R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #12571
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anybody using the LED programming card? I bought one to work with my Reventon Pro and all I'm getting is the dashes on the screen. I've tired everything to make it work but it won't recognize the ESC is there. Something I'm doing wrong?
Wil
Old 05-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #12572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default wrong one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Holmes View Post
Anybody using the LED programming card? I bought one to work with my Reventon Pro and all I'm getting is the dashes on the screen. I've tired everything to make it work but it won't recognize the ESC is there. Something I'm doing wrong?
Wil
I believe you need the Smart LCD program card. It's a light blue color.
astgerma52sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #12573
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by astgerma52sp View Post
I believe you need the Smart LCD program card. It's a light blue color.
Oh is there a difference between the two? I didn't know that at all.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #12574
Tech Regular

Default yes

Quote:
Oh is there a difference between the two? I didn't know that at all.
Smart LCD is made for the Reventon ESC
Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #12575
Tech Adept

Your incorrect sir. The LED works as well its made for the reventon series too. I finally got it to work. It was the computer I was using.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #12576
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw_rooster View Post
Anybody running the Hirosaka pro motors? I have a couple on the way to try with my Reventon Pro 1.1
I noticed these too Josh. Wonder if these are the next evolution V4 motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
In case you missed it on our Facebook page...

Will these be the V4 motors? Maybe similar to Hirosaka's made by SP. Anytime frame on release.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #12577
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post

Will these be the V4 motors? Maybe similar to Hirosaka's made by SP. Anytime frame on release.
The Hirosaka motors showed up here last week. They look pretty dialed. I have been running the V3 motors since about 2010 and they work great, but I have to say I like that the Hirosaka motors have solder tabs rather than the bullet plugs (maybe because I am old school and like to use my Ungar UTC 300 on occasion)
jw_rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #12578
Tech Regular

Default ohh

Quote:
Your incorrect sir. The LED works as well its made for the reventon series too. I finally got it to work. It was the computer I was using.
Awesome!!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #12579
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just picked up a Reventon 1.1 ex and LCD programming card. For some reason I cannot get the card to communicate with the esc. It powers up and I get a screen showing the firmware revision, but none of the buttons work. I downloaded the PC interface and when I try to use it, the screen keeps telling me to connect the esc even though it already is. The esc synced with the rx just fine and everything works, I just can't change any settings. Any ideas?
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:40 AM   #12580
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
I just picked up a Reventon 1.1 ex and LCD programming card. For some reason I cannot get the card to communicate with the esc. It powers up and I get a screen showing the firmware revision, but none of the buttons work. I downloaded the PC interface and when I try to use it, the screen keeps telling me to connect the esc even though it already is. The esc synced with the rx just fine and everything works, I just can't change any settings. Any ideas?
Double check that your wires (-+s) from speedo and esc aren't backwards. Had this happen to a buddy and couldn't figure it out for a few hrs until I mentioned it. As far as PC interface. Sounds like the driver portion of the software is not setup. It took me a while to figure it out. Had to delve into the settings portion of my laptop to open it and allow it to work.
Hope this helps.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #12581
Tech Elite

Quote:
Double check that your wires (-+s) from speedo and esc aren't backwards. Had this happen to a buddy and couldn't figure it out for a few hrs until I mentioned it. As far as PC interface. Sounds like the driver portion of the software is not setup. It took me a while to figure it out. Had to delve into the settings portion of my laptop to open it and allow it to work.
Hope this helps.
Plug orientation was the first thing I checked. If I reverse the plug the programming card won't even light up. I checked my driver settings according to the tech bulletin on the speed passion site and it appears they installed correctly, but I am running Windows 7 so who knows..
Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #12582
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Please go thru the USB setup, there is a folder about USB and you have to install that. Your case is your CARD is not connecting to the computer because the USB driver was not installed.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #12583
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Please go thru the USB setup, there is a folder about USB and you have to install that. Your case is your CARD is not connecting to the computer because the USB driver was not installed.
I had already done that too. After about an hour on the phone with Speed Passion tech support we got it sorted. I had to uninstall, then re-install everything. Then update the firmware on the LCD card, then update the firmware on the esc. Now it's all working correctly.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #12584
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw_rooster View Post
The Hirosaka motors showed up here last week. They look pretty dialed. I have been running the V3 motors since about 2010 and they work great, but I have to say I like that the Hirosaka motors have solder tabs rather than the bullet plugs (maybe because I am old school and like to use my Ungar UTC 300 on occasion)

Ungar...awesome! I haven't even heard someone say that at the track in years.

The Hirosaka motors are its own line. They are great motors. We have a number of guys running them for racing and bashing...both with success.

The V4 is ...

Quote:
I had already done that too. After about an hour on the phone with Speed Passion tech support we got it sorted. I had to uninstall, then re-install everything. Then update the firmware on the LCD card, then update the firmware on the esc. Now it's all working correctly.
Excellent. Glad it was worked out for you. I know on one of my PCs windows goes nuts and reinstalling everything and starting over sometimes is the answer.

<<-- WWW.SPEEDPOWERRC.COM ->>
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #12585
Tech Addict

Can anyone tell me what they think about the blue tooth adapter? How well does it work? How ready or tough it is to setup and use?

1/12th scale, just 1/12th scale.
I love to go like hell for 8 minutes.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote