Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just got my Reventon Pro in the mail, to replace my dead GT2.1 ProStock. I'm wondering how to translate my old setup into the new hybrid boost technology.

Current setup:

Boosted 17.5
Motor D3.5 17.5
FDR 5.35

boost 40
turbo 16
turbo open 18
punch 8
start 4000
del .1
timing acc 400rpm

I'm currently using a SP v3 17.5, which has liked a taller gear ratio (5.75) and more boost then the D3.5 needed.

Track is a large outdoor asphalt, medium grip. Big straight.

The other thing thats worrying me is the SP site mentions that the Reventon Pro's current software is designed for up to 10.5 motors, and that software for higher windings is coming soon. Does that mean I wont be able to get the most out of my Reventon Pro with 17.5?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wollow86
Just got my Reventon Pro in the mail, to replace my dead GT2.1 ProStock. I'm wondering how to translate my old setup into the new hybrid boost technology.

Current setup:

Boosted 17.5
Motor D3.5 17.5
FDR 5.35

boost 40
turbo 16
turbo open 18
punch 8
start 4000
del .1
timing acc 400rpm

I'm currently using a SP v3 17.5, which has liked a taller gear ratio (5.75) and more boost then the D3.5 needed.

The other thing thats worrying me is the SP site mentions that the Reventon Pro's current software is designed for up to 10.5 motors, and that software for higher windings is coming soon. Does that mean I wont be able to get the most out of my Reventon Pro with 17.5?
Reventon R Stock 1 V19 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 7.5R to 21.5R Motorturn )
Reventon Pro Stock 1 V20 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 4.5R to 21.5R Motorturn )
Old 05-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timbo99
The Speedpassion software IS NOT RIGHT.
I was hoping my " muchmore" related post would prompt a response from Solara or a SP Tech.
This is a joke.
That's why I've uploaded the MM software to my SP LCD box and wow.

Chalk and cheese.....
I then bought a Fleta 4 esc.

And that's why I shared what I did because it worked,I have spent excess of $$$$$ with Speedpassion,I trusted and waited,waited,waited,now there is nobody who helps you guys with your issues.

Pretty lame.
I still believe this software is in a somewhat of a beta stage.
The GT2 & 2.1 are fine.
I may be selling a reventon pro to a friend,but I will recommend running the MM software.
The product is awesome,just get the software/ firmware right!

Regards guys,
Tim
Geezze, who sounds like a sourpuss now?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

The Speedpassion software IS NOT RIGHT.
I was hoping my " muchmore" related post would prompt a response from Solara or a SP Tech.
This is a joke.
That's why I've uploaded the MM software to my SP LCD box and wow.

Chalk and cheese.....
I then bought a Fleta 4 esc.

And that's why I shared what I did because it worked,I have spent excess of $$$$$ with Speedpassion,I trusted and waited,waited,waited,now there is nobody who helps you guys with your issues.

Pretty lame.
I still believe this software is in a somewhat of a beta stage.
The GT2 & 2.1 are fine.
I may be selling a reventon pro to a friend,but I will recommend running the MM software.
The product is awesome,just get the software/ firmware right!

Regards guys,
Tim

Best way to get a response is to ask direct not make silly poke comments
Lol it's the same software different badge they are both the same and any advantage you think u might have might be in ur head ur maybe a bad download

I have no problem with the software and also have the muchmore software on my pc and tried back to back no difference I wouldn't void my warranty just on the off chance , if anyone is reading stick with the speedpassion software at lease for the 90 days so if it blows up fails u can get it repaired trouble free , its bad pratice to tell ppl to do this who are in warranty after 90 days go for it chuck the muchmore in as it won't matter then
Old 05-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
Best way to get a response is to ask direct not make silly poke comments
Lol it's the same software different badge they are both the same and any advantage you think u might have might be in ur head ur maybe a bad download

I have no problem with the software and also have the muchmore software on my pc and tried back to back no difference I wouldn't void my warranty just on the off chance , if anyone is reading stick with the speedpassion software at lease for the 90 days so if it blows up fails u can get it repaired trouble free , its bad pratice to tell ppl to do this who are in warranty after 90 days go for it chuck the muchmore in as it won't matter then
I am with Timbo99 on this one, products should not be released before they are ready, my reventon r has a lipo cutoff that does not work I found out when it puffed one of my lipos the cut off works on any other profile, I contacted speed passion and they said there was a software issue and to wait until reventon r stock 1 v20 becomes available to remedy this, did they offer to replace the lipo that their software damaged? no, has reventon r stock 1 v20 been released yet? no, not good enough if we are up to v19 and still can not get the basic functions to work.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Current setup:

Boosted 17.5
Motor D3.5 17.5
FDR 5.35

boost 40
turbo 16
turbo open 18
punch 8
start 4000
del .1
timing acc 400rpm

The manual and info online is out of date. STO1 is fine for 17.5 from V19 onwards as already mentioned.

www.speedpassion.net is the place to check out Team setups, bottom left of the page.

I started from the recommended settings on the software on the PC and found these very safe settings to start from and tune up, temping along the way.

