The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default SpeedPassion Delta

Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy
im pretty sure novak motors are more torky then the speed passion so take it down mabey.
Guys i hear that the orions have more top end then the speed passions does anyone have anything to prove that wrong?
you are not wrong at all.
But let's not comparing Brand/factory, because it's not the same.

it's because Orions uses Star winds,
So if you are comparing the same Turn's , then yes Star winds result
more colder and better torque.

The benefit on Orion's Star winds is it can be using only 2coils or 3coils active every rev,
negative it could not have one coil to result higher rpm.

Unlike Delta it would always result all coil to be active.
and always result Hotter on one coil, but it may result higher rpm,

and for us any Delta motor can be modified to be Star winds/Wye.

Last edited by irgo; 11-01-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Got gt pdf. TY. Sent you another email on that. thanks

But one question I emailed you about too, wiring up the brushed motors is the A wire connected to the neg term and the b c wires to the positive? The pdf isnt clear. thanks.
So no one knows? The reason I would like to know is that it's in a SC10 and I wouldnt mind using the 17t that came with it.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by TryHard; 11-01-2009 at 07:03 AM. Reason: wrong thread... opps!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

irgo so what ure saying is that orion motors are good and speed passions can get there by modding them sounds pretty good.
Nah but the SP ESC do look verry good the price is abit out of this world but u do pay for what you get i guess

and vr6cj look up the Novak GTB instructions id imagine they would be the same to the speed passion they give pretty clear instructions on using brushed motors on them. good luck with it. Also 13.5 compared to the 17t in the SC10 speed difference is alot but you do get alot more control out of it with the 17t. My SC10 has a 10.5 in it i beleive. its pretty hard to control i would hate so see with with a faster motor. ive got the slipper to the best setting after some ajustments and some good tires on the back help but thats for my track its pretty spread out mite be different for yours.
Anyway again Good luck

Catchyas
Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

most of the guys are here are running 8.5 in Mod SC10, I beat them with a SP17.5 with any modding.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Nah but the SP ESC do look verry good the price is abit out of this world but u do pay for what you get i guess
Where are you looking? the SP speedos are right in line with the tekin, lrps, etc.
price wise.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anybody know the rollout for a sp 10.5 in a gen x 1/12
Old 11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

irgo so what ure saying is that orion motors are good and speed passions can get there by modding them sounds pretty good.

and vr6cj look up the Novak GTB instructions id imagine they would be the same to the speed passion they give pretty clear instructions on using brushed motors on them. good luck with it. Also 13.5 compared to the 17t in the SC10 speed difference is alot but you do get alot more control out of it with the 17t. My SC10 has a 10.5 in it i beleive. its pretty hard to control i would hate so see with with a faster motor. ive got the slipper to the best setting after some ajustments and some good tires on the back help but thats for my track its pretty spread out mite be different for yours.
Anyway again Good luck

Catchyas
Thanks, I'll look at that to see. I have the pdf and instructions for the GT 1.1 but both of them dont show + or - on motor in the diagram or writing. lol. Great huh. Well I'm using a 10.5 and 13.5 in it now but want to use the 17t around for practice for my son. Thats why I'm asking.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Where are you looking? the SP speedos are right in line with the tekin, lrps, etc.
price wise.
im a tite ass alright

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Thanks, I'll look at that to see. I have the pdf and instructions for the GT 1.1 but both of them dont show + or - on motor in the diagram or writing. lol. Great huh. Well I'm using a 10.5 and 13.5 in it now but want to use the 17t around for practice for my son. Thats why I'm asking.
yer man i tell you what though those losi strikes, out of the box fast as! they got 12t stock rtr and its pretty darn quick except the bodies look terrible but they seem to have really good controlling short courses have come massive hit here in townsville we had 11 the other day and thats just a club meet. so much fun and carnage
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For those that are using boosters with 1S, are you removing the positive esc wire from the receiver? My Exige wont run with just the booster on and the positive rx wire unplugged so I've had them both switched on and it works fine. With the rx wire plugged in and the esc off it fried my booster (cheap ebay variety ). Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is there a problem with the SP software download? when I go to the SP site and go in the Apparel area then click the little blue square to download the software it gives me this massage do you want to save this file,or find a program online to open it. when I click find nothing happens
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
Is there a problem with the SP software download? when I go to the SP site and go in the Apparel area then click the little blue square to download the software it gives me this massage do you want to save this file,or find a program online to open it. when I click find nothing happens
choose save...
Old 11-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After you save, copy and paste it to the SP program folder. You should be good from there.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've seen that happen to me with different programs, I found it means I have already downloaded and it's saved in my target folder
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Or I just found out if you get that message you probly don't have a file compressor program like WinZip as soon as I downloaded the Compressor software it was a walk in the park so there is a note if anyone has the same problem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.