R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #10216
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
It is. I have removed/installed four times now. Following your instructions. Once I re-install and connect everything it just keeps popping up do you want to connect to your esc. I click obviously....yes. It pops back up again. I click yes.....It pops up again. I click no.... Read. Read ok. Do you want to connect to your esc.....Yes. wait for it........Do you want to connect to your esc. Yes.

I've tried holding down value to have it "Connecting to the PC"
Hello Nolan,

Try This,

1. Uninstall V18 interface software
2. Uninstall anything that said SP, Reventon and SP lap under programs
3. Restart computer
4.Re-download V8 software
5.Install setup.exe
6. Install SpUsbInstaller.exe inside SpUsbDriver 6.6 folder
7. Make sure you say yes to everything windows ask you during install.
8. plug in the LCD card and got to Device manager, under ports it will shop Speed Passion Program Card(Com?)
9. unplug card and start interface software
10. At the main screen, hold the reset button on the lcd card and plugin the USB cable.
11. Update Firmware will show on middle left hand, update to V2.4.
12. Unplug after finish then replug.
13. Now connect ESC without BATTERY and any bare wire touching each other plus Cooling fan unpluged.

Thank you
SP CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #10217
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP CS View Post
Hello Nolan,

Try This,

1. Uninstall V18 interface software-Done
2. Uninstall anything that said SP, Reventon and SP lap under programs--Done
3. Restart computer--Did full reboot from last know good settings per windows
4.Re-download V8 software--Done
5.Install setup.exe--Done
6. Install SpUsbInstaller.exe inside SpUsbDriver 6.6 folder--Done
7. Make sure you say yes to everything windows ask you during install.--Always
8. plug in the LCD card and got to Device manager, under ports it will shop Speed Passion Program Card(Com?)--Com3
9. unplug card and start interface software---Done
10. At the main screen, hold the reset button on the lcd card and plugin the USB cable.---Done
11. Update Firmware will show on middle left hand, update to V2.4.---Yup
12. Unplug after finish then replug.---In Process
13. Now connect ESC without BATTERY and any bare wire touching each other plus Cooling fan unpluged.---In Process

Thank you
Working on step 11 again. The I will repeat 12. Then 13
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #10218
Tech Elite
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,032
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

So I see Much More has SP Reventon Pro clones out..... is this the case?
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #10219
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 183
Default

Yep I would say its a replica, shame
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #10220
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP CS View Post
Hello Nolan,

Try This,

1. Uninstall V18 interface software
2. Uninstall anything that said SP, Reventon and SP lap under programs
3. Restart computer
4.Re-download V8 software
5.Install setup.exe
6. Install SpUsbInstaller.exe inside SpUsbDriver 6.6 folder
7. Make sure you say yes to everything windows ask you during install.
8. plug in the LCD card and got to Device manager, under ports it will shop Speed Passion Program Card(Com?)
9. unplug card and start interface software
10. At the main screen, hold the reset button on the lcd card and plugin the USB cable.
11. Update Firmware will show on middle left hand, update to V2.4.
12. Unplug after finish then replug.
13. Now connect ESC without BATTERY and any bare wire touching each other plus Cooling fan unpluged.

Thank you


No Luck.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #10221
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,912
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Speedpassion manufacters them for much more just like the old fleta 3.0 which was a gt 2.0 pro.
__________________
Serpent project 4x
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #10222
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Does the reventon pro have a blinky mode and is it gonna be submitted for approval? Thanks.
"Stock0 ZERO TIMING "Stock - Blinky" software mainly used in USA. Also used in races such as ETS 2010-2012, TITC 2010-2012, and IIC (USA). (Roar approval pending)."

No specific time on when ROAR approval will be given or how long the process will take.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
Where can I find a 4.5R MMM motor? Looks like it is out of stock everywhere.
If you can't find a 4.5 MMM there is also the 4.5 V3 and V3 1cell versions. Both are excellent motors for onroad. They are also heavily discounted at this time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
No Luck.
Nolan,

Are you still experiencing issues? If so can you post the specs of you computer? Window XP, 7.0, other?

Thank you.
SP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #10223
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The weird part is that I can't even get the box to communicate with the esc at this point to change anything.
Windows 7

Asus 2.2 ghz 4gb ram, 64 bit, Service Pack 1
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #10224
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
The weird part is that I can't even get the box to communicate with the esc at this point to change anything.
Windows 7

Asus 2.2 ghz 4gb ram, 64 bit, Service Pack 1
i had the same issue with another laptop and i went under device manager with the card plugged in, clicked on it on the device manager then it gave me the choice to reinstall drivers i did and it works just fine now, i had to do it twice
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #10225
Tech Elite
 
kwiksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,384
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i had the same issue with another laptop and i went under device manager with the card plugged in, clicked on it on the device manager then it gave me the choice to reinstall drivers i did and it works just fine now, i had to do it twice
That's kinda what I did...
__________________
David Perez
Big thanks in 2016 to
Serpent/Desoto Racing - Jconcepts - Maclan Racing - Schelle Racing Innovations - Exotek Racing - Vision Racing Products - Reilley Motorsports - 92Zero Designs
kwiksi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #10226
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
That's kinda what I did...
Too bad all I have here are two other Mac computers.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #10227
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Too bad all I have here are two other Mac computers.
oh i could not get it to work at all with my mac's i dont think the mac was reading the file correctly i tried 2 of them.not even running windows in paralell
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #10228
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
oh i could not get it to work at all with my mac's i dont think the mac was reading the file correctly i tried 2 of them.not even running windows in paralell
Yup. I know I am waiting for someone...hint hint. To make a Mac program. I know for a fact I would have never been in this issue. My Mac doesn't crash or have program's freeze...but thats a whole new forum altogether. I guess I gotta track down Davitto or someone local to load up Stock0.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #10229
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,244
Default

Hope you have time to answer my PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
SP Tech and Sptech1 are the official Speed Passion USA support here in Rctech. Any question about our products, orders or anything....They will be here to answer. And myself will help to answer as well (I do need help, I can't answer 20-30 PM plus email everyday anymore)....
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #10230
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Yup. I know I am waiting for someone...hint hint. To make a Mac program. I know for a fact I would have never been in this issue. My Mac doesn't crash or have program's freeze...but thats a whole new forum altogether. I guess I gotta track down Davitto or someone local to load up Stock0.
In you Device Manager have you tried disabling and enable the USB port that you are using? This may reset everything in Windows 7 and allow you to start from the beginning.
SP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0