The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJTiger
Im new to burshless and thinking of getting a SP combo. I race on carpet in a local club and were limited to 13.5 and no boost/turbo etc. I was planning to get a Reventon stock club race combo but as far as i can work out it doesnt have reverse. So im thinking of getting the Reventon S instead, just wondering if i can set it up using the stock 0 blinky mode with reverse?
No....STOCK0 software will not be able to do reverse. You can have reverse on MOD0 software, however, it is not a blinky software and it won't be legal to use at local race when running blinky (ROAR approved version) is required.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply.
Luckuly the club doesnt require blinky they just dont allow boost. So ill probably use MOD0 and turn boost off which i presume is possible.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Set RevR 10.5t

This weekend was the first tests with the engine ReventonR 10.5, boosted.
Last year I used the Xtreme Xerum and Reventon is news to me.

Lucky for me I still have 2 chassis and I can compare with my old performance.
Using the setup box for 10.5, was a little slow on low speed, but it looks good high speed.
I changed some sets:
Increasing the DRRS from 7 to 8
Decreasing the Boost Start from 7000 to 5000
It seemed better, Some suggestion?
The Manteu temperature between 70 and 80 ° C (no Fan, yes sink) motor Novak Balistik 10.5
Complete Set:
FDR: 6,65
DRRS 8
Hybrid Boost Active: 70%
Hybrid Boost Maximum: 140k
Hybrid Boost Start RPM: 5000
Hybrid Delay: 0,2s

by tests and temperature, I believe that can improve, suggestions are welcome.

Tks.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just got my speedo from an online retailer (will not mention the name), thing is I ordered a reventon s and when I opened the box what's in it is a cirtix esc although I onlyplan on racing blinky is the cirtix better than the reventon s?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

So I've been told that using the Reventon Stock ESC with Novak motors that I have to remove one of the sensor wires. Any idea which one? I will be racing VTA on carpet with the Novak Ballistic 25.5.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muahdib4
So I've been told that using the Reventon Stock ESC with Novak motors that I have to remove one of the sensor wires. Any idea which one? I will be racing VTA on carpet with the Novak Ballistic 25.5.

one page back.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Are you using the Reventon S or SCR ?? Only the SCR is usvta legal.

2013 SNOWBIRDS coverage
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rojna
Are you using the Reventon S or SCR ?? Only the SCR is usvta legal.

2013 SNOWBIRDS coverage
By Stock I meant Stock Club Racer and yes I know it's legal or I wouldn't be using it.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi,

1. It is possible to use Hybrid Boost (STO1) on a 13.5T motor? It says in the website that it's for 7.5T - 10.5T. What if I select 10.5T motor settings but use a 13.5T motor? Will it damage my Reventon R?

2. Ive downloaded the Reventon App on my Xperia since Ill be getting a bluetooth module soon. Just now, it asked me to update the software app, so I let it. I launched the app and it just updated the software version to 1.0.9 I think. There is no ESC Firmware version and ESC Model. How can I download the firmware version using my Xperia? Does it need to be connected to the bluetooth module and ESC? And on the settings, there's no Hybrid Boost setting to adjust.

Thanks for you answers...
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Airflow
Hi,

1. It is possible to use Hybrid Boost (STO1) on a 13.5T motor? It says in the website that it's for 7.5T - 10.5T. What if I select 10.5T motor settings but use a 13.5T motor? Will it damage my Reventon R?

2. Ive downloaded the Reventon App on my Xperia since Ill be getting a bluetooth module soon. Just now, it asked me to update the software app, so I let it. I launched the app and it just updated the software version to 1.0.9 I think. There is no ESC Firmware version and ESC Model. How can I download the firmware version using my Xperia? Does it need to be connected to the bluetooth module and ESC? And on the settings, there's no Hybrid Boost setting to adjust.

Thanks for you answers...
Yes, you can use HB on 13.5T motor. About 10.5T motor settings, you can use it on 13.5T motor. Fine tune HB Active will have better output.

