R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #10876
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cestaric View Post
Guys, what are the thinniest wire I can use betwen ESC and engine ?
Do you think it is possible to use 16 ou even 18awg ?

The combo is a simple Cirtix Stock Club Race 10.5 wired actuallly with 14awg and 12 awg to the batery.

The intention is to reduce the forces on the pod of my 1:12 pan car.

Thanks

Cestari
Cestari,

I have seen several of our drivers use TQ Wires in 16g for 1/12 racing. It is very flexible.
SP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #10877
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,040
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
so a booster can work on the Reventon Pro now? You got a link to instructions on how you have to wire it up to use it?
Booster and receiver packs always work on Reventon PRO, but not on Reventon S, R and Stock Club Race.

It depends on what booster that you are getting...TQ has it own way and Hobbyking has theirs...so far I know these 2 booster will work. Then receiver packs work too.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #10878
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Are the brakes improved in the Stock0 profile in the las test firmware vs v18 for Reventon pro? Latest track layout had a 180 at the end. Had to start braking halfway down the track.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #10879
Tech Initiate
 
apique_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21
Default

Hi All,

Need some help and advice..try to look all over the forum and web and yet still not able to find the right solution.

For info I own Reventon R with 10.5R MMM motor. I used it for drift. current profile is drift. The question is;

1. What is Dynamic Multi Timing System - DMTS 3.0 in drift profile mean. Can it initiate turbo if higher timing selected.

2. "DRIFT is designed for drift car racing, it can active a “drift” sound effect"-Copy this thing from the setup sheet. how really make it to works.

Thanks in advance..
apique_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #10880
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Are the brakes improved in the Stock0 profile in the las test firmware vs v18 for Reventon pro? Latest track layout had a 180 at the end. Had to start braking halfway down the track.
Well I tried the new firmware. Slightly better but I was still losing a lot of time to people who could dive deeper into the 180s. What else can I try?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #10881
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How can I get rid of the delay the drag brake has in stock 1 ?
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #10882
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,040
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Are the brakes improved in the Stock0 profile in the las test firmware vs v18 for Reventon pro? Latest track layout had a 180 at the end. Had to start braking halfway down the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Well I tried the new firmware. Slightly better but I was still losing a lot of time to people who could dive deeper into the 180s. What else can I try?
You can try a bigger CAP...like the 4 caps from Speed Passion.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #10883
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,040
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apique_14 View Post
Hi All,

Need some help and advice..try to look all over the forum and web and yet still not able to find the right solution.

For info I own Reventon R with 10.5R MMM motor. I used it for drift. current profile is drift. The question is;

1. What is Dynamic Multi Timing System - DMTS 3.0 in drift profile mean. Can it initiate turbo if higher timing selected.

2. "DRIFT is designed for drift car racing, it can active a “drift” sound effect"-Copy this thing from the setup sheet. how really make it to works.

Thanks in advance..
The DMTS is the amount of timing that will be added onto the throttle travel range....it is the static timing that add onto the whole travel of your throttle range, for example, if you are choose 26.26* total, it will apply total of 26.25* timing from your 0% to 100% (WOT) of the whole throttle travel range...IT DOES NOT HAVE TURBO or BOOST....just static timing.

If you need turbo...you need to choose STOCK1, but I am sure it does not work good on DRIFTING....Stock1 is for on road racing.

The DRIFT sound effect is basicly a sound file that can be used on your Iphone or Android phone while you are carry the phone with you, while you are drifting...it DOES NOT make your motor or ESC to play the sound file.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #10884
Tech Initiate
 
apique_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
The DMTS is the amount of timing that will be added onto the throttle travel range....it is the static timing that add onto the whole travel of your throttle range, for example, if you are choose 26.26* total, it will apply total of 26.25* timing from your 0% to 100% (WOT) of the whole throttle travel range...IT DOES NOT HAVE TURBO or BOOST....just static timing.

If you need turbo...you need to choose STOCK1, but I am sure it does not work good on DRIFTING....Stock1 is for on road racing.

The DRIFT sound effect is basicly a sound file that can be used on your Iphone or Android phone while you are carry the phone with you, while you are drifting...it DOES NOT make your motor or ESC to play the sound file.
Thanks for input...
apique_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #10885
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,912
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

The wife got me a revention pro for x mas. Can't wait to try it out.
__________________
Serpent project 4x
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #10886
Tech Fanatic
 
Airflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

I bought a Reventon R and Im planning on using a 10.5 motor. Will I have trouble if I use Novak ballistic motors?

Additional questions:
1. Can I use the system without updating the firmware first? I only have a MacBook so I cant update it yet.
2. What custom settings will I be missing out if I just use the system all stock?

Thanks
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #10887
Tech Adept
 
Fuzzi0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northants, UK
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
Hi,

I bought a Reventon R and Im planning on using a 10.5 motor. Will I have trouble if I use Novak ballistic motors?

Additional questions:
1. Can I use the system without updating the firmware first? I only have a MacBook so I cant update it yet.
2. What custom settings will I be missing out if I just use the system all stock?

Thanks
Novak motors should be fine.

1. Yes, it'll come with Mod1 preloaded.
2. Quite a lot really, if you wanted to use boost then you'll need to be able to update the ESC, however you will be able to change a few settings on the Mod1 firmware using the card. It'll probably be an older version of that firmware though.

I'd really recommend updating as soon as you can, just so you have all the options available to you.
__________________
Spec-R S1, Schumacher CAT SX3 S1
Fuzzi0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #10888
Tech Fanatic
 
Airflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi0n View Post
Novak motors should be fine.

1. Yes, it'll come with Mod1 preloaded.
2. Quite a lot really, if you wanted to use boost then you'll need to be able to update the ESC, however you will be able to change a few settings on the Mod1 firmware using the card. It'll probably be an older version of that firmware though.

I'd really recommend updating as soon as you can, just so you have all the options available to you.
Thanks dude. I will try to update it on my cousin's PC. But first I need to solder the power wires. I wanted to use Boost but I only have the supplied LED card. Is this sufficient?

Can I also ask Reventon R owners to post pics of their ride on how they mounted the ESC with capacitor and the bulky power switch, preferably on TC cars.

Thanks again
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #10889
Tech Adept
 
Fuzzi0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northants, UK
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
Thanks dude. I will try to update it on my cousin's PC. But first I need to solder the power wires. I wanted to use Boost but I only have the supplied LED card. Is this sufficient?

Can I also ask Reventon R owners to post pics of their ride on how they mounted the ESC with capacitor and the bulky power switch, preferably on TC cars.

Thanks again
If you want boost, you'll need to connect it to a PC to update the ESC firmware to Stock 1. If you cant do that, Mod1 will allow some timing adjustment which you can do with the LED card I think. Should be a guide/manual for the LED card on the Speed Passion site.

I've got a Pro, so not sure where you should mount your switch but the capacitor can go pretty much anywhere, just use a zip tie or some double sided tape to hold it onto something.
__________________
Spec-R S1, Schumacher CAT SX3 S1
Fuzzi0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #10890
Tech Fanatic
 
Airflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 822
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If I use its dynamic timing features, will it still be faster compared to a "blinky" esc equipped car?
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0