R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #1156
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysD8 View Post
thanks! I went ahead and ordered the hobbywing LCD programmer: when I get it I just go to speed passions site and download the 312 software from the website? Or do I need to change the firmware or anything on the programmer? Oh, while I'm at it where's the software at on speed passions site? Why not put the 312 software on the newer speed controllers already?
http://www.speedpassion.net/apparel.php?lang=

There is the link to down load everything you need. this is the one you need
Speed Passion USB PC Interface - Version 1.31 the programer will come with a CD disk. don't use it!. plug in the LCD programer to your computer. open up the SP program and click device, Select LCD programer go down to choice version and it should say V1.02 then click update that will change the hardware on the programer. If you did it right the Programer should say Speed Passion when you plug it in to your computer
Old 11-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #1157
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard75 View Post
Hello to all and thank you for all the info.

So read through all the SP thread and uploaded the 312a software from SP site, DRRS to 9, Timing to 26.25. Motor timing left to 0 for now.

My question is, what gearing should I run? Fantom Racing and EPIC Racing suggests FDR to be 3.0 for open tracks and 3.5 for tight tracks.
Previous posts on this thread have said to run 4.5 -5.0 FDR. on a 17.5 DUO2.

I am a little confused on who is correct.

FYI: Novak recommends 3.5 starting point for their 17.5 motors as well.

My car is a TRF415MSXX MRE07 running 6 cell NIMH (spec club rules here), Fantom 17.5 ION2, Speed Passion GT2.0 (312a software) HPI X-Pattern D (spec rules) in RCGT class.

Thanks,
Dan
DO NOT even think about the 3.0 or anything start with 3....try 4.5 and go up or down a little by motor temp and your feeling.

The Novak DATA is based upon their own SPEEDO....GTB speedo does not have timing adjust, no boost, no nothing...thats why it need to gear to the MARS to get the power...you are using GT2 with 312a software, that does not appy to any of those motor recommanded gearing...

FYI...I ran 4.8 on a Hurricane Boost (Duo 2 17.5 motor) with 10* motor timing on a old SP V1.1 speedo (with no special software update). And now I have blue star GT2 with 312a software...with my standard gear down 6T from GT1 to GT2 speedo...I think I will be about 5.2 final drive.

From now on....remember what speedo and software that you are using and ask for the speedo, software ppl about final drive, DO NOT use the recommanded MOTOR final drive anymore...the past year speedo technology is totally changed the motor final drive.

I remembered back when using Novak 13.5 and GTB...gearing was 4.5...now, it is 6.9 ~ 7.2 with the same motor but different speedo/software...kinda like back to the brushed 27T CO27 time...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #1158
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks! I went ahead and ordered the hobbywing LCD programmer: when I get it I just go to speed passions site and download the 312 software from the website? Or do I need to change the firmware or anything on the programmer?
The Hobbywing and lcd programmers have the same firmware.
Just download the speedpassion software and you will have the different esc firmware on the last tab.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 AM   #1159
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks! I went ahead and ordered the hobbywing LCD programmer: when I get it I just go to speed passions site and download the 312 software from the website? Or do I need to change the firmware or anything on the programmer? Oh, while I'm at it where's the software at on speed passions site? Why not put the 312 software on the newer speed controllers already?
Heard you the first time!

Just download and install the software from Speedpassion, read the Hobbywing manual, all should be very straightforward.

The newest controllers have 323 on them AFAIK (my Much-More version did). I would imagine that they don't use 312 as standard because running an aggressive stock profile with a mod motor will cause more damage than running a milder mod profile with a stock motor.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #1160
Tech Regular

i am finding it difficult to find space to mount the stock capacitor that comes with the gt2 speedo.. is there any other option other than the super capacitor.. that can be used with gt2?
dsyed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #1161
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyed1 View Post
i am finding it difficult to find space to mount the stock capacitor that comes with the gt2 speedo.. is there any other option other than the super capacitor.. that can be used with gt2?
WHat car are you trying to mount it on?
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #1162
Tech Adept

I am running the GT2 ver 312 attached to a SP 17.5 V3 motor geared at about 3.9 as the track is small and tight. But I find the ESC has minimal to non existant brakes when required.

Is this normal? Is there a way to get more braking?
miku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #1163
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by miku View Post
I am running the GT2 ver 312 attached to a SP 17.5 V3 motor geared at about 3.9 as the track is small and tight. But I find the ESC has minimal to non existant brakes when required.

Is this normal? Is there a way to get more braking?
Are you sure the problem isn't too much brakes, locking the wheels and making it feel like there is no brakes?

As long as the ESC is setup to your radio correctly, there should be plenty of brakes.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #1164
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Are you sure the problem isn't too much brakes, locking the wheels and making it feel like there is no brakes?

As long as the ESC is setup to your radio correctly, there should be plenty of brakes.
With the car in the air and at full throtle if I brake it can take about 1.5seconds for the wheels to stop....

Brake force is set at 100% in the programming with no drag brake.. I upgraded the software calibrated to the radio and programed the ESC.

With an old GTB it was almost imediate once the brake was applied.

Regards

Michael
miku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #1165
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
WHat car are you trying to mount it on?
on an xray t2
dsyed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #1166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

So someone asked before but not really a reply to it. Is there going to be in the new future a GT3? Or maybe a SP esc with a "Turbo" like some the other ESC's out? Was looking at upgrading my SP GT 1.1 to a newer GT2 but I wont need it till next spring. Guess I should wait and see?
vr6cj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #1167
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

I would wait on the upgrade if you don't need it right away. No one knows if they will get a firmware upgrade to give the GT2.0 a boost capability or if they will come out with a totally new esc. I am waiting myself to see what happens.
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #1168
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is development software out their being tested, I know that for sure, and they are specifically looking at Stock classes (at least three versions that I know of... and no, I don't have them )... if/when it gets released however I have no idea!
Old 11-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #1169
Tech Rookie

noob question... please answer
how if i use Speed Passion D-Manager/Drift Master Brushless ESC/Motor Combo for 11.5 stock motor competition 3?? what is the risk?? may the motor blow up the esc?? thx

regards,

deadball
deadball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:58 AM   #1170
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyed1 View Post
on an xray t2
Looking at Pix from the T2, you could possibly mount it on the upper deck. WHen i ran my IFS, i actually mounted it with zip ties on the left rear chassis brace. It isn't the best thing to look at but it was functional. Good luck.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote