mr_RCGuy

Any ideas? I am out.

Thanks.
Which car ?

I once had a shaft driven car with the diffs mounted opposite what is normal for most cars. Most sensored esc motor combinations will not work in these cars.

Andre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.