You need a Bluetooth Module and Reventon ESC for Android Reventon App usage. HB setting will display when the App detected ESC is using Stock1 firmware. About the firmware version, it will display the ESC firmware version when the App detected the ESC.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

I just bought a Speed Passion GT2.0 LPF esc to use in my Team Associated B4 2wd offroad buggy. I have only tried it by driving it in my front yard but it gets alot hotter (after only about 2 minutes) than the LRP Sphere Competition esc that I was previously running. I don't have a temp gauge but I'm pretty sure it is running way too hot. My current setup is:

Reedy Sonic 8.5
23t pinion/81t spur
20 degrees of timing (factory default) on the motor
ESC settings:
1. Running mode: Forward only with brake
2. Drag brake force: 10%
3. Low-voltage cut-off threshold: 3.2V/cell
4. DRRS Mode: Normal Level 3
5. Maximum brake force: 75%
6. Maximum Reverse force: 25%
7. Initial brake force: Drag brake force
8. Neutral range: 6%(narrow)
9. "AMTS" Timing: 0.00 deg
10. Over-heat protection: Enable

I will be racing on a track similar to the one in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXjB3mRbIQ
I noticed the factory default setting for "AMTS" Timing is 26.25 deg so I changed this when I first ran the esc because I thought it was way too much. Are there any suggestions on what I should do to try and make the esc run a bit cooler? Or do the Speed Passion esc's always run on the hot side and it's normal?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WMGary
Yes, you can use HB on 13.5T motor. About 10.5T motor settings, you can use it on 13.5T motor. Fine tune HB Active will have better output.

You need a Bluetooth Module and Reventon ESC for Android Reventon App usage. HB setting will display when the App detected ESC is using Stock1 firmware. About the firmware version, it will display the ESC firmware version when the App detected the ESC.
Thanks man. But can I install STO1 firmware to the ESC by using my phone or I still need a PC for this?

Lastly, which will be better in the long run, should I just buy the bluetooth module together with a new Reventon R (for my additional kit) or just buy the Reventon Pro which comes with the LCD box?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Airflow
Thanks man. But can I install STO1 firmware to the ESC by using my phone or I still need a PC for this?

Lastly, which will be better in the long run, should I just buy the bluetooth module together with a new Reventon R (for my additional kit) or just buy the Reventon Pro which comes with the LCD box?
Yes, you can update ESC firmware from Reventon app.

Reventon Bluetooth module is for Reventon series (Reventon S, R, PRO). The benefits of Bluetooth module are Reventon app user interface (user friendly) and change setting from wireless (change setting conveniently).
Reventon Pro + Bluetooth module is a good choose.

Bluetooth module Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XYzrJxvFqY

Last edited by WMGary; 01-24-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC10B4_Mafco
I just bought a Speed Passion GT2.0 LPF esc to use in my Team Associated B4 2wd offroad buggy. I have only tried it by driving it in my front yard but it gets alot hotter (after only about 2 minutes) than the LRP Sphere Competition esc that I was previously running. I don't have a temp gauge but I'm pretty sure it is running way too hot. My current setup is:

Reedy Sonic 8.5
23t pinion/81t spur
20 degrees of timing (factory default) on the motor
ESC settings:
1. Running mode: Forward only with brake
2. Drag brake force: 10%
3. Low-voltage cut-off threshold: 3.2V/cell
4. DRRS Mode: Normal Level 3
5. Maximum brake force: 75%
6. Maximum Reverse force: 25%
7. Initial brake force: Drag brake force
8. Neutral range: 6%(narrow)
9. "AMTS" Timing: 0.00 deg
10. Over-heat protection: Enable

I will be racing on a track similar to the one in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXjB3mRbIQ
I noticed the factory default setting for "AMTS" Timing is 26.25 deg so I changed this when I first ran the esc because I thought it was way too much. Are there any suggestions on what I should do to try and make the esc run a bit cooler? Or do the Speed Passion esc's always run on the hot side and it's normal?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
I've always run that setting at the maximum (26.25) and most team drivers setups are the same. No concern over heat here, running an 8.5 in a B4. Airflow to the ESC is limited if you are running a low-sided body so I would run a Bulldog or similar and put the fan on the ESC if possible.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p
This weekend was the first tests with the engine ReventonR 10.5, boosted.
Last year I used the Xtreme Xerum and Reventon is news to me.

Lucky for me I still have 2 chassis and I can compare with my old performance.
Using the setup box for 10.5, was a little slow on low speed, but it looks good high speed.
I changed some sets:
Increasing the DRRS from 7 to 8
Decreasing the Boost Start from 7000 to 5000
It seemed better, Some suggestion?
The Manteu temperature between 70 and 80 ° C (no Fan, yes sink) motor Novak Balistik 10.5
Complete Set:
FDR: 6,65
DRRS 8
Hybrid Boost Active: 70%
Hybrid Boost Maximum: 140k
Hybrid Boost Start RPM: 5000

by tests and temperature, I believe that can improve, suggestions are welcome.

Tks.

hi you can try

FDR: 6,00
DRRS 8
Hybrid Boost Active: 80%
Hybrid Boost Maximum: 150k
Hybrid Boost Start RPM: 4000

that should help cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.