Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Airflow
If I use its dynamic timing features, will it still be faster compared to a "blinky" esc equipped car?
The ESC timing is added on top of the motor timing, so it just gives you more options of what to run to give you the best performance and keep the temps in check. I'd expect better performance than blinky with the motor timing cranked up. You will also get the option of choosing how the power comes in. Boost will make much bigger difference though, but as I mentioned in a previous post you'll need to update the ESC to Stock 1 for that.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

. . . decided to pull the trigger on a Reventon R and it turns out the lhs is out of stock! and so is A-main, and Stormer, and the Speed Passion website. I hate to ask such an uninspired question, but does anyone know a US-based source that ships these? Or possibly a place in Chicago area that stocks?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
. . . decided to pull the trigger on a Reventon R and it turns out the lhs is out of stock! and so is A-main, and Stormer, and the Speed Passion website. I hate to ask such an uninspired question, but does anyone know a US-based source that ships these? Or possibly a place in Chicago area that stocks?
I'm pretty sure Lake in the Hills Hobby town had a decent.numbernof Speed Passion ESCs.last time I was there.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
I think discountrcstore has them.

http://www.discountrcstore.com/Speed_Passion_s/26.htm
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nexus
I'm pretty sure Lake in the Hills Hobby town had a decent.numbernof Speed Passion ESCs.last time I was there.
Cheers, man. That place is a little over an hour away, but it got me to search for Hobbytown and there is one in Orland Park, about 25 minutes from my place in Willowbrook. I confess I shop at the lhs that maintains my track, so I don't know the other local places. I'm gonna give these guys and another place I saw online, Al's, a try tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I think I'll just break down, buy a pro, and ask forgiveness from the wife.

I'm such a child . . . I want my ESC so I can play with my toys over my week-long vacation from work, and the out-of-stock thing is sapping my mojo.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Highside20
Nice! That's what I was looking for! Your reply showed up sometime while I was typing my other post. If the alternative lhs options do not pan out, I will def put in an order with them (I grew up in Provo so ordering from company in Sandy is almost like picking it up from the lhs, I guess).
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Questions??

Hi guys....

Just thought of sharing some of my experience with you.

Been running Reventon Pro (and MMM motors) in races for quite some time now....latest being with the v19 Stock1 firmware. Fortunately for me, had never encountered any problems uploading new softwares on it. Here in Malaysia, the common class of racing are 4WD touring cars with 17.5t blinky mode, 13.5t boosted and 10.5t boosted. I normally run the 13.5t and 10.5t class.

In this part of the world (East Asia, particularly South East Asia), the field is dominated these days by ORCA, Dualsky, HobbyWing and Tekin's esc and motors. So when I jumped ship from ORCA electronics to SP, it raised some eyebrows. But to my delight, the Reventon Pro and MMM motors are a match against other popular brands here.

Am glad that I chose SP. Personally, I find it very reliable, has strong top end speed although a little bit more mid-range power will be nice. Am having problems in this area against the ORCAs.

Here are my esc settings I use at my local track (technical layout with 150 ft straight) with an SP MMM 10.5t motor on a Yokomo BD7 -

DRRS - 7/8
Start RPM - 5000
Hybrid Boost Active - 80%
Hybrid Boost Max RPM - 150k
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec

FDR - 6.10

This esc setting has propelled me to some great positions in A Main and also wins.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys just got a revention pro esc and a 17.5 v3 motor and was wondering if anyone has anyone has a good setup and gear ratio for boosted 17.5 onroad for a track which is a medium size asphalt track with medium hot days. About a 40m straight. Cheers guys
Old 12-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ive finally updated my Reventon R firmware to STO1 via LED card and PC laptop. Now I have hybrid boost!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=shahrin;11598708]Hi guys....

Been running Reventon Pro (and MMM motors) in races for quite some time now....latest being with the v19 Stock1 firmware. Fortunately for me, had never encountered any problems uploading new softwares on it. Here in Malaysia, the common class of racing are 4WD touring cars with 17.5t blinky mode, 13.5t boosted and 10.5t boosted. I normally run the 13.5t and 10.5t class.

In this part of the world (East Asia, particularly South East Asia), the field is dominated these days by ORCA, Dualsky, HobbyWing and Tekin's esc and motors. So when I jumped ship from ORCA electronics to SP, it raised some eyebrows. But to my delight, the Reventon Pro and MMM motors are a match against other popular brands here.

