Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
So what would you suggest to set for small indoor track, 10.5, not long straight, stock1boost? On hobbywing was using 64 timing with no turbo, ~9 drive ratio.
Anyone?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
Anyone?
If you want to run boost there is a set up for the sp10.5 a few pages back try it gear may be a little different from your track
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Going to try out some 17.5/Blinky TC Action. Between the the Reventon S and Reventon Stock Club Race ESC, which one should I go with. I already have a SAII in my RC8.2e and a Reventon R in my B4.1 and love the pure smoothness of the Speed Passion stuff. I am also setting up a VTA ride and will be using the Reventon Stock Club race in that so I had thought about just getting another to run 17.5/Blinky but if there is some compelling reason to go with the Reventon S I'm all ears.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

haven't really paid attention to the thread in a while, so a couple of quick questions,

with the Reventions as with the previous models, when it comes to the lCd box and the lEd box, with the lcd you can change parameters of the program already installed in the esc, the led box can also do this, but is needed to switch between programs. I believe this is still the same.
now, as far as the wi-fi land bluetooth boxes ( i have a Ipod and a android phone so it shouldn't matter which one) I can also switch between programs and change the parameters so i wouldn't need the led box. Is this correct??
thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
haven't really paid attention to the thread in a while, so a couple of quick questions,

with the Reventions as with the previous models, when it comes to the lCd box and the lEd box, with the lcd you can change parameters of the program already installed in the esc, the led box can also do this, but is needed to switch between programs. I believe this is still the same.
now, as far as the wi-fi land bluetooth boxes ( i have a Ipod and a android phone so it shouldn't matter which one) I can also switch between programs and change the parameters so i wouldn't need the led box. Is this correct??
thanks in advance.
there is only one box that comes with the reventon Pro. once you update it and the speedy, you can then use just the box for all setting changes. WiFi is for Iphone/ ipad , bluetooth is for Android. i have just come back from a test session with the reventon Pro and the stock 1 software, running a 3.5T motor temps were stable and software is good. it was fast as well, managed to blow one tyre, a Ride RE36. i think its faster than the GT2Pro , and temps were around low 70's . am very happy with the software.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
there is only one box that comes with the reventon Pro. once you update it and the speedy, you can then use just the box for all setting changes. WiFi is for Iphone/ ipad , bluetooth is for Android. i have just come back from a test session with the reventon Pro and the stock 1 software, running a 3.5T motor temps were stable and software is good. it was fast as well, managed to blow one tyre, a Ride RE36. i think its faster than the GT2Pro , and temps were around low 70's . am very happy with the software.
Hey Patto,
If I may ask,I'm running 3.5 with mod software,just wondering:
1.Do you run your fan sideways on the esc
2.What were your boost etc settings and lastly
3.How hot was it where you were today?
I'm quite interested as my temps hover around 80/85.
Thanks!
Tim
Ps I'm running at TFTR in Melb,open track,tightish infield.FDR 7.2
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Hey Patto,
If I may ask,I'm running 3.5 with mod software,just wondering:
1.Do you run your fan sideways on the esc
2.What were your boost etc settings and lastly
3.How hot was it where you were today?
I'm quite interested as my temps hover around 80/85.
Thanks!
Tim
Ps I'm running at TFTR in Melb,open track,tightish infield.FDR 7.2
well firstly my FDR is around 8.4 and running Stock1. it wasnt a blistering hot day here, but it was quite warm, say mid to late 20's track temp was around 38-40C. tyres were coming off at 55C. with out hooking up the LCD, 0 drag brake, brakes at 50% and then turned down EPA to about 70%. boost 80% DRRS 7 145K and 9000 start, 0.1 delay.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

when it comes to the lCd box and the lEd box, with the lcd you can change parameters of the program already installed in the esc, the led box can also do this, but is needed to switch between programs. I believe this is still the same.
The LED and LCD boxes are both capable of downloading software from the computer. One has a better display for adjusting settings but if you keep a cheat sheet around there isn't a real need for it.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For Blinky/17.5 TC is there any benefit to going with the Reventon S as opposed to the Stock Club Race ESC? I was thinking I could get the Stock Club Race to keep as a backup for my VTA car but if the Reventon S is that much better I will go that route.

Last edited by 2canSAM; 11-10-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

thanks in advance.
skypilot, give me a call, i will tell you about it...
rich
Old 11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am putting a revention pro in a 1/12 car,do I need a diffrent condensor or use the one that comes with it?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2canSAM
For Blinky/17.5 TC is there any benefit to going with the Reventon S as opposed to the Stock Club Race ESC? I was thinking I could get the Stock Club Race to keep as a backup for my VTA car but if the Reventon S is that much better I will go that route.
If you ever plan to race a motor class other than 17.5 "blinky" I would suggest the Revention S. It is able to accept Drift 1, Modified 0, Modified 1, Rock Crawler, and Stock 0 profiles. The Stock Club Race can only run Stock 0.

Also note that the Stock Club Race does not come with a Programmer Card. You have to use the "One Touch" button on the ESC to make any adjustments.

Both will work well in 17.5 stock class or VTA so it is a great choice either way you go.

SP Tech
Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by SP Tech
If you ever plan to race a motor class other than 17.5 "blinky" I would suggest the Revention S. It is able to accept Drift 1, Modified 0, Modified 1, Rock Crawler, and Stock 0 profiles. The Stock Club Race can only run Stock 0.

Also note that the Stock Club Race does not come with a Programmer Card. You have to use the "One Touch" button on the ESC to make any adjustments.

Both will work well in 17.5 stock class or VTA so it is a great choice either way you go.

SP Tech
Thanks, this will be only for 17.5 and parking lot bashing. I have a Reventon R for if I ever race a different class. I have plenty of the programming cards since I own 6 Speed Passion ESC's. I just ordered another Stock Club Race for the car. Figured I could keep it as a back up for my VTA rig. Of course after I ordered it I realized I would like to have had reverse when playing so the Reventon S would have been my better choice.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone tell me why I do not see the V19 Firmware, when I have downloaded and installed the V1.1.0.19 software? I have even updated my LED box to the latest firmware. All I see is V18.
Attached Thumbnails The Speed Passion Thread-speedpassion-firmware.jpg  

Last edited by 429racer; 11-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

It's just a guess, but I believe only the Pro is at version 19. Mine only shows v18 for the Reveton R as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.