R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #10966
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

New firmware released....V22

http://www.speedpassion.net/files/SP..._v1_1_0_22.zip

I strongly recommend everyone on UNINSTALL the old firmware and reinstall this new one. The new firmware has the best "recovery" base design that should take care most and all of the known "update error"....please take a look at the "Safe Mode User Guide" in order to access the "backdoor" if your ESC encounter any kinda update failure problem...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #10967
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyslash View Post
I got my SP Certix in from AMain today so I need some clarification. When you say 2nd wire from left, is that on the motor or looking at the ESC?
STOP....that cutoff problem only happened on REVENTON series ESC. Your ESc is Cirtix, you DO NOT need to do that...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #10968
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimracker View Post
Solara PM
Did I answered your PM...? If not...I did not receive your PM, please send again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X men View Post
Solara, please check pm...Thanks!!
Did I answered your PM...? If not...I did not receive your PM, please send again...
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #10969
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There is a new fan and customer driven website www.teamspeedpassion.com. There are a few pictures in the media gallery with the exact cars you guys mention.

It's a great site for finding pictures of SP products in specific cars, reviews, etc. Take a peek You can even submit pictures and your own local race results.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #10970
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post

I strongly recommend everyone on UNINSTALL the old firmware and reinstall this new one. The new firmware has the best "recovery" base design that should take care most and all of the known "update error"....please take a look at the "Safe Mode User Guide" in order to access the "backdoor" if your ESC encounter any kinda update failure problem...
It says that it is new software for pc and usb. It doesn't say v22 firmware for reventon pro it says v20 release for stock and mod. Is this a misprint? Will this new program sort out the lack of power for 13.5's?
RSCosworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #10971
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
There is a new fan and customer driven website www.teamspeedpassion.com. There are a few pictures in the media gallery with the exact cars you guys mention.

It's a great site for finding pictures of SP products in specific cars, reviews, etc. Take a peek You can even submit pictures and your own local race results.
Nice!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #10972
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post

Windows 8 ready or i have to run it in Win7 compatibility mode ?
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #10973
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Trans Am View Post
Hi,
I received the Reventon pro and have it in the car. I raced the last 2 weekends and love the punch and braking power. However after a 5 min heat race when I stop the car. The ESC is turning itself off. I also had it shut itself off when I had crashed near the end of a heat and was waiting to be marshaled. I am running 21.5 Blinky. The lipo cut off is turned off as well as the temp cut off. I also added the fan to see if it would help but it does not.
Any ideas ? LMK Thank you.
Just tried my brand new Reventon Pro tonight at a club meet, I'm getting the EXACT same problem. Happens after a 6min race, ESC temp was 42 degrees (c) and when you turn it back on it starts repeatedly beeping with no throttle response.
I'm running the Stock0 blinky firmware that I downloaded to it from the latest software release, I'm wondering if that's something to do with it as a mate at the track has one and he didn't update and doesn't have that problem.

Lipo cutoff is off but when I change to a fresh pack the speedy operates fine so I'm confused as hell. I'm running 21.5 blinky and it doesn't use more than 3000mAh of a 6600mAh pack so I find it hard to believe it something battery related.

Couldn't find a reply to TransAm's question, is anyone else getting this problem too?

edit: i found some replies saying its incompatibility with some motors which imo is shit! I'm using a LRP x12 21.5 I'm going to order a SP 21.5 to test this theory (need a spare motor anyway).

Last edited by ript; 01-12-2013 at 06:51 AM.
ript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #10974
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ript View Post
Just tried my brand new Reventon Pro tonight at a club meet, I'm getting the EXACT same problem. Happens after a 6min race, ESC temp was 42 degrees (c) and when you turn it back on it starts repeatedly beeping with no throttle response.
I'm running the Stock0 blinky firmware that I downloaded to it from the latest software release, I'm wondering if that's something to do with it as a mate at the track has one and he didn't update and doesn't have that problem.

Lipo cutoff is off but when I change to a fresh pack the speedy operates fine so I'm confused as hell. I'm running 21.5 blinky and it doesn't use more than 3000mAh of a 6600mAh pack so I find it hard to believe it something battery related.

Couldn't find a reply to TransAm's question, is anyone else getting this problem too?

edit: i found some replies saying its incompatibility with some motors which imo is shit! I'm using a LRP x12 21.5 I'm going to order a SP 21.5 to test this theory (need a spare motor anyway).
I've got the same issue with my Reventon Pro, using a Vampire Type AB+ motor. We were just speculating that it was a motor compatibility issue, but no confirmation from the guys at Speed Passion yet. Would be nice to hear their views on the problem...
rosey1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #10975
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:

Yeah, it doesnt work with LRP motors. Unfortunately i had to sell my LRP motors. Tested with SP 10.5 and no issue, now got new Thunder Power and wondering how that one will run.

facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #10976
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

I would need to verify and research, but it might be the LRP motor has internal sensors. If this is the case, disabling the 2nd wire on the sensor cable could potentially solve your problem.

You could try (carefully) removing the second wire pin from the sensor connector and run your car.
SP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #10977
Tech Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Tech View Post
I would need to verify and research, but it might be the LRP motor has internal sensors. If this is the case, disabling the 2nd wire on the sensor cable could potentially solve your problem.

You could try (carefully) removing the second wire pin from the sensor connector and run your car.
i have verified this, from Solara, and others... the Tekin V-2 motors, my Tekin V-1 17.5 motors, and some Novack motors need to have the 2nd wire from the left (as you look at the motor) either cut or removed to work properly...

But, they do work very well..... I love my Reventon Pro
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #10978
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's starting to look easier to list motors that do work with the Pro than what does not...

I can say my Thunder Power (10.5T) has been working just fine with mine.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #10979
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup +1 for Thunderpowers working fine, mate was running the 17.5 without any problems at all.
ript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 AM   #10980
Tech Initiate

Yes, it would definitely seem that this motor 'compatibility' issue is more widespread than first thought. So far then, here are a list of known motors to have the problem, where the ESC will just switch itself off, when the car is stopped at/or towards the end of a race:

Viper
Vampire Type AB+
Hobbywing
LRP X12
Novak
Tekin V-1 and V-2?

Are the other speedo manufacturers having this same compatibility issue? Although it is a relatively easy fix to cut the 2nd wire on the sensor cable, it shouldn't really be necessary. Are Speed Passion looking into a more user friendly solution?
rosey1990 is offline   Reply With Quote