Am glad that I chose SP. Personally, I find it very reliable, has strong top end speed although a little bit more mid-range power will be nice. Am having problems in this area against the ORCAs.

Here are my esc settings I use at my local track (technical layout with 150 ft straight) with an SP MMM 10.5t motor on a Yokomo BD7 -

DRRS - 7/8
Start RPM - 5000
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec

FDR - 6.10

This esc setting has propelled me to some great positions in A Main and also wins.[/QUOTE

Hi shahrin

You can try a 5.00 fdr dat should help. But keep an eye on temp. i have been testing on a large nitro track along with friends dat have tekin rs pro esc and i'm way faster that then, even some of the nitro guy was asking if i'm using a modd motor

my setting are ;

DRRS - 7
Start RPM - 5000 mayb 6000
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec
Drag brakes- 20
FDR - 5.00 to 5.5
car ia an xray t3 2011 with a Reventon Pro (and 13.5 MMM motors) super fast and really smooth. I did switch from using a tekin rs pro
Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shahrin
Hi guys....

DRRS - 7/8
Start RPM - 5000
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec

FDR - 6.10

This esc setting has propelled me to some great positions in A Main and also wins.
Thank you for sharing your setup.....yes, we have compare our ESC to ORCA, V3, Orion and Dualsky and we are definitely not BEHIND at all (couple big race in HK were won by Reventon PRO over V3 and Dualsky).

Yes....BOOST is the ASIAN thing...they just refused to slow down, they rather want to see their ESC and motor to make magic smoke then slowing down.....LOL

You will like the new V20 software for STOCK1...we have driver tested that and it will take care of the lack of mid-range problem all right...I think we will release the new software right after new year (or eariler).

Thank you for your support on Speed Passion products...
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cmy55s
Hey guys just got a revention pro esc and a 17.5 v3 motor and was wondering if anyone has anyone has a good setup and gear ratio for boosted 17.5 onroad for a track which is a medium size asphalt track with medium hot days. About a 40m straight. Cheers guys
Several 17.5 boost setup are on the SPEED PASSION website...

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shamar

Hi shahrin

You can try a 5.00 fdr dat should help. But keep an eye on temp. i have been testing on a large nitro track along with friends dat have tekin rs pro esc and i'm way faster that then, even some of the nitro guy was asking if i'm using a modd motor

my setting are ;

DRRS - 7
Start RPM - 5000 mayb 6000
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec
Drag brakes- 20
FDR - 5.00 to 5.5
car ia an xray t3 2011 with a Reventon Pro (and 13.5 MMM motors) super fast and really smooth. I did switch from using a tekin rs pro
Thanks for sharing your setup as well.....at first I was worry (5.0 final with BOOST..?) but obviously your track is the 1/8th on road size track (must be 275 foot longer)......in USA, no boost are allowed, we actually need to gear to 2.9 final drive for 17.5 no timing blinky software in order to make the car move on big track like that.....

Good luck and win more racing.....also, expect the V20 STOCK1 software release next week or so....
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
Thanks for sharing your setup as well.....at first I was worry (5.0 final with BOOST..?) but obviously your track is the 1/8th on road size track (must be 275 foot longer)......in USA, no boost are allowed, we actually need to gear to 2.9 final drive for 17.5 no timing blinky software in order to make the car move on big track like that.....

Good luck and win more racing.....also, expect the V20 STOCK1 software release next week or so....
Hi solara

well the track i was testing on is pretty large flowing track that 1/10th and 1/8 on road race on.....but i normally run my 13.5 mmm motor timing to 10deg and a lower boost with a 5.00 fdr cause the track i nornally run is super low traction.. 5.00 fdr helps alot with wheel spin and that when i was using a tekin rs pro but since i switch to to the Reventon PRO is super smooth and good on power the whole rev range........
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shamar
Hi solara

well the track i was testing on is pretty large flowing track that 1/10th and 1/8 on road race on.....but i normally run my 13.5 mmm motor timing to 10deg and a lower boost with a 5.00 fdr cause the track i nornally run is super low traction.. 5.00 fdr helps alot with wheel spin and that when i was using a tekin rs pro but since i switch to to the Reventon PRO is super smooth and good on power the whole rev range........
Awesome...thanks for sharing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.