Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Cool.

Am I correct in assuming then that there won't be any revisions to the current line of motors to include say the green or yellow timing board by default? Was thinking for spec classes it would be nice to have a motor where out of the box it had the common features like that timing board range (the green or yellow would be nice) and the 12.5mm rotor without having to buy those separate and increasing the cost versus other competitors motors. I like my speed passion motors even with the timing board quirks but when asked about them it has come up a couple of times if there was a motor out of the box with these options already present.

If its something that could be done like how novak has a "build a motor" program, that could be really something.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I had the super 7 rotor 12.5mm in my 17.5 MMM but it came apart at one edge, really sucked as its not a cheap part.

Very torquey though, I would recommend it if that is what you are looking for.

one thing you could try in a pinch without buying the board first would in theory be using your ESCs timing features to simulate the timing board effect. So, may start your timing ramp at 0 RPM so you get the same kind of timing effect, then select a given timing setting (or there may be another way to just do this with normally timing settings, not sure). From there, pick the value you want to try, adjust your gearing to a higher FDR and see how it feels.

That is at least what I would try before buying the board so you don't get one you don't use as they are not cheap lol.

Solara: Will there be a timing board in the future that covers all ranges that will work with the V3.0 and MMM motors or will this be only a V4 feature?
Cant do that, this is a blinky mode class. So I need to do what I can with gearing timing and rotor.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Styles
Cant do that, this is a blinky mode class. So I need to do what I can with gearing timing and rotor.
You are missing the point.

What I am getting at is in TESTING, you can test this with the least agressive "mod" software in my opinion that feels similar to blinky. Then, once you find the setting for timing that works, order that board and put the board in and set your ESC to blinky again.

You will still run blinky at the track, this is just to test it so you know what board to buy, as well as testing various timing setting quickly versus having to pull the motor, loosen the can, etc to adjust the timing board position.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

You are missing the point.

What I am getting at is in TESTING, you can test this with the least agressive "mod" software in my opinion that feels similar to blinky. Then, once you find the setting for timing that works, order that board and put the board in and set your ESC to blinky again.

You will still run blinky at the track, this is just to test it so you know what board to buy, as well as testing various timing setting quickly versus having to pull the motor, loosen the can, etc to adjust the timing board position.
You're correct, I did miss that point...Good one too. I'm more of a direct directions person
All good, thanks for the tip. Ill try it out.

Would you buy that same rotor again even with the failure you had on it?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Styles
You're correct, I did miss that point...Good one too. I'm more of a direct directions person
All good, thanks for the tip. Ill try it out.

Would you buy that same rotor again even with the failure you had on it?
glad I could help!

From a torque perspective if that is what you need, yes I would. I used it in 1/10 2wd buggy offroad as well as a touring car (but the class never got going ) and really liked it. had the punch I was looking for.

I don't know the differences though between the super 7 version and the "black" version but was told the super 7 one was better, probably why I had a real heck of a time finding it at the time lol.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the deal with Speed Passion? They don't have stock on any parts really? The stock they do have is of parts, obviously, that aren't as popular. Whats the status of getting things in stock?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Legend

what are you looking for specifically?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

what are you looking for specifically?
Rotors. But when looking at the majority of their parts about 1/3 of each page says "Out of stock"
Old 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Legend

lol yeah, I had a fun time last year hunting down the rotor I wanted. you may want to try ebay. I think I saw one 12.5mm super 7 rotor there.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions??

Hello everyone!
I bought the Reventon R and Reventon S to be used on 2wd buggy. I have the S version set up, software working ok, no issues so far, but I have a simple question.
There is an info on the download site stating "Release Reventon-S mod0, mod1, mod2, drift & rock crawler V21 firmware". In the software choice drop down there is Mod2 soft
for the Reventon S but it gives me a checksum error when I try to flash it. I know it was not supported in the earlier versions of the software but is it going to be available for the R or S reventons ?
Would be very nice since it's primarily designed for off-road an I'm off-road only guy
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goszu
Hello everyone!
I bought the Reventon R and Reventon S to be used on 2wd buggy. I have the S version set up, software working ok, no issues so far, but I have a simple question.
There is an info on the download site stating "Release Reventon-S mod0, mod1, mod2, drift & rock crawler V21 firmware". In the software choice drop down there is Mod2 soft
for the Reventon S but it gives me a checksum error when I try to flash it. I know it was not supported in the earlier versions of the software but is it going to be available for the R or S reventons ?
Would be very nice since it's primarily designed for off-road an I'm off-road only guy
Yes, we are waiting for ROAR approval and we will release the V24 interface with all the V21 software updated.....stay tuned.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

just ordered a reventon pro esc...anyone know if it comes pre-soldered?
Old 11-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by frankiebones
just ordered a reventon pro esc...anyone know if it comes pre-soldered?
No. It comes just like you see in its picture. you need to solder it up for the motor and battery leads.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Comp V3 motor timing.

Hey all.

Could someone in the know please shed some light on what the static timing is on the Comp V3 motors (just the standard 2 cell motors) when the timing insert is set at the factory position.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Solara
Yes, we are waiting for ROAR approval and we will release the V24 interface with all the V21 software updated.....stay tuned.
Thanks Solara!
I'm happy to hear that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.