R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #11566
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Smile Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by 181racer View Post
I am having an issue with a 5.5r v3 boosted with a reventon pro in a touring car.

The gear rate is 6.15:1 and it is slow and only gets to around 38 deg c, turbo comes on with a .5s delay but the car is no faster than a boosted 10.5 with my reventon r and same gear rate. If you turn turbo off on both the 5.5 is alot faster but boost both and they are the same speed but the 5.5r does not get as hot?

I can not understand this settings of 10.5t with reventon r hb 50% max boost 135 delay .5s

Reventon pro with 5.5r hb 50% max boost 120 and delay .5s

Any ideas why it is not faster or getting hot with this gear ratio?

Thanks
Hey,
Have you got the latest software installed?
What firmware do you have on your program card?
I think this will be the issue.
Please check and re-post,and follow default settings to start with.
Go to the Speedpassion site and make sure you have the latest versions installed,otherwise this does happen.
Tim
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #11567
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Default Delay

.5??????
How big is your track?...should be.1-.2
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #11568
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Default This may help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
After you plug in your new USB device (Speed Passion program card), you may see the following:

After you click no and proceed, you will see:

Click install from specified location and proceed


Here, you will find the location of your SP USB driver. If you have not already attempted to install it, you may see it on your desktop. If you have attempted to install it already, you can find it in Program Files


After you have found the location of the SP USB installer, you will see the following:

Click "Continue Anyway"


Now click "Finished"


To verify the installation, go to your Device Manager and expand the ports column. When properly installed, you will see the following:


After this, fire up your Reventon ESC program, plug your ESC 3 port lead into the 3 port slot on the programming card and insert the USB into the computer:


Once this is all done, you will see something similar to this:

From here, you are on your own.
Let me know how you go.
Tim
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #11569
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Smile More info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiago890 View Post
Hey guys, in the market for SP esc, going to be running in RCGT open class, would the Reventon R be good enough or would i have to get the pro for full benifits of boost and timing?
Hey,
1.what turn motor is the class
2.how big is the track,and is it technical,flowing,or looong straights?
3.what car is it going into
4.whats your driver level? (1-10)....1 being hitting boards,and 10 a driving god.
With this info I can give you some advice.
Also what/where else will you be driving or practicing?
Cheers
Tim
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #11570
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Talking Must be the flux capacitor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart View Post
Here's a strange one for you all.

Reventon ESC works perfectly battery after battery. If the SCT rolls onto its roof (like SCT's do) the ESC will run for about 30sec then shut down. Once powered back up the esc loses all end points and has to reset and set all end points again. ESC is 6 months old and only ever been used in blinky 17.5 buggy then moved to a 10.5 blinky SCT. Even a few people at the track are left scratching their heads in bewilderment .
Mmmmkay,
What I would do is turn the car on,have someone operate the throttle and steering,then whilst holding the car turn it upside down and check wires,battery,everything.
Sounds like a receiver short....
If nothing happens,borrow someone's Rx and go flip it.(not hard,but see if the problem persists).
The short may be a loose circuit board I'm figuring.
Cheers
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #11571
Tech Master
 
Rusty Old Fart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newcastle AUS
Posts: 1,749
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo99 View Post


Mmmmkay,
What I would do is turn the car on,have someone operate the throttle and steering,then whilst holding the car turn it upside down and check wires,battery,everything.
Sounds like a receiver short....
If nothing happens,borrow someone's Rx and go flip it.(not hard,but see if the problem persists).
The short may be a loose circuit board I'm figuring.
Cheers

Ok I can only duplicate this when its warm.

1 Resoldered everything ...no change
2 Changed from a 4PK to a 4PL....no change
only thing is I havent upgraded any firmware but I can't see that would solve this.

One thing i suppose i could not crash and roll
__________________
******************** **********************
Rusty Old Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #11572
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,590
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart View Post
Here's a strange one for you all.

Reventon ESC works perfectly battery after battery. If the SCT rolls onto its roof (like SCT's do) the ESC will run for about 30sec then shut down. Once powered back up the esc loses all end points and has to reset and set all end points again. ESC is 6 months old and only ever been used in blinky 17.5 buggy then moved to a 10.5 blinky SCT. Even a few people at the track are left scratching their heads in bewilderment .
You may have debris inside the ESC or the receiver causing a short when upside down. Open the cases and clean with alcohol or electronics cleaner.
Inspect the power switch inside the ESC for anything unusual.
Lastly, replace it with another and hopefully the problem will be solved.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #11573
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,590
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 181racer View Post
I am having an issue with a 5.5r v3 boosted with a reventon pro in a touring car.

The gear rate is 6.15:1 and it is slow and only gets to around 38 deg c, turbo comes on with a .5s delay but the car is no faster than a boosted 10.5 with my reventon r and same gear rate. If you turn turbo off on both the 5.5 is alot faster but boost both and they are the same speed but the 5.5r does not get as hot?

I can not understand this settings of 10.5t with reventon r hb 50% max boost 135 delay .5s

Reventon pro with 5.5r hb 50% max boost 120 and delay .5s

Any ideas why it is not faster or getting hot with this gear ratio?

