Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Has anyone had a sensor board fail in there SP motors??

I have new V3.0 17.5 with a red timing board that I had from a 1 year old MMM motor and has been fine for many race meets but yesterday mid way through my final race throttle became very touchy.

Brought it in and found anything less than 30% throttle it would cog like crazy (4wd team durango)

Replaced the sensor wire and it was the same, when I got home I put the 0-10 Black timing board back in and the cogging is gone.

What causes this issue anyone had it before??
I have seen this problem before. The leads soldered into the timing board are barely long enough to pass through the PCB and don't get soldered very well.
You can press the 2 PCB's together while re-soldering the posts and this may fix your problem... it did for me. I wish they would leave the pins long so they could get soldered properly and then clip off the excess. simple soldering 101.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silveraider14
anyone have success running the reventon program on windows 8?

I get the usb driver to download but the setup doesn't work like how it did on windows 7
You may need to install in compatibility mode.
Uninstall the current program.
Right click on the .exe install file and select compatibility mode.
You will be prompted to choose and older OS and just move forward with the install. don't close the troubleshooter till everything has installed.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chrisware1
Hi guys and girls. I have a Reventon Pro that's done about three meetings in 1/10 TC (13.5T, stock 1 setting) Today I changed some settings and put the boost to 150k as per some guys setup sheets. I went to full throttle and it cut out. Now when you push the button to turn it on, it comes on, but as soon as you release the button it turns off. It didn't over heat or do anything silly neither did the motor. It will still connect to the computer so I reset everything back to default then reset it all again but the same thing happens, push the button down and it fires up, release the button and it turns off. Any Ideas ???
You may have hurt the motor by revving it with so much boost. I take it you had no load on the motor at the time? The ESC might be sensing that there is something wrong with the motor. Make sure that your 2s battery is fully charged. Try unplugging the sensor cable and then turn it on. If no go, wire up known good motor and see if it's all better. If still no go, you may now have an ESC problem.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
Any ideas?

I've tried contacting Speed Passion but haven't had a response.

I really need to be able to program my ESC and nothing seems to work.

The USB driver appears to be installed properly because I can see the card when I go to device manager on my laptop.

If I open the PC interface and plug it in whilst holding Reset I can update the software to v1.3 or v1.4 but neither seem to solve my problem.

I'm just stuck with two dashes! I can't program from PC or the card.

I've googled but couldn't find anything useful. The first result is my post on here!
If you have already updated your ESC, the LED card may no longer be compatible. Get the LCD card and you should be ok.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedfreak391
I have a reventon pro 1.1 and I have run it in my car 3-4 times at my local track. The last time that I had it at the track it worked perfectly.But 2 nights ago I was getting ready to go to the track and all I have is reverse, or if I change the running mode to forward/brake I get no movement at all. I am running a 8.5 V3 motor that came s a package with the speed control.
I have tried to reflash or resend the settings to the esc with both the lcd programmer and my PC. and no change. Any help would be appreciated.
Make sure you didn't accidently change model number on your transmitter and then re-calibrate the ESC to your radio. If it calibrates normally, it should work. If it shows a problem while calibrating, you may have killed the forward mosfet pack. Double check all your soldering as well.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Make sure you didn't accidently change model number on your transmitter and then re-calibrate the ESC to your radio. If it calibrates normally, it should work. If it shows a problem while calibrating, you may have killed the forward mosfet pack. Double check all your soldering as well.
Man, you are on a roll! Did you stay at a Holiday inn last night?
Old 01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
If you have already updated your ESC, the LED card may no longer be compatible. Get the LCD card and you should be ok.
I haven't updated the esc. The card has never worked.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

is the mmm 17.5 the good one to have for blinky touring car? or hows the v3? or maybe somthing else?
Old 01-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AlanHall
is the mmm 17.5 the good one to have for blinky touring car? or hows the v3? or maybe somthing else?
MMM 17.5. I use the same motor with a speed passion Reventon Pro for stock racing using the stock timing board at max. so far it has work well for me no lack of power or speed.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AlanHall
The MMM is the better of the two.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
Man, you are on a roll! Did you stay at a Holiday inn last night?
How did you know??
The couple in the next room were really going at it.

Sounded like trimming a body shell with a file. "waa-wa-waa-wa-waa-wa"... LOL
Old 02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion Revention issues

A number of issues I'm having :-

Car running Speed Passion motors which were part of Combos sold with either the Reventon S or R speed controllers. The brakes are really poor, even running 20% drag brake. Club mates have suggested that is actually the motor and not the esc.

Reventon R and S have poor reverse. It either actually doesn't work at all, or has a delay.

I like the smoothness of the esc but the problems listed are making me seriously consider selling all my Speed Passion equipment and buying another brand as my racing enjoyment is being spoiled. I would like the SP advisor Solara on this thread to advise on these in case I can make some improvements.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Change software Fleta 4 to SP Reventon PRO

hi!

I changed my ESC software reventon pro and put the muchmore Fleta 4.0, but would return the original SP software, anyone know if it is possible to do this?

thanks
Old 02-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default hmm

Originally Posted by 32819toon
A number of issues I'm having :-

Car running Speed Passion motors which were part of Combos sold with either the Reventon S or R speed controllers. The brakes are really poor, even running 20% drag brake. Club mates have suggested that is actually the motor and not the esc.

Reventon R and S have poor reverse. It either actually doesn't work at all, or has a delay.

I like the smoothness of the esc but the problems listed are making me seriously consider selling all my Speed Passion equipment and buying another brand as my racing enjoyment is being spoiled. I would like the SP advisor Solara on this thread to advise on these in case I can make some improvements.
From what I've read on this board, you must use the smart LCD program card to correctly set your brakes. The ESC comes with a low default brake setting.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
From what I've read on this board, you must use the smart LCD program card to correctly set your brakes. The ESC comes with a low default brake setting.
Also with the new software there is no reverse in blinky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.