Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

opps sorry man thought this was the speed passion thread..

double post..sorry
Old 08-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi SpeedPassion Admin,

Is there any plan form SpeedPassion Team to update Reventon R drift profile firmware with boost or stock 1 profile with reverse. TQ.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
will the LCD program box and speedpassion program work with windows xp..?

I cant seem to get it to work....
Works fine on my two XP boxes. What specifically are you having difficuly with?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hello, maybe someone here can help me with the reventon pro. i just picked up 2 of these used from rctech for sale threads. i've tried to hook both of them up with the same results.
the motor is a speed passion 13.5 from the durango rtr car, airtronics rec, savox 1258 servo, and venom battery. the stock cirtix speedo works fine with all of these but both reventons make a cogging sound and barley turn the motor while making a horrible noise and the motor gets hot real quick.
what's wrong with these speedos or am i doing something wrong?
all wires have been double checked and are hooked up correctly. the sensor wire works great with the cirtix speedo.
any help would be great.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lil_man72
hello, maybe someone here can help me with the reventon pro. i just picked up 2 of these used from rctech for sale threads. i've tried to hook both of them up with the same results.
the motor is a speed passion 13.5 from the durango rtr car, airtronics rec, savox 1258 servo, and venom battery. the stock cirtix speedo works fine with all of these but both reventons make a cogging sound and barley turn the motor while making a horrible noise and the motor gets hot real quick.
all wires have been double checked and are hooked up correctly. the sensor wire works great with the cirtix speedo.
any help would be great.
Did you.try the ESCs with any other motors?

Did you calibrate your TX to the ESC?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Did you.try the ESCs with any other motors?

Did you calibrate your TX to the ESC?
no, but the motor works fine with the cirtix speedo.
yes, i think got it programmed right. usually when i've seen anything like this in the past it's been the sensor wire. i've tried 2 different ones and they don't work with the reventons but work fine with the cirtix.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

I had a bad crash with my Xray T4 equipped with a reventon pro and a 10.5MMM motor.

Now the car is acting strange. When I apply a bit of throttle from standstill I have very bad stutters almost like the spur is broken (but it's not) and I'm pretty sure it's from the ESC because when i changed ESC it works fine.

Any idea what could be the issue? I really like speed passion! I changed firmwire btw from stock0 to mod0 and also sensor cable but still the same.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

hello

question of what is a better esc the speed passion reventon pro 1.1 or the much more fléta
Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter.
hello

question of what is a better esc the speed passion reventon pro 1.1 or the much more fléta
Both are as they Are the same esc
Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all,

Just picked up a Reventon Pro 1.1 and am unable to calibrate to my radio. Holding the set button turns it on, but it will not go into set mode. Any ideas or did I get a dud?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rainmakerr
Hey guys,

I had a bad crash with my Xray T4 equipped with a reventon pro and a 10.5MMM motor.

Now the car is acting strange. When I apply a bit of throttle from standstill I have very bad stutters almost like the spur is broken (but it's not) and I'm pretty sure it's from the ESC because when i changed ESC it works fine.

Any idea what could be the issue? I really like speed passion! I changed firmwire btw from stock0 to mod0 and also sensor cable but still the same.
It sounds like a damaged sensor board on the motor, but you said it worked with a different ESC. I'd change it anyway and test again.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rainmakerr
Hey guys,

When you changed the ESC, did you also change the sensor cable? I ask since this sounds exactly like a bad sensor cable, causing you to run sensorless. That would be the cheapest fix to try.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lil_man72
any help would be great.
If you have one of the earlier reventon pro. Check the pins inside the sensor cable plug in the esc. Mine one of them got pushed in causing the same issue.....
Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dave
Hey all,

Just picked up a Reventon Pro 1.1 and am unable to calibrate to my radio. Holding the set button turns it on, but it will not go into set mode. Any ideas or did I get a dud?

Thanks,

Dave
Try to reverse the throttle ch in your transmitter.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Tech Addict

I'm using a Futaba radio and have the throttle set to reverse as indicated in the instructions. I did try it with the throttle set to normal but that doesn't work either.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.