Thanks
Ok, for starters, you should not be gearing a 10.5 and a 5.5 the same. We need to know what brand and model of 5.5 you are using. (very important) Normally you should not boost a 6.5 or lower motor without experience in doing this. It sound like you are way over timing the motor along with too much gearing to boot. Typically a 5.5 turn motor should be geared in the 8.0 - 9.0 FDR range without boost. If you want to boost, you should be over 9.0 FDR and only apply a little boost. (depending on how much static timing your motor already has) This is why knowing what motor you are using is so important. Some have up to 30* already built in.
I'm surprised your motor hasn't burned up yet. Update to the latest firmware then find a mod setup from Speed passion and only apply half of the boost suggested in the setup to start. work your way up till the speed is good and the temps are manageable.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #11574
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo99 View Post
Hey,
Have you got the latest software installed?
What firmware do you have on your program card?
I think this will be the issue.
Please check and re-post,and follow default settings to start with.
Go to the Speedpassion site and make sure you have the latest versions installed,otherwise this does happen.
Tim
Yes card v2.7 and v20 software on reventon pro, only had them about 2 months.

My track is massive it is designed for 1/8 so it's about 1.5 x the size of a normal track.
181racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #11575
Tech Regular
 
tiago890's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Harrison, NJ
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo99 View Post
Hey,
1.what turn motor is the class
2.how big is the track,and is it technical,flowing,or looong straights?
3.what car is it going into
4.whats your driver level? (1-10)....1 being hitting boards,and 10 a driving god.
With this info I can give you some advice.
Also what/where else will you be driving or practicing?
Cheers
Tim
Hey:
RCGT is the class which is a open motor/Esc

1. Open Motor
2. Track is small 80' x 34', very technical, with a 70' straight
3. Its a Spec-R, R1
4. Driver level is at about a 4, still very much a amateur, was at a race this Saturday and was 1.5 seconds off of the top drivers which is a lot.

Currently on track i am going to is Crispy Critters NJ. but may start going to other places as experience progresses.

Currently had a Tekin RS Pro and Tekin Gen2 10.5T in the car but its way to much power for my driving skill, was thinking bout going with 13.5T

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
tiago890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #11576
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Ok, for starters, you should not be gearing a 10.5 and a 5.5 the same. We need to know what brand and model of 5.5 you are using. (very important) Normally you should not boost a 6.5 or lower motor without experience in doing this. It sound like you are way over timing the motor along with too much gearing to boot. Typically a 5.5 turn motor should be geared in the 8.0 - 9.0 FDR range without boost. If you want to boost, you should be over 9.0 FDR and only apply a little boost. (depending on how much static timing your motor already has) This is why knowing what motor you are using is so important. Some have up to 30* already built in.
I'm surprised your motor hasn't burned up yet. Update to the latest firmware then find a mod setup from Speed passion and only apply half of the boost suggested in the setup to start. work your way up till the speed is good and the temps are manageable.

It's a sakura zero and hardly getting warm. Others at the track run 7.7 to 1 ratio and are about 30-40 percent faster down the straight. I started at this ratio but it was slower than the 10.5 so I lowered the gear ratio to what the 10.5 was running and it runs cooler at that gear rate than the 10.5 does. Something is not right.

Ok so I have just regeared it to 7.7:1 which is what the club recommends for our large scale high speed flowing track.
Turned off the lipo cut off and the temp cut out then advanced the bellend timing to max (10 deg as it is a speed passion v3) and it appears as fast as with the lower gearing previous. Wont be able to tell until I get a new front drive belt and test it on the road.

I see the new mmm motors come preset in about the 15 deg position (as they have a different sensor board factory 11-20 deg) maybe I should put a 11-20 deg sensor board in? how much timing does everybody else run? Theres no adjustment on the esc, maybe because it is boosted?

Last edited by 181racer; 05-13-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Updated with more info
181racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #11577
Tech Elite
 
vazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Is there anyway to get the Bluetooth module to work with iPhone? I wasn't told by the seller that it is android only!
__________________
Gone riding, cya.........
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #11578
Tech Regular
 
Timbo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Default Won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Is there anyway to get the Bluetooth module to work with iPhone? I wasn't told by the seller that it is android only!
Hey,
Bluetooth for android
Wi-Fi for iOS
You can download an app for the iPhone but it won't work.
Only works with my android.
Sorry man.
__________________
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #11579
Tech Master
 
Rusty Old Fart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newcastle AUS
Posts: 1,749
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
You may have debris inside the ESC or the receiver causing a short when upside down. Open the cases and clean with alcohol or electronics cleaner.
Inspect the power switch inside the ESC for anything unusual.
Lastly, replace it with another and hopefully the problem will be solved.
Will do thanks

RX was replaced
__________________
******************** **********************

Last edited by Rusty Old Fart; 05-14-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Rusty Old Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #11580
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 117
Default

Ive got a reventon club stock that ive been trying to set more brakes on. Now it wont drive. Im setting it via the reset button as per intructions, ive had a few goes at it and reset the throddle at least 4 times,Ive got power runing to the servo and fans etc. Any help would be great.
Yogi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0