R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #12331
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 303 (100%+)

Happy new year to all and thanks for your help Howard. Sometimes I would be lost with out the great advise I get from you. Happy to use SP and HB in all my cars and always with the best service and support. Keep up the great work and THANK YOU. Happy racing to all.
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-Showing up and paying entry fee alone is not :"supporting your track" Stop fooling yourselves - buying online kills local racing programs. If we trade lower feedback always ships first. It ain't over till fat lady sings - race till your told your done and quit complaining .
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #12332
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams View Post
Solara,

I just mounted in my new Speed Passion 1.1 Reventon Pro. Just did the software update to 1.1.0.24. I have no throttle now......I have to push the spur gear to get the motor to turn or rotate, once it turns it seems to work ok, but soon as I stop the rotation the motor will not go again.....unless I assist with moving the spur gear. Switched out about 5 sensor cables, still same thing. Switched out about 4 motors 2 of them which are new motors still same thing. Re loaded software still same thing, switched servo to reverse and then back to normal still no movement on motor. I'm stumped.... could not race today!
hmm, did you try reverting to the old software or switching from stock0 (or whatever you're using) to stock1 or mod? Sounds like you've already eliminated the external sensor suspects, so it may be worth a shot. I don't have the 1.1 Pro, so I'm just shooting from the hip.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #12333
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hi All,
Thinking of buying a Reventon Pro 1.1. Looking at the specs, it doesn't seem to be the smallest speedo out there. Just wondering how snug of a fit it is on newer touring cars with the motor more forward like the 418 and BD7.
Thanks!
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #12334
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
Hi All,
Thinking of buying a Reventon Pro 1.1. Looking at the specs, it doesn't seem to be the smallest speedo out there. Just wondering how snug of a fit it is on newer touring cars with the motor more forward like the 418 and BD7.
Thanks!
Viktor Wlick run our speedo and motor on his 418...I don't see why it won't fit in any RC car right now. Just some ppl like to fit it in specific position and that we cannot garantee our ESC will be perfect for everyone.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #12335
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Viktor Wlick run our speedo and motor on his 418...I don't see why it won't fit in any RC car right now. Just some ppl like to fit it in specific position and that we cannot garantee our ESC will be perfect for everyone.
Many of the new chassis also use a floating servo mount which provides more room for the electronics.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #12336
Tech Master

Thanks, guys!!! Think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these. I have no doubt it'll be smooth as butter too!

Oh, can I use the LCD program box on the Reventon R also? I swear I looked it up and tried reading, but this thread is a monster.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #12337
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
Thanks, guys!!! Think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these. I have no doubt it'll be smooth as butter too!

Oh, can I use the LCD program box on the Reventon R also? I swear I looked it up and tried reading, but this thread is a monster.
R came with LED card, not LCD....beside, PRO 1.1 came with its own LCD card, no need to buy one...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #12338
Tech Rookie

hello,

I have just bought a reventon pro 1.1 + competition 3.0 9.5T combo and it's work fine but...i cannot program the ESC because he is not detected either by the programing card, either by the computer...but the programming card is powered (LCD on).

i'm currently on the 2.7 firmware
atomichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #12339
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomichal View Post
hello,

I have just bought a reventon pro 1.1 + competition 3.0 9.5T combo and it's work fine but...i cannot program the ESC because he is not detected either by the programing card, either by the computer...but the programming card is powered (LCD on).

i'm currently on the 2.7 firmware
When your ESC is connected to the programmer AND the computer make sure your battery is NOT connected.

<<-- WWW.SPEEDPOWERRC.COM ->>
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #12340
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
R came with LED card, not LCD....beside, PRO 1.1 came with its own LCD card, no need to buy one...
Understood, but I was thinking of buying a pro and an R and was just curious if the lcd programmer works fine on it.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #12341
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
I don't go by the outside temp. The best way to read the esc temp is to check it with the box immediately after pulling it from the track. If I'm not mistaken, I think that the program box actually reads the esc's internal temp. For the Reventon Pro the critical (internal) temp is 205 F. If you were to activate the thermal protection the instructions say that it will kick in if the esc senses 205+ F for a sustained period of 5 seconds. If the outside heat sink was at 95c that should be around 203 F if I'm remembering my Celsius conversion correctly (this may be off as it's been a while, lol). With an outside temp of 203 F it doesn't sound like you were anywhere near the internal thermal temp of 205 F (if that's what the box is actually reading) so my guess is that something else went wrong. Send it in for repair. Even if you've had it for longer than the warranty it would still be worth getting it fixed.
you do know the heat starts from the inside and goes out. if the temp is 50 on the inside aint no way the outside will ever get above 50, and your assuming that the 205 cut off is actually 205, which btw seems pretty darn high. the heat sink is designed to draw heat away from the inside, a fan cools the heat sink, and so does the natural air flow around it, if his esc is coming off at 205 on the outside, there is a serious issue somewhere
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 AM   #12342
Tech Rookie

Since updating to Reventon PC Interface V1.1.0.24
My led box will not work, is it not comparable with this version?
Scooterboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:02 AM   #12343
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterboy34 View Post
Since updating to Reventon PC Interface V1.1.0.24
My led box will not work, is it not comparable with this version?
The LED box is really just a paper weight. Get the LCD programmer and you will be up to date. The LED programmer is super basic and usually not compatible beyond the firmware it shipped with.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #12344
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
In buggy, the GREEN board set in the middle is very popular to run. If you don't have a green board then possibly the RED all the way to the right.

That setup has taken a number of Speed Passion drivers to A Mains at large events.

What board does it come with? In 17.5 blinky, how does this motor compare to other motors, like the trinity d3.5?

Serpent America: Triton engines/ Nitro pro.Fuel/ Rc Addiction products : Vp pro Usa/Dialed-Rc
Barnstormers: Chester, NY, N.Y.. IRH Lindenhurst
Vinny Cancilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #12345
Tech Regular

Need som advice here.. i have lost the warranty card for my reventon pro so no point sending it in..

Heres the thing, i resoldered all the wiring, attached a new cap today, just a desperate move to see if i can get any life out of it.. strange thing: it works!? (tried the car back and forth on the floor at home without any problems)

now this esc had heat cutoff disabled, was 95 degrees celsius (203F) on the outside when it switched itself off, motor just cogged badly when i tried it again after it had cooled off.

soooo, do i dare to try it on the track, have a racemeeting coming this weekend, no time to test during practice (not any time to practice at all due to colliding with race meetings the coming 3months) or is there something obious that may have been damaged in it that can cause me trouble again?

may sound desperate, but i really like the feeling in the esc, especially the brakes

Last edited by Bappe; 01-07-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Bappe is offline   Reply With Quote