Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Thats correct the lipo cutoff doesnt cut off completely like the older versions but now makes the car slows down a lot but still mobile.
If you hitting the cutoff drifting after 20 mins then id suggest you look at the settings and the setup on the car for any hassles.
I can drift for 50 - 60 mins with a Thunderpower 40c 5000mah and a 11.5 brushless motor with a 13mm rotor.
I run with the cutoff at 3.2v.
You also notice a drop off in performance when the battery is in the 3.4 - 3.6v region.
ok thanks i will increase the value
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
correction Speedpassion version 1.0 is the one that is not update/upgradable,
but Speedpassion version 1.1 is update/upgradable.

Speedpassion GT2.0 Got Lot's more Power abilities Inside compare to GT1.xx.

The Huge Problem is Speedpassion version 1.xx can use Brushed Motor
but Speedpassion 2.0 cannot use Brushed Motor.
I know exactly what CAIN was asking, and I simply answering his question with the most realistic answer.

V1.1 cannot be update, upgrade to V2.0 version, period. V1.1 cannot be update, upgrade to any other version by the user's programmer card or the handheld digital programmer card...period. I think that is what Cain is asking and expecting to hear.

V.1.1 can be upgrade to its latest software for the V1.1 speedo ONLY by sending the speedo back to Schumacher and they have to do the update, but whatever version that is...is still no where near V2.0, not to mention any of those software for V2.0. I don't think you should mislead CAIN by telling him V1.1 is updatable/upgradable...if that is the case, version 1.0 is updatable and upgradable as well, cause I am sure there were mulitple software were developed thru 2006 and it can be update/upgrade...we just don't know about that.

V2.0 does NOT have any problem by not allowing brushed motor. Thats why it is called a brushless speed control. I still run some silver can racing and I would NOT want to use my speed passion speedo....I have plenty of $50 Novak GTX, Tekin FX, LRP OC2 speedo to use, not to mention, they are BETTER, LIGHTER and SMALLER...why would I want to use my BRUSHLESS SPEEDO CONTROL for brushed motor..?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
Just need to see what is going on here with the new silver arrow 2.0 esc's for 1/8.
Me too....my Serpent 960 is BRUSHLESS hungry now...
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hopefully the still include the LCD programmer card like they did with SA V1. I am kind of counting on it.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Adam, any word on the three speedos I sent you awhile back?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zooberg
Yes.. have any bigger
I can't find anything bigger... I'm Sorry

Ryan.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

How do you know what version "software" is on your esc? New to the whole updating a speed controller and if mine has the most up to date version then I'll just wait on buying the LCD programmer. I picked up one of the "chrome" edition 2.0s last week so I'm guessing it should have the most current version. If someone wouldn't mind that's running 17.5 with a 2.0 would you post your settings? I've only ran my 2.0 once and it seemed to lack any punch off the line. At this point I know I'm still working with my gearing as the motors not even getting warm to the touch hardly. But would like some good baseline settings for the esc though.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know where I could get one of the LCD programmers at? Everywhere I've looked seems to be on order
Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndysD8
Does anyone know where I could get one of the LCD programmers at? Everywhere I've looked seems to be on order
If SP lcd programmers are not available the Hobbywing lcd programmer will work.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GT Pro 2.0 problem

Hi Guys, i need some help on this one. Just wonder if anyone has encountered the same problem as me.

I'm running a Novak 10.5T with my GT Pro 2.0. The moment i throttle, the red and green light blinks *-*-*-* non stop. If i pull out the sensor wires, no blinks but the clogging is noticable.

I have switch the motor to a hobbywing 5.5T and it runs like a gem. Just that i can't control the power at all.

What does the red and green blinking means? sensor problem?
On the hobbywing website, they mention esc over heat will have green blinking *-*-*-* and motor over heat as **-**-** but they didn't mentioned anytthing about the red and green blinking together.

The problem is not really bothering me now, just that I'm curious to find out what the lights mean...
Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

How do you know what version "software" is on your esc? New to the whole updating a speed controller and if mine has the most up to date version then I'll just wait on buying the LCD programmer. I picked up one of the "chrome" edition 2.0s last week so I'm guessing it should have the most current version. If someone wouldn't mind that's running 17.5 with a 2.0 would you post your settings? I've only ran my 2.0 once and it seemed to lack any punch off the line. At this point I know I'm still working with my gearing as the motors not even getting warm to the touch hardly. But would like some good baseline settings for the esc though.
what are you settings now? on my 17.5 and 21.5 I was told to run up the DRRS or whatever its called all the way and the timing as well using the included cheapo hand held programmer.

Originally Posted by kooteowman
Hi Guys, i need some help on this one. Just wonder if anyone has encountered the same problem as me.

I'm running a Novak 10.5T with my GT Pro 2.0. The moment i throttle, the red and green light blinks *-*-*-* non stop. If i pull out the sensor wires, no blinks but the clogging is noticable.

I have switch the motor to a hobbywing 5.5T and it runs like a gem. Just that i can't control the power at all.

What does the red and green blinking means? sensor problem?
On the hobbywing website, they mention esc over heat will have green blinking *-*-*-* and motor over heat as **-**-** but they didn't mentioned anytthing about the red and green blinking together.

The problem is not really bothering me now, just that I'm curious to find out what the lights mean...
Have you tried a different sensor wire that you know is working correctly?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hello folks, I have just got a speed passion v3 17.5t for my b44. I am running a tekin rs speedie. Can anyone tell me what gearing I should be running and also timing on the motor? I know some guys also shimmed the rotor on the v2 to bring it closer to the stator. It gave them more power, is this also a good idea on the v3 ?

Thanks

Luke
Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

what are you settings now? on my 17.5 and 21.5 I was told to run up the DRRS or whatever its called all the way and the timing as well using the included cheapo hand held programmer.

For drrs I have it set at 8 and for timing it's at 26.5which without it here in front of me, I believe is the highest it goes on timing.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Get a hold of the LCD programmer....whatever software inside your speedo, is the very basic setting. Once you have the programmer, you download the SP software from SP site...go into the program, on the last window, you should see there are like 10 different type of "Program" within...those are the programs for different type of motor, speedo, on road or off road use....those program are the one that make the different.

For your 17.5 motor, if running on road, you want the program with the number "312a" at the end....that program does increase a lot of punch and top end speed, a night and day different compare to what you are running now...if you are running 13.5 or faster motor (like mod) then you can try the "323" software...I am using the 323 software for my 3 years old black can SP 13.5 and still can hang with the Tekin RS with turbo....but only because right now we are running indoor carpet and Turbo is almost like hardly any advantage.

You must get the LCD programmer then try the software 312a...also, DRRS (more aggressive drive or less), I set that to 9 (for smaller tighter carpet indoor, most aggressive) and 8 (for larger more flow indoor carpet) and timing is always the max 26.25.......but then I use DUO 2 Hurricane BOOST motor setting my motor timing to 10* with 4.85~5 final drive for RCGT. For stock touring may be 1 tooth taller (the most).
Old 11-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nah, couldn't. The wires are fixed to the motor permanently..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.