R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #1201
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Any one ??
Ask Novak, they make the Ballistic motor, not Speed Passion?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #1202
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Ask Novak, they make the Ballistic motor, not Speed Passion?
WOW thanks for that great help and advise... I tell you what I will buy a Novak esc as well as your so help full !!!!
__________________
XRAY T4 Hobbywing V3 Sanwa
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #1203
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,492
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

different brand motors require different gearing, if adam told you to gear the novak like we do the speedpassions and it melts.....your gest advice will be from novak, which is why adam suggested you talk to them
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #1204
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
WOW thanks for that great help and advise... I tell you what I will buy a Novak esc as well as your so help full !!!!
I'm sorry if you took me telling you to ask the motor manufacturer for their gearing recommendation and their motor as insulting. And if you decide to run a Novak ESC that's your decision.

I'm cannot make a gearing recommendation on a motor I have never run to a customer where as I can be blamed if said motor fails.

I can happily give you a gearing recommendation for a Speed Passion motor as I run them, and are familiar with them. If you decide to run that ratio on your Novak and it fails I would appreciate it if I, Schumacher, or Speed Passion was not held responsible.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #1205
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,023
Default

It would be good for support if an esc manufacturer/distributor tests out most popular motors. As we all know that by now, motor turns alone does not dictate gear ratios. You have a huge market in the US and the effort will be worth it. Its just a suggestion.
__________________
/Adrian.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #1206
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I agree dude, but that seems to be easier said than done
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #1207
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
I agree dude, but that seems to be easier said than done
any recommendations on a Speed Passion 17.5 on a high bite indoor asphalt track? straight is about 140-150ft. esc won't have any timing boost/type feature turned on.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #1208
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
any recommendations on a Speed Passion 17.5 on a high bite indoor asphalt track? straight is about 140-150ft. esc won't have any timing boost/type feature turned on.
This was Carpet but I ran 3.25 on my MI3.5 at Snowbirds last year. I haven't run 17.5 since but I would say between 4.2 and 3.2
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #1209
Tech Elite
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,035
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
This was Carpet but I ran 3.25 on my MI3.5 at Snowbirds last year. I haven't run 17.5 since but I would say between 4.2 and 3.2
Have a question. Getting a newer V3 17.5. I have the older SP 17.5 v1. Everything being the same is there going be any change in gearing to the newer V3 17.5?
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #1210
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
Have a question. Getting a newer V3 17.5. I have the older SP 17.5 v1. Everything being the same is there going be any change in gearing to the newer V3 17.5?
speaking of which.... are the V3 17.5s in the states yet?

abailey.. thanks.. i just needed the range.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #1211
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
I'm sorry if you took me telling you to ask the motor manufacturer for their gearing recommendation and their motor as insulting. And if you decide to run a Novak ESC that's your decision.

I'm cannot make a gearing recommendation on a motor I have never run to a customer where as I can be blamed if said motor fails.

I can happily give you a gearing recommendation for a Speed Passion motor as I run them, and are familiar with them. If you decide to run that ratio on your Novak and it fails I would appreciate it if I, Schumacher, or Speed Passion was not held responsible.

I understand that, but there is a way of saying it with out being sarcastic !!! If you cant help just say so
__________________
XRAY T4 Hobbywing V3 Sanwa
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #1212
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
Have a question. Getting a newer V3 17.5. I have the older SP 17.5 v1. Everything being the same is there going be any change in gearing to the newer V3 17.5?
There's more timing in the V3 motors, gear down a few teeth to start and check your temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
speaking of which.... are the V3 17.5s in the states yet?

abailey.. thanks.. i just needed the range.
Got here yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
I understand that, but there is a way of saying it with out being sarcastic !!! If you cant help just say so
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic in my original answer dude, I simply said you need to ask Novak for gearing on their motors. No harm no foul I guess, my bad if you took it wrong dude
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #1213
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,492
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
any recommendations on a Speed Passion 17.5 on a high bite indoor asphalt track? straight is about 140-150ft. esc won't have any timing boost/type feature turned on.
hey chris, I run the SP 17.5 v3.0 with a SP LPF 2.0 with timing all the way up, and DRRS all the way up and a 3.7 gear ratio, youtube, Fantasy world racing for the size of pavement track (outdoor) and youtube, hanger 30 for indoor carpet, I use the same gear for both tracks. gearing on motor at zero, hope that helps, and hope to race you again someday.

Ritchie from SIR
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #1214
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
hey chris, I run the SP 17.5 v3.0 with a SP LPF 2.0 with timing all the way up, and DRRS all the way up and a 3.7 gear ratio, youtube, Fantasy world racing for the size of pavement track (outdoor) and youtube, hanger 30 for indoor carpet, I use the same gear for both tracks. gearing on motor at zero, hope that helps, and hope to race you again someday.

Ritchie from SIR
Skypilot,which one from the Fantasy world videos (outdoor) on Youtube is the 17.5 class?

Thanks
__________________
Whatever
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #1215
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
hey chris, I run the SP 17.5 v3.0 with a SP LPF 2.0 with timing all the way up, and DRRS all the way up and a 3.7 gear ratio, youtube, Fantasy world racing for the size of pavement track (outdoor) and youtube, hanger 30 for indoor carpet, I use the same gear for both tracks. gearing on motor at zero, hope that helps, and hope to race you again someday.

Ritchie from SIR
sweet. you can always come down for the Ko Propo Grand Prix at West Coast RC Raceway on Dec. 12 and 13th. ill even cover your lunch both days
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0