Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

So ny advice on getting the new Reventon PC interface to work? Downloaded v19 and its installed. Hook up the lcd programmer and its stuck on "Connecting PC" I get notta, no prompts or anything.

I have the older version for the gt2.1 and it works fine and I just used it. Just cant get the newer stuff to work. Win 7 64bit laptop
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

ah, guess you have to hook the esc up too, cant just use the lcd
Old 10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

ok, guys. So just uploaded the stock0 to my rev pro. Now the esc wont setup to calibrate or turn off unless I unplug it from battery. It funtions (ie motor runs and car works) and still takes updates with lcd programmer but now just wont setup or turn off.

Glitch in new software or what?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
So ny advice on getting the new Reventon PC interface to work? Downloaded v19 and its installed. Hook up the lcd programmer and its stuck on "Connecting PC" I get notta, no prompts or anything.

I have the older version for the gt2.1 and it works fine and I just used it. Just cant get the newer stuff to work. Win 7 64bit laptop
Make sure your LCD card is updated to the latest version, which is 2.4....if you don't know the card is updated or not, just update it again and load V2.4 onto the card....once the card is updated, you should be able to connect to the ESC without problem.

Again...when connect computer to LCD and to ESC, DO NOT CONNECT YOUR LIPO to the ESC like the old GT2 series. That will get you a quick way to buy a new computer.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Then your best bet will be with the reventon pro

I have the Reventon Pro already. Most of the racers in my area race blinky 17.5. I want to run mod and blinky 17.5 but just asking if the software is ready for blinky 17.5.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Make sure your LCD card is updated to the latest version, which is 2.4....if you don't know the card is updated or not, just update it again and load V2.4 onto the card....once the card is updated, you should be able to connect to the ESC without problem.

Again...when connect computer to LCD and to ESC, DO NOT CONNECT YOUR LIPO to the ESC like the old GT2 series. That will get you a quick way to buy a new computer.
I do have the lcd v2.4. ESC setup button will turn the esc on but thats it. Wont setup or turn off now
Old 10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I run the v3 21.5 spec motor at some races and another brand motor at others:
Is there a male bullet connector I can solder to the other brand motor so I can leave the speedpassion female connectors on my esc wires?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Is there a male bullet connector I can solder to the other brand motor so I can leave the speedpassion female connectors on my esc wires?
I need to check mine, but it might be just 3.5mm male bullet connectors.

They come in various lengths. These can be purchased online or other electronics retailers.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
You can get the QTEQ power terminals as well, they have a model for most motor types.
http://www.reflexracing.net/QTEQ-Pow...nals_c_76.html, it may work for what you need. I'm converting all my stuff to these for ease of swapping, etc.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a Reventon R and it seems to be very smooth and have great active braking as well as good boost, etc. The issue I'm seeing however is that it has almost no drag break at all even when set to the highest setting! I set it all the way up and it seems to slow down a little when I hold the car up and squeeze/let off but it doesn't slow down noticeably when letting off while driving the car.

I have not updated to the latest firmware, does it help with this? I can't seem to find a USB cable around the house since all my phones have switch to the new type, I'll go buy one this weekend.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

joeye they have told u that there is not problem for blinky it will run any motor
there was a hold up on stock1 softwear and it didnt surport 11.5-21.5t for boosted (which have tried in 13.5t and is fast so dont know what the meant by not ready) but the new release now cover 4.0-21.5t boosted class

hi xenolance i also run a r with 13.5t boosted and i have to much drag brake even with it off it might just be the motor u have eg gm2012 x12 motors i find nearly stop to a halt when letting off the throttle but fit my orca2 motor and it just rolls on
so if u have a different brand try and see if there is a change
Old 10-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default New LCD Card

Again...when connect computer to LCD and to ESC, DO NOT CONNECT YOUR LIPO to the ESC like the old GT2 series. That will get you a quick way to buy a new computer.[/B][/QUOTE]

To reiterate what Solara has said. DO NOT CONNECT COMPUTER TO LCD CARD AND STILL HAVE CONNECTION TO YOUR LIPO!!!
It IS a quick way to have the need to buy another LCD Card, at the very least!! Also, if you have a need to ask for advice on your new Reventon Pro, ask someone that has one and knows his way around it. Unfortunately for me he didn't. But based on Solara's other comment regarding an earlier esc, I now know why.
Still waiting to hear from SP customer service and King Golden.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

once you update your LCD box, you dont need to hook up the computer to change the boost functions, just hook up the LCD to the esc with no computer, this way to change settings you need your lipo connected, if you want to use your laptop to change settings, then DONT connect your lipo . for anyone who baught a reventon and just went and hooked it up, it says in the instructions to not connect your lipo when using USB connection to a laptop or PC.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
once you update your LCD box, you dont need to hook up the computer to change the boost functions, just hook up the LCD to the esc with no computer, this way to change settings you need your lipo connected, if you want to use your laptop to change settings, then DONT connect your lipo . for anyone who baught a reventon and just went and hooked it up, it says in the instructions to not connect your lipo when using USB connection to a laptop or PC.
You’re absolutely correct. However, when you assume that the person who is helping you (with initial set up) knows more than you, and doesn’t, this is what happens.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok, guys. So just uploaded the stock0 to my rev pro. Now the esc wont setup to calibrate or turn off unless I unplug it from battery. It funtions (ie motor runs and car works) and still takes updates with lcd programmer but now just wont setup or turn off.

Glitch in new software or what?
I do have the lcd v2.4. ESC setup button will turn the esc on but thats it. Wont setup or turn off now

A few notes:

Use a brand new profile on your radio to insure the settings are to default.
If using a Futaba radio you may need to reverse your throttle.

The ESC might be sensing some type of throttle input and not neutral.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.