R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #12541
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Send the same message to SP-service-center. Will se if they can help...
I don't think it's worth time time and effort to try and repair that board yourself. Plus it could possibly mess up another part of the board.

Contact Speed Passion for an RMA if it is under warranty. We might be able to help you out, but need the details. PM me your information and I will try and assist you.

<<-- WWW.SPEEDPOWERRC.COM ->>
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #12542
Tech Addict

Is there a alternative to the SPLCD01 programming box (can't find one)? I just purchased a GT V2.1 EX and I will need to program it. I have a Hobbywing program box and I heard that it might work.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #12543
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
Is there a alternative to the SPLCD01 programming box (can't find one)? I just purchased a GT V2.1 EX and I will need to program it. I have a Hobbywing program box and I heard that it might work.
The HW LCD box does work with the GT speedos. That's what I use.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #12544
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Thanks for the answer. Another question, do you use the HW software or do I need to use Speed Passions? Speed Passion informed the the GT ESC line and programmer are discontinued.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #12545
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
HW box work ONLY if the box still using their old pre-V3.0 software...if the box is already running the post V3.0 software in the box, it won't work....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #12546
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

when I got my HW box I just flashed the box to the SP software for the programmer box. works great.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #12547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. Another question, do you use the HW software or do I need to use Speed Passions? Speed Passion informed the the GT ESC line and programmer are discontinued.
The firmware is still available on the SP website. Just go to the download page and it's at the bottom of the 2nd page. V1.38
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #12548
Tech Addict

Thanks guys. Since I use my HW programmer on HW speedos a lot I don't want to change its software. I just found a local racer with the correct SP programmer. If it doesn't work I will get second HW box and flash it.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #12549
Tech Addict

OK, the ESC showed up today and I wired it up and connected the included programmer and all was good. Then as an experiment I took my Hobbyking (not wing) USB adaptor and connected it like I would a Hobbywing ESC to my computer. I launched the Hobbywing 3.43 software and turned on the ESC. The GT V2.1 EX was recognized and looked all the world like a Hobbywing esc. I flashed the V3_508_no_timing software to the ESC then set all of my 1s parameters. Now the Hobbywing programmer works (and it would have before flashing software) just like the Speed Passion ESC is a Hobbywing (and it probably is). Nice 1s esc for about $65.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #12550
Tech Champion

Quote:
OK, the ESC showed up today and I wired it up and connected the included programmer and all was good. Then as an experiment I took my Hobbyking (not wing) USB adaptor and connected it like I would a Hobbywing ESC to my computer. I launched the Hobbywing 3.43 software and turned on the ESC. The GT V2.1 EX was recognized and looked all the world like a Hobbywing esc. I flashed the V3_508_no_timing software to the ESC then set all of my 1s parameters. Now the Hobbywing programmer works (and it would have before flashing software) just like the Speed Passion ESC is a Hobbywing (and it probably is). Nice 1s esc for about $65.
Awesome. That ESC is still a beast. Many guys are or were running it before the Reventon 1.1 EX came out.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #12551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Currently my son and I are running stock tc and usgt with HW esc.... now I have had many different escs for many manufacturer s can someone compare the SP line to my list below please
sxx v2 1s best brakes I have ever felt and has small foot print.
novak gtb3 nice but very large but brakes r not that great at wto.
hobbwing 120a 2.1 1s love it . Good brakes ...
hobbwing 60a xtreme stock good but brakes suck
orca Q spark. very smooth decent brakes but very soft punch with no adjustment.....
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #12552
Tech Champion

JJ Wang TQs and wins 1/12 Modified at the Asian Onroad Championships using the Speed Passion Reventon 1.1 EX.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #12553
Tech Initiate

hi, I have the new Reventon 1.1 and I have noticed that the fan has never came on. I am running it in a DEX410 w/ saddle packs. 2cell. I have a tekin esc and once I turn the esc on the fan will run till I turn on the radio, then only once it get to the temp needed to engage the fan.. On the Reventon the fan has nver came on, I even put in on a direct port in the RX and nothing.. I was at the local track just a bit ago, and ran a full pack through, the ESC was hot to the touch, but the fan never came on to cool it down. Do I have a bad fan? Is there a way to make the fan come on?

thanks
cannonballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #12554
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballs View Post
hi, I have the new Reventon 1.1 and I have noticed that the fan has never came on. I am running it in a DEX410 w/ saddle packs. 2cell. I have a tekin esc and once I turn the esc on the fan will run till I turn on the radio, then only once it get to the temp needed to engage the fan.. On the Reventon the fan has nver came on, I even put in on a direct port in the RX and nothing.. I was at the local track just a bit ago, and ran a full pack through, the ESC was hot to the touch, but the fan never came on to cool it down. Do I have a bad fan? Is there a way to make the fan come on?

thanks
Fan might be bad, try another fan and is there is power to the fan from the port first....the ESC will turn on the fan when the ESC is on, so there are no turn on and turn off....

If it tested it is the bad fan, submit RMA and contact our US office and we can warranty you a new fan for the V1.1.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #12555
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Fan might be bad, try another fan and is there is power to the fan from the port first....the ESC will turn on the fan when the ESC is on, so there are no turn on and turn off....

If it tested it is the bad fan, submit RMA and contact our US office and we can warranty you a new fan for the V1.1.
Yes, I did just that. I tested it with my tekin fan, and the fan ran the whole time. So, the fan I got is bad. I will submit a RMA on the fan.

thanks
cannonballs is offline   Reply With Quote