I race 13.5 and found that I ended up at 90% HB, 8 DRRS, 150K HBMax, 18 slope and delay of 0.2. The motor never gets hotter than about 63c and it has great acceleration and top speed.

Looking at all the setups it seems you can get pretty close to max settings for boost for both 17.5 and 13.5. Just watch DRRS for high temps and test all your changes yourself making sure you check temps.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi guy

Hi guys

I need some help too fully understand Hi Boost Max setting.... when i set it on the lower settings my car is slower and when it on the high setting its faster... I was wondering if hi boost is for the timing reach it max timing ramp..... plz help me understands what hi boost............. thanks
Old 05-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by shamar
Hi guys

I need some help too fully understand Hi Boost Max setting.... when i set it on the lower settings my car is slower and when it on the high setting its faster... I was wondering if hi boost is for the timing reach it max timing ramp..... plz help me understands what hi boost............. thanks
Hey,
Bit more info please....what esc model have you got?
I'll TRY to help.......
Regards
Tim
Old 05-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey,
Bit more info please....what esc model have you got?
I'll TRY to help.......
Regards
Tim
im using the reventon pro with stock 1 v20 ............. the esc works great but im just wondering ho the hi boost setting really works
Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Picked up a Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race ESC. Trying to program it with the old fashion trigger way is a pain in the butt. Which programming box will work with the ESC.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr240
Picked up a Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race ESC. Trying to program it with the old fashion trigger way is a pain in the butt. Which programming box will work with the ESC.
I got the LCD led program Card. Seems to work well. I tryed to do it with the button and it was a pain in the arse. It comes with little stickers for the run modes. Stock 0 is the one I think.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WMGary
Reventon R Stock 1 V19 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 7.5R to 21.5R Motorturn )
Reventon Pro Stock 1 V20 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 4.5R to 21.5R Motorturn )
Originally Posted by dvaid852456
The manual and info online is out of date. STO1 is fine for 17.5 from V19 onwards as already mentioned.

www.speedpassion.net is the place to check out Team setups, bottom left of the page.

I started from the recommended settings on the software on the PC and found these very safe settings to start from and tune up, temping along the way.

I race 13.5 and found that I ended up at 90% HB, 8 DRRS, 150K HBMax, 18 slope and delay of 0.2. The motor never gets hotter than about 63c and it has great acceleration and top speed.

Looking at all the setups it seems you can get pretty close to max settings for boost for both 17.5 and 13.5. Just watch DRRS for high temps and test all your changes yourself making sure you check temps.

Hope this helps.
Thanks guys. That does make more sense. Once I got the software installed (I didnt read the instructions, lol) I found the v20 software, and now have the car on Stock 1 with the default 17.5 program and some minor tweaks. I have my start RPM to 4000 and DRRS to 7. Not maxxing out DRRS as I figured out on the GT2.1 does wonders for motor temps

So slope is in deg/sec so a value of 18/0.1 means 18* of timing per 0.1 of a sec, and the default of 6/0.1 would then mean its adding boost or turbo slower?

Turbo delay is easy, thats pretty obvious. And DRRS is just punch.

What really confuses me is the HB and HBmax numbers... They don't seem to mean anything? I get that they are boost and turbo, but how do I know what the actual measurement is? Or is that the point, to remove the name of the measurement and just put stuff in and see what works?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

What really confuses me is the HB and HBmax numbers... They don't seem to mean anything? I get that they are boost and turbo, but how do I know what the actual measurement is? Or is that the point, to remove the name of the measurement and just put stuff in and see what works?
That's the way I look at it. With the GT 2.1 I was forever adding a few degrees and taking it off.

The Reventon seems so much simpler. I think I read somewhere that the different profiles have different values for timing but I just look at it as a percentage now.

HB Active is Boost timing that is applied at all times and varies according to RPM.

HB MAX is the Turbo timing added after full throttle.

Since changing to the Reventon I pretty much leave the settings at 90% and 150K. It seems so fast I've started to concentrate on car setup. I'm sure once that is sorted I might try eeking up the HB to 100% and shorten the turbo delay but I quite like the fact I no longer have to pour over timing figures and calculate end RPM's and such.

So slope is in deg/sec so a value of 18/0.1 means 18* of timing per 0.1 of a sec, and the default of 6/0.1 would then mean its adding boost or turbo slower?
The higher the value for slope the faster the timing value will kick in for Turbo.
I agree this seems a bit stupid to still quote it in specific degrees per millisecond since we no longer know the turbo timing but if you just think of it as the higher the number the faster the turbo kicks in and the lower the number the more gradual it kicks in.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Anybody have a FDR starting point for 21.5 MMM on tight carpet track for TC rubber tire blinky?
4 final, yellow board middle to high position (depends on turns and straight lenght).....using Superior $30 power fan (for all my TC, this fan is a standard MUST HAVE feature now...)
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
4 final, yellow board middle to high position (depends on turns and straight lenght).....using Superior $30 power fan (for all my TC, this fan is a standard MUST HAVE feature now...)
Link to the fan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.