Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seventhstring
Hi, i am having this issue with my Speed passion pro & speed passion motor 10.5r, just bought and received it couple of days, really frustrated with it. when i applied low throttle input, it bogs and the motor will stuck making weird noise, i wish someone had this issue before and has a fixed for it. or else i have no choice but to contact the seller(ebay) and request for replacement.

youtube.com/watch?v=gbAh8Am5m1g link for video i made.

please help
I had that exact same problem as you. In my case it turned out to be a defective sensor board. I had to buy a new sensor board because by the time I figured out what was wrong the warranty was over. But once I installed the new sensor board the problem was gone. So you might want to check that on yours if changing the sensor wire or another ESC does not fix your problem.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi, i am having this issue with my Speed passion pro & speed passion motor 10.5r, just bought and received it couple of days, really frustrated with it. when i applied low throttle input, it bogs and the motor will stuck making weird noise, i wish someone had this issue before and has a fixed for it. or else i have no choice but to contact the seller(ebay) and request for replacement.

please help
pm me your address. I'll send you a couple of sensor boards. you can also take the motor end bells off (leave the rotor in) remove a shim from the sensor side and place it on the pinion side. try a couple of shims if you want. make sure the rotor isn't hitting.

btw that "noise" is just a prolonged beep. the same beep you get when programing the esc, the beep actually comes from the motor, not the esc.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yogi-
Used two different motors. The 1st one went with a reedy21.5 This one was a tracstar 21.5
This one was the replacement from warranty on the 1st one so I Havnt lost out and I intend to send it back again. There was no feed back as to wat was wrong with the 1st one, they just sent a new one.
The reventon S I have has never missed a beat. I just liked the idea of an esc strictly for blinky
the Tracstar motor, is that a Turnigy motor?? just for my info..
Old 09-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot
the Tracstar motor, is that a Turnigy motor?? just for my info..
Yes. Turnigy trackstar 21.5,The red one. Very similar to the reedy but needs a little more gearing.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

please help
This might sound basic, but have you gone through the TX setup...nuetral, throttle, brake?

Originally Posted by peter.
does anyone have experience with the new reventon pro 1.1

thanks
Running one in a F1 car and 2wd modified buggy...works like a champ
Old 09-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey guys I am new to speed passion but want to get a esc and motor for my new Schumacher 2wd buggy. What are the top 2 Speed Passion Combos for 2wd buggy?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
hey guys I am new to speed passion but want to get a esc and motor for my new Schumacher 2wd buggy. What are the top 2 Speed Passion Combos for 2wd buggy?
Reventon PRO V1 or Pro V1.1 along with V3 Competition motor 6.5T to 7.5T.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Reventon PRO V1 or Pro V1.1 along with V3 Competition motor 6.5T to 7.5T.
Sorry I neglected to say 17.5 blinky
Old 09-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
Sorry I neglected to say 17.5 blinky
All the SP ESCs can do stock blinky. So, you could just get the Stock ESC and be good to go. However, I like having motor turn and program flexibility, so an S, R or Pro should still be considered. My Pro runs like a champ.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by metalnut
All the SP ESCs can do stock blinky. So, you could just get the Stock ESC and be good to go. However, I like having motor turn and program flexibility, so an S, R or Pro should still be considered. My Pro runs like a champ.
Yea I want versatility in case I go to other tracks so pro it is.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Doesnt really fit the desire for versatility, but i have to plug the stock club race esc in 17.5. I wasnt expecting too terribly much but comparing to the tekin rs it replaced , seems much more aggressive and concistant over 5 minutes. The sp v3 17.5 i paired it with also worked very well. Had i not had a compressed wheel bearing things would have been better still. Only car that was faster was a orva vx/d3.5 powered machine.
$65 for the pair on rcmart vs the $300 in that. Xray lol
Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jdawg81
I had that exact same problem as you. In my case it turned out to be a defective sensor board. I had to buy a new sensor board because by the time I figured out what was wrong the warranty was over. But once I installed the new sensor board the problem was gone. So you might want to check that on yours if changing the sensor wire or another ESC does not fix your problem.

Originally Posted by skypilot
pm me your address. I'll send you a couple of sensor boards. you can also take the motor end bells off (leave the rotor in) remove a shim from the sensor side and place it on the pinion side. try a couple of shims if you want. make sure the rotor isn't hitting.

btw that "noise" is just a prolonged beep. the same beep you get when programing the esc, the beep actually comes from the motor, not the esc.
Originally Posted by Nexus
This might sound basic, but have you gone through the TX setup...nuetral, throttle, brake?
hi guys sorry for the late reply, been busy exchanging information with speed passion USA support, thanks skypilot but i have tested several things, the motor was in good condition, tried it with a different esc, works like a charm,,so i ruled out sensor cable and motor, i believe the problem is esc itself, also updated new firmware as recommended by customer support and tried changing timing, throttle, nothing works. getting really tired testing here and there.

anyway, will keep you posted if anything. thanks
Old 09-25-2013, 03:23 AM
Tech Initiate

hi guys sorry for the late reply, been busy exchanging information with speed passion USA support, thanks skypilot but i have tested several things, the motor was in good condition, tried it with a different esc, works like a charm,,so i ruled out sensor cable and motor, i believe the problem is esc itself, also updated new firmware as recommended by customer support and tried changing timing, throttle, nothing works. getting really tired testing here and there.

anyway, will keep you posted if anything. thanks
Since you had checked everything. Check one of the pin inside the sensor cable slot in the ESC. I cannot remember which one but I think it is the second one from right. Anyway, as that pin is a "dummy" pin which was not soldered to anything. If it come loose inside the housing it may got push in when you connect the sensor cable. Which short out the esc. But donot worry. As the speedpassion aftersales service is really good. Just return it to them and they will fix it for you.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by roche.hk
Since you had checked everything. Check one of the pin inside the sensor cable slot in the ESC. I cannot remember which one but I think it is the second one from right. Anyway, as that pin is a "dummy" pin which was not soldered to anything. If it come loose inside the housing it may got push in when you connect the sensor cable. Which short out the esc. But donot worry. As the speedpassion aftersales service is really good. Just return it to them and they will fix it for you.
i can see it, the 2nd pin from the right is slightly push inward from the rest, thank you for pointing that out, contacted seller and speed passion to get replacement, just wondering if this issue effected to most speed passion users out there. Spent whole week trying to figure this,
Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

i can see it, the 2nd pin from the right is slightly push inward from the rest, thank you for pointing that out, contacted seller and speed passion to get replacement, just wondering if this issue effected to most speed passion users out there. Spent whole week trying to figure this,
Glad you found the issue. We only have issue with one batch of the v1.0 pro. All the other v1.0 and v1.1 seems ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.