Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

I have a Gt2 pro and a 13.5 version 2 motor, can some one tell what timing comes as standard on the 13.5 motor and is there a max timing combo limit i.e motor timing 15 and esc timing 26 giving a total of 41 overal timing ?? what is the max timing timing combo recommended.
I will shortly be racing indoors on carpet with rubber tyres using the above combo in a xray 09. The track lay out will change weekly could one of the speed passion guys give me a base setup for my gt2. Many Thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The V2 motors do not have adjustable timing. I forget exactly what the stock fixed value is but I want to say 11*. I found it to be safe to go full timing on the speedo when I was running the V2 motors.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:29 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan Maker
Hey Daz,

Nar, put the timing back up to Max. I run all my Motors, 4.5, 4.0 on Max Timing, heaps faster this way

Ryan.
Cheers Ryan! nice to have someone get back/know what their talking about
Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default AMTS is not just Advanced Timing

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
irgo:
"and you know that SPGT 2.0LPF black carbon is 440A
then the SPGT 2.0LPF Blue Star Edition is mention 800A"

This is nothing more than a typing error. both are exactly the same, except for the color. Thanks for catching that, we'll get it corrected soon.

"IS AMTS work's automatically move to maximum on full throotle ?"

For competitive advantage purposes, we don't publicly explain what the speedo software/hardware is doing to achieve higher top speeds.

yep, hope those typing err correction will help speed passion to improove
something.

and so, this AMTS is not to be published how it work's,
what is the " multi " mean for,
Hobby wing never said AMTS, but just " timing " on programming.
speed passion said it was "AMTS "
ok, it it was Advanced Timing, but what is Multi mean ?

Is Multi mean more than like time shift as on Team wave does?
will it reach more than one timing when throttling ?
So it's like the time shift is always on...?
Attached Thumbnails The Speed Passion Thread-hwprogxerun2.jpg  

Last edited by irgo; 10-14-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default motor timin

hi, if i set the timing on the ver 3 13.5 motor to +10, how many teeth should i go down if im using 52 pinion?

thanks.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
what is the " multi " mean for,
Hobby wing never said AMTS, but just " timing " on programming.
speed passion said it was "AMTS "
ok, it it was Advanced Timing, but what is Multi mean ?
I find it easier to just install a ESC and run it at the factory settings, then try a change here and there and see if I like the changes I've made, I could care less how it works, I'm just happy it does.

But I'm thinking that maybe the Multi in AMTS means Multiple timing options, I'm probably wrong, but then again, I'm just a guy having fun playing with toy cars.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigz
hi, if i set the timing on the ver 3 13.5 motor to +10, how many teeth should i go down if im using 52 pinion?

thanks.
depends on what your timing was set at while using a 52T pinion. if this will be the first run on the new motor and if your old motor was a ver 2 13.5 then your probably safe where your at. just check temps every couple mintues to make sure
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think this was posted earlier, but does someone have a full breakdown of what each feature / setting does in layman's terms?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

not really a "full breakdown" but close enough and I probably have one or two wrong

1. running mode......
forward with brake, used for racing, no reverse
forward/rev with brake, used for general driving bashing. or practicing without corner marshalls

2. drag brake......
how much drag brake would you like.

3. low voltage cut off....
would you like to run you lipo till it dead or have the esc stop you from destroying your lipo. set it at a level your comfy with or where manufactor suggests

4.DRRS start mode....
punch. running high bite, turn it up, running low bite, turn it down

5. brake force....
adjust how strong a brake you have, if you have a radio with brake adjustment set it at 100 and use your radio.

6. reverse force.....
how fast do you want to go in reverse

7.initial brake force......
when you first start to move the trigger to brake position how strong or how much brake do you want.

8. neutral range.....
how sensitive do you want your trigger. move right off of center, or just a tad bit of play

9.AMTS timing.....
set the amount of timing you want in your motor

10. motor type....
what motor are you using, brushles? brushed? if using brushed do you wanted reverse or forward only

11.over heat protection.....
when you over gear your motor, would you like the esc to shut down so it doesn't burn up or are you cool with it smoking.

(got those off of a older program box that was laying about) I believe the new box has a setting for motor rotation which seems simple enough to figure out)
Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
That was a design mistake in the case, they are coming with a smoked case on the bottom so your able to see the LED's now.

Highly advised to NOT run both switches, it's a quick way to make your ESC go poof
so theyre gonna sell these smoked cases and u have to switch them yourself?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
I think this was posted earlier, but does someone have a full breakdown of what each feature / setting does in layman's terms?
Hope this can help.

If you have the pc software you can get info from the help file or press F1.
All the info is there.
If no pc software here it is.

Profile/Mode No :
User can restore 3 differ ESC settings/profile.

Profile Name :
User can create the name for each ESC setting profile.

Upgrade:
The status box will show current status - connect this PC interface with your ESC.

Which will puch to process the upgrade your select software to your connect ESC.

Device Type:
This show the type of ESC you are connect with.

Hardware Version:
This show the current hardware of your connect ESC.

Software Version:
This show the current software of your connect ESC.

Choice Version:
This show the type of software can be select,please make sure select the right ESC software to your ESC.

Running Mode:
With "Forward with Brake" mode, the car can go forward and brake, but cannot go backward,
this mode is suitable for competition; "Forward/Reverse with Brake" mode provides backward function, which is suitable for training, also forward / Reverse which suitable for rock crawler

Drag Brake Force:
Set the amount of drag brake applied at neutral throttle to simulate the slight braking effect of a neutral brushed motor
while coasting. The brag brake force can be adjust by each level or adjust by %.

