The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosey1990
Yes, it would definitely seem that this motor 'compatibility' issue is more widespread than first thought. So far then, here are a list of known motors to have the problem, where the ESC will just switch itself off, when the car is stopped at/or towards the end of a race:

Viper
Vampire Type AB+
Hobbywing
LRP X12
Novak
Tekin V-1 and V-2?

Are the other speedo manufacturers having this same compatibility issue? Although it is a relatively easy fix to cut the 2nd wire on the sensor cable, it shouldn't really be necessary. Are Speed Passion looking into a more user friendly solution?
I think your list is pretty much sums it up....basicly all Trinity base motor are fine, and of course Speed Passion, full line of Thunderpower, only partial of NOVAK has the shut off problem and I do not know exactly which model. I know I ran my USVTA with Novak SS 25.5 and Ballistic 25.5 I do not have that problem....

We have already addressed this and we will provide a update in the future. However, I do not know it is a hardware update or a software update.

I actually did cut my wire on my Speed Passion motor, as well as all my sensor wire....I do not want ANY CHANCE that will shut down my ESC while racing, especally if I am leading the ROOKIE CLASS and beat up those 8 years old kid...LOL (seriously, I cutted all my 2nd wire JUST don't want to see any stupid hickup...)
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Do this...turn down your motor timing and gear up a little. We will address an update on this issue but this issue is caused by the motor timing are too high...when using Speed passion motor...when the motor timing board was set below 35* it will be acceptable...and if set above 36*, yes, it sound pretty bad....

We will get this figured out...
In my case, I'm using a 10.5T Thunder Power set at 30*, and it's mildly disturbing how weird it sounds at low throttle chattering away.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think your list is pretty much sums it up....basicly all Trinity base motor are fine, and of course Speed Passion, full line of Thunderpower, only partial of NOVAK has the shut off problem and I do not know exactly which model. I know I ran my USVTA with Novak SS 25.5 and Ballistic 25.5 I do not have that problem....

We have already addressed this and we will provide a update in the future. However, I do not know it is a hardware update or a software update.

I actually did cut my wire on my Speed Passion motor, as well as all my sensor wire....I do not want ANY CHANCE that will shut down my ESC while racing, especally if I am leading the ROOKIE CLASS and beat up those 8 years old kid...LOL (seriously, I cutted all my 2nd wire JUST don't want to see any stupid hickup...)
i just bought a reventon s , do you have a picture of the cut sensor wire.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

You need to adjust your braking from the card, just can't use default setting and expect it to the best....we have to set the default to LOW so you can adjust per your liking.
I've adjusted the brakes to maximum but their is still quit a big delay, maybe a second or so, before the bracks actually kick in.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Serpent Factory driver and Speed Passion powered Marc Fisher wins A2 at the Euro Touring Series.

Courtesy Redrc.net
http://ets.redrc.net/2013/01/fischer...-in-hrotovice/

Originally Posted by cheehtae
i just bought a reventon s , do you have a picture of the cut sensor wire.
Here is a line art drawing of the basic connector...
http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/images/illust/zh.gif

If you were looking at the motor while the the sensor wire plugged in it's 2nd from the left. You can cut it with a wire cutter, pull the plug out of the plastic part, or do whatever you can do disable it.

Last edited by Nexus; 01-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Serpent Factory driver and Speed Passion powered Marc Fisher wins A2 at the Euro Touring Series.

Courtesy Redrc.net
http://ets.redrc.net/2013/01/fischer...-in-hrotovice/

Here is a line art drawing of the basic connector...
http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/images/illust/zh.gif

If you were looking at the motor while the the sensor wire plugged in it's 2nd from the left. You can cut it with a wire cutter, pull the plug out of the plastic part, or do whatever you can do disable it.

Fischer has a Speedpassion GT2.0 Pro in his car! To me the SP 2.0 Pro is STILL the most reliable, smoothest, powerful and easy to use ESC in the market today. It has racked up numerous Worlds Championships, Reedy Races as well as ETS wins......I swear by this ESC....I wont run anything else!

Does anybody know what happen to Reinhardt at the ETS?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Guys, please, do not understand the need to cut the sensor wire:
My ESC is a Reventon R and currently 10.5 SP motor and Novak Balistik (boosted) without problems.
Cut the wire for some bug or compatibility?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p
My ESC is a Reventon R and currently 10.5 SP motor and Novak Balistik (boosted) without problems.
oh no not going to cut the wires, but just want to know which wire just in case.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

You do not have to cut this wire if you are not experiencing any problems. Some motors...

Viper
Vampire Type AB+
Hobbywing
LRP X12
Novak
Tekin V-1 and V-2?
have internal temp sensors that cause issues when combined with the Speed Passion ESC. This is known and will possibly be addressed in future firmware. If everything you have is running smooth don't worry about it
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.speedpassion.net/files/So...eventonPro.pdf

The above image will show exactly which wire that need to be cut. And you need to do that ONLY if you experienced the shut down. I am sure, there are some other brands motor has that temperature sensor inside the motor and trigger the shut down to the ESC.

Again...it is a incompatibility issue between the motor's temperature sensor that does not work with the REVENTON ESC and this issue has been address and solution will be make.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

No need to cut for SP motor, or TRINITY motor. These motor does not have the temperature sensor chips built inside the sensor board...you DO NOT need to worry about this at all.

Last edited by Solara; 01-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bishop
Anyone else find the new software for the Reventon Pro a little odd?, I was using Stock0 last night during racing with the older firmware, still noticing the brakes were very weak, so today I flashed the new ware onto it.
First things I noticed was it felt like there is more brakes there now, but then I also noticed it's now cogging badly at low throttle, so I'd be curious to see if anyone else has found this?
Same problem with Stock 0 installed after update software to v1_1_0_22, reinstall old software v1_1_0_21 on PC then stock0 on esc and cogging at low throttle disappear...

Last edited by Stephtruc; 01-21-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Stock1 + Thunderpower 13.5

Hi

Does anyone have a good boosted setup for the Reventon with Stock1 software and Thunder Power 13.5 motor?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Would a bigger capacitor help with the poor brakes on v20 stock1? The current capacitor is 2200uf 25v. Was think of changing it to 1880uf 64v
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Im new to burshless and thinking of getting a SP combo. I race on carpet in a local club and were limited to 13.5 and no boost/turbo etc. I was planning to get a Reventon stock club race combo but as far as i can work out it doesnt have reverse. So im thinking of getting the Reventon S instead, just wondering if i can set it up using the stock 0 blinky mode with reverse?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.