R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #10591
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Which speed passion esc's:

1. Work with 1s?
2. Has a booster built in so receivers work on 1s without a separate pack?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #10592
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi guys,

1. Work with 1s?
Right now just the 2.1EX, but watch for the Reventon 1s coming out in the near future.
Danny-b23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #10593
CL
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Hold down the reset button then plug it into the computer. The box will say firmware update. Open the reventon program and open the update box on the left, 2.4 will be in the drop down box
Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #10594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Even if the 1s speed controller release date is awhile out, it would be great to get some more info on it. Any chance the advertisement for it is ready, or pictures, specs, anything.

Thanks,
Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #10595
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a few questions for the fine Speed passion folks, kinda long so sorry for that.

1. I RMA'ed my Reventon R and it arrived yesterday at your US address. I looked at the site but couldn't find a place to "Inform you" of the tracking number from my RMA, it just seems to want to recreate an RMA for the same item, no way to update or even see the status of my RMA.

2. I ordered the ESC on 30-8-2012. It took almost 3 weeks to arrive as it came from the international warehouse. It then sat in the box unopened until my new Spec-R R1 arrived as I didn't have a car to put it in and bought it specifically for my new Spec-R. When I opened the box and read the warranty card it said I only had 30 days to register it for the extended warranty from the date of purchase. Does this mean my RMA will not be honored?

The card was updated to 2.4 before flashing and the ESC was used for one run without issue. I needed it in Blinky mode so I tried to flash it to the correct STOCK V18 firmware and then the ESC stopped functioning once I connected it back to my receiver. The Fimrware update said it was successful and gave no hint of an issue.

3. Maybe someone else has had better luck than I at finding a good gear setup for a Comp V3 Silver can

Medium track size, medium traction asphalt.
17.5T Blinky spec with a Speed passion Comp V3 motor and HW Xerun Justock ESC. (Temporary until/if Speedpassion fixes my Reventon R)

I tried a 107T Spur with a 58T Pinion.. The pinion was a nightmare to get on and it sticks way above the top deck. The car has no snap at all in the straight.

I then tried an 86/46T setup and it was maxing out the slots in the motor mount and still it'd slip teeth. 86/47 worked but it's still slower than other folks with the same motors. I tried 86/50 and it's it's not noticeably different. The motor has never ran over 140F since I got this car. Of course I'm just getting back into TC from F1 pan cars so not a lot of history for me to work from.

The problem seems two fold as it has no punch out of the corner and no top end either. I've tried two different SP motors and they both seemed about the same as far as I could tell. Assuming everyone else is running actual blinky spec in the ESC, what combo should I give a try next week to get the motor to perform a bit better ? I've tried 3.3 - 3.7FDR and not sure what would be best with this motor, I can't find a Speed passion gearing chart anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated from the SpeedPassion reps!

"He's a Picasso with an Allen wrench." -Guffinator
Xenolance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #10596
Tech Elite

For a V3 with the silver can (black sensor board) you should be running that board at the +10 position to get a bit more rip. Then gear it. I race 17.5 Blinky on a big track (60m straight) from time to time and we are geared around 3.2 with most motors, when I run on a medium indoor track (30m straight and tighter corners) we are in the high 3s. Small club track (15-20m straight) is low 4s.

I don't run the V3 in 17.5 but I have run against a few MMM V3s and they are competitive. I've used the V3 in 13.5 blinky and boosted and it is still a solid motor.

If you are not getting full power, check your ESC settings and calibration. A HW ESC really needs the punch on maximum in Blinky mode to get good performance, and if you are not calibrated, you won't get full throttle.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #10597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi guys,

1. Work with 1s?
I used my GT2.0with 1s and no booster worked perfectly , but you need a 2s lipo for programming

great speed for 1s but bit big for 1:12th
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #10598
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero2k View Post
Ok, thx for the information. You are very fast.
So is the silver one still in production? The silver ones are out of stock at the german distributor since a longer time.

Greetings
if your lucky maybe a shop has some , Ask Toni at Tonisport if he has any stock , ETS was the 1st people to use the darker colour V3 motors
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #10599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I wish those who contact me and report the problem can explain to me what happened to them like what you just wrote here...very detail, and I am well aware of this case now. I will do that myself and see is that a software problem or not.

I believe I know a backend fix on this issue but I am not 100%, I need to try it tonight. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for reporting this to me.
Hey Solara,

Find a fix or update that'll fix the setup button issue? SPCS wants me to rma it.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #10600
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A little off topic, but any ETA on the DOKYO Drift motors?

I run the SP ESCs in my 2wd and 4wd buggy and if/when i upgrade my GT2.0 Pro and 2.0 LPF, they may find themselves getting a new assignment in my Drift car. Liking the 10.5, but curious if a CSd car does better with the 10.5 or 6.5?

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #10601
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I used my GT2.0with 1s and no booster worked perfectly , but you need a 2s lipo for programming

great speed for 1s but bit big for 1:12th
Got my 1/12 built and put in a GT2.0 Pro with blinky software.

Seems to work great, though the sensor wires are a bit more touchy for a lack of a better word. On 2S sensor wire was fine, on 1S I needed to use a different one to get better response.

Also, just to confirm, you can't use any voltage cutoff correct?

The speed of steering with no booster was reasonable on the GT2.0 Pro, I could see driving it to be honest as such but already had the booster installed lol.

For those who need to configure it with a TQ booster, to get around the issue of damaging it with using 2S from what TQ says, I just plugged in a 4 cell Nimh back into the programmer to power it, works great.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #10602
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all,

what about the Reventon pro in comparaison to the Orion R10? Which one is the best for 10.5 blinky race?

Tkanks,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #10603
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey guys ive got a reventon pro using in a f1 with a mmm 21.5 motor is there any good setup in the esc as the one im using doesnt seem to have much braking
dan200487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #10604
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Thumbs up

Also, just to confirm, you can't use any voltage cutoff correct?

Correct.
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #10605
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Just got my Reventon R & Club Stock ESC in. Can I shorten the wires for the capacitor? They seem to be really long.

Selling Terms: Shipping to confirmed addresses only, low-ballers will be ignored, and I reserve the right to refuse any offer.
2canSAM is offline   Reply With Quote