Low Voltage Cut-Off:
The function is mainly to prevent the lithium battery pack from over discharging. When using lithium battery pack,
please set the suitable value for low-voltage protection as your like.
WARNING: Never use the default value "Non-protection" for lithium battery!
The ESC monitors the battery's voltage at any time, if the voltage is lower than the threshold, the output power will be cut off.

DRRS Mode:
"Digital Racing Response System - DRRS" Digital Racing Mode:
Select from "Level 1smooth" to "Level 9 aggressive" start mode as your like.
Higher number will provide more punch and more aggressive throttle response.
Please note that if you choose "Progressive or Aggressive" mode,
we strongly recommend you'd use good quality battery pack with powerful discharge ability;
otherwise these 2 modes will not give the effect you want.

Maximum Brake Force:
The ESC provides proportional brake function. The brake force is related to the position of the throttle stick.
Maximum brake force refers to the force when the throttle stick is located at the top point of the backward zone.
A very large brake force can shorten the brake time, but it may damage the gears.

Maximum Reverse Force:
Sets how much power will be applied in the reverse direction. Different value makes different reverse speed.

Initial Brake Force:
It is also called "minimum brake force", and it refers to the force when the throttle stick is located at the initial position of the backward zone.
The default value is equal to the drag brake force, so the brake effect can be very smooth.

Throttle Neutral Range:
Please see the following illustrations to adjust the neutral range as your like.

AMTS:
"Advanced Mutli Timing System - AMTS":
This parameter is only available for brushless motor. There are many differences among structures
and parameters of different brushless motors, so a fixed timing ESC is not ideal for all brushless motors.
It is necessary to make the timing value programmable.
Please select the most suitable timing value according to the motor you are using.
Generally, higher timing value brings out higher power output, but the whole efficiency of the system will be slightly lower.

Motor Type:
Select brushless or brushed motor according to the motor in your car.
WARNING: You must set this programmable item correctly according to the wiring method you are using. The Motor will only available for GT ESC series.

Over-Heat Protection:
If the function is activated, the output power will be cut-off when the temperature of the ESC is up to 95 Celsius degrees for more than 5 seconds. When the protection happens,
the Green LED will flash in such a way: "Flashes-----Flashes-----Flashes-----"

Motor Rotation:
Select motor rotation as anti-closewise(CCW),closewise(CW).

Lipo Cells:
For normal voltage ESC (supports 2-6 cells Lipo), the values are *Auto / 2S / 3S / 4S / 5S / 6S, the default is “Auto”; Note4
For high voltage ESC (supports 5-12 cells Lipo), the values are *Auto / 5S / 6S / 8S / 10S / 12S, the default is “Auto”.
This programmable item is available for lithium battery. In the startup process, the motor will emits several “Beep-” tones to represent the Lipo cells number, it is helpful for you to check whether it is coincident with the actual battery pack or not. Note5
Note4: If you choose “Auto”, the ESC may mistakenly judge the battery cells when the voltage is less than 3.7V/Cell, so we strongly suggest setting the “Lipo Cells” manually.
Note5: For high voltage ESC (supports 5 to 12 cells Lipo), when the motor emits the “Beep” tones to represents the cells number, a long “Beep—” tone = 5 short “Beep-” tone. So 5S = “Beep—”, 6S = ”Beep—Beep-” (1 long 1 short), 8S=”Beep—Beep-Beep-Beep-” (1 long 3 short), 10S= “Beep—Beep—” (2 long), 12S=”Beep—Beep—Beep-Beep-” (2 long 2 short). While for normal voltage ESC (supports 2 to 6 cells Lipo), we still use 5 short “Beep-” tones to represent 5S lipo, and 6 short “Beep-” tones to represent 6S lipo.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kriiiss
so theyre gonna sell these smoked cases and u have to switch them yourself?
Actually no, it's a running change in the case, the new ones will have the smoked case the older ones will not.

I've been begging Shawn to get us some extra cases for either sale or broken replacement but we have been unsuccessful in getting any.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Timing shift

the smoke case picture at least can you show us ?

im interested in esc firmware developer, will speed passion release one ?

i was looking for timing shift on the GT2
and wondering to adjust the timing shift
will speed passion had any suggestion which firmware that has timing shift.
such technology thing should be adopted by speed passion,
while the firmware are still under development today,

will speed passion had time shift ?

other thing is that we miss timing adjustment like brushed motor does,
brushed motor had abilities to do some timing adjustment while throtling.
perhaps timing shift is the only way, to have that feeling returned.
it just wont do that, since we have to unplug the signal cable from receiver, when programming/settings/adjustment.

timing shift.....
Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

dusted off the ole academy buggy, installed a GT 2.0 Lpf and SP 3.0 17.5 and wooped up on the 13.5 buggy last night. great power, smooth, and plenty fast.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
the smoke case picture at least can you show us ?

im interested in esc firmware developer, will speed passion release one ?

i was looking for timing shift on the GT2
and wondering to adjust the timing shift
will speed passion had any suggestion which firmware that has timing shift.
such technology thing should be adopted by speed passion,
while the firmware are still under development today,

will speed passion had time shift ?

other thing is that we miss timing adjustment like brushed motor does,
brushed motor had abilities to do some timing adjustment while throtling.
perhaps timing shift is the only way, to have that feeling returned.
it just wont do that, since we have to unplug the signal cable from receiver, when programming/settings/adjustment.

timing shift.....
How many times are you going to ask about time shift? Just because Tekin is doing it doesn't mean SP should. Seems to me that you have some issues with SP in that its not living up to what you want out of an esc. I am kind of new here but it seems to be my observation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.