R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #9631
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mrdad View Post
Hello, I just noticed this morning the 428 driver update, so I downloaded it thinking newer is better. I am just catching up on this thread, and I noticed that the software is intended for boost. I am running my GT2.0 in a TC6 17.5 blinky car. I am anticipating running at the On Road Paved Nationals. Do I need to reload the older software?

Also, would there be any advantage for me to upgrade to the New Option High Power Capacitor Part No.# EXT98802-C01.?

Thanks
No...within the lastest 1.38 update, there is a 508 no timing software inside that you can upload to your ESC, you don't need to use the old version.

Yes...that CAP is what we used for MOD and STOCK.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #9632
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
well he was running his with a 4 turn motor ......and i want this speedo for 17.5 boost so i cannot run 17.5 boost without buying that seperate box then?
Yes, you will need the LCD box to upload software...and you will need a computer.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #9633
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Stanfsu

I am trying to find a ESC to run USGT. Can i use the Reventon S - Blue?
Does this ESC have reverse?
Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #9634
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfsu View Post
I am trying to find a ESC to run USGT. Can i use the Reventon S - Blue?
Does this ESC have reverse?
Yes...it should, only if you are loading the blinky software = stock 0.

Reverse or not is depends on the software....only drift, rock crawler and mod 0 will have the reverse feature, however, if you are running USGT, must use stock 0 software and that has no reverse function.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #9635
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Radio calibration problem: Cirtix Club + Old Futaba FM

I did a quick search in this forum but didn't see any relevant answers. But if this has been answered before, I apologize.

I have an old (13 years or so) Futaba 3TPDF FM radio. My question is: Are old radios like this inoperable for use with the Speed Passion Cirtix?

The radio/receiver works fine with my old Novak Expolorer2 Brushed ESC + brushed motor + NiCd batteries. However, when I try to use it for the Cirtix, the esc doesn't detect throttle or brake during calibration. As a result, there is no forward or brake and the relevant LED's show that no signal is being detected. Steering works fine btw.

I've tried throttle servo reversing on the transmittrer. I've tried maxing out (also minimizing)the throttle ATV and brake, EXP as well. And also tried various combinations of motors, sensor wire in sensor wire out, different lipo batteries, etc. My theory is that the old radio just doesn't have a clearly defined neutral deadband like the new radios have and thus the esc doesn't "see" the change from full throttle to neutral to brake. But I was wondering if anyone else may have had this problem and if there was a fix.

I do have a brand new Futaba 3PMX that works fine with the Cirtix. However, I was hoping to use the old radio for my wife and/or son to play with for now.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Last edited by paul18t; 06-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.
paul18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #9636
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Cestaric
Default ESC Set Up

Hy guys,
new on eletrical world.

Can you please give me a reference to start with the ESC GT2 PRO (Stock driver instaled).

The intention is to use with a 10.5T Engine (LRP X-12) on a Serpent S411TE.

I have no idea of initial sets I have to choose on the LCD Card.

Thank you very much

Cestari

Special thanks to RCW tires and wheels
www.sebrasltda.com
Cestaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #9637
Tech Apprentice

Default Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC

Guys,
do you think I can use this ESC without fan cooler on a 1:12 Pan Car with 10.5T Sportsman V2 motor ? 2S is the batery I have intaled on it.

There is no space to the cooler unless I cut the body.

Thank you very much

Cestari

www.sebrasltda.com
Old 06-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #9638
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul18t View Post
I did a quick search in this forum but didn't see any relevant answers. But if this has been answered before, I apologize.

I have an old (13 years or so) Futaba 3TPDF FM radio. My question is: Are old radios like this inoperable for use with the Speed Passion Cirtix?

The radio/receiver works fine with my old Novak Expolorer2 Brushed ESC + brushed motor + NiCd batteries. However, when I try to use it for the Cirtix, the esc doesn't detect throttle or brake during calibration. As a result, there is no forward or brake and the relevant LED's show that no signal is being detected. Steering works fine btw.

I've tried throttle servo reversing on the transmittrer. I've tried maxing out (also minimizing)the throttle ATV and brake, EXP as well. And also tried various combinations of motors, sensor wire in sensor wire out, different lipo batteries, etc. My theory is that the old radio just doesn't have a clearly defined neutral deadband like the new radios have and thus the esc doesn't "see" the change from full throttle to neutral to brake. But I was wondering if anyone else may have had this problem and if there was a fix.

I do have a brand new Futaba 3PMX that works fine with the Cirtix. However, I was hoping to use the old radio for my wife and/or son to play with for now.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
It should work the same.....I have a 20 plus years old EX-9 that I let my 3 years old to use with her Ciritx, and it works fine....
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #9639
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cestaric View Post
Hy guys,
new on eletrical world.

Can you please give me a reference to start with the ESC GT2 PRO (Stock driver instaled).

The intention is to use with a 10.5T Engine (LRP X-12) on a Serpent S411TE.

I have no idea of initial sets I have to choose on the LCD Card.

Thank you very much

Cestari
There are some 10.5 motor setting under our setup page...

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp

Quote:
Guys,
do you think I can use this ESC without fan cooler on a 1:12 Pan Car with 10.5T Sportsman V2 motor ? 2S is the batery I have intaled on it.

Thank you very much

Cestari
Yes, it will be fine.....
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #9640
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Guys,

Thank you very much

Cestari
I'd say it depends on your rollout and your runtimes. In my 2WD buggy, I was not able to run a 4400 mAh pack in one go with a 17.5R without a fan. With a fan or with my LRP SXX it's no problem at all even with a 13.5R or in case of the SXX with a 7.5R motor. I use the standard sensor plate in all my Competition 3.0 motors, other plates will probably increase temperature.

You could also try to install a fan next to the ESC, maybe that helps, too.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #9641
Tech Apprentice

Hy Solara,
thanks for the anwser.
On the link you posted, there is just one 10.5T esc set up valid for GT 2.1ProStock. This is not exately the esc I'm using. My ESC is the GT2 PRO.
Can I assume the set up would be the same for both ?

Once again
Thank you for the support on it.

Cestari

www.sebrasltda.com
Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #9642
Tech Adept

All,

I have tried searching the tread but it seems to come up blank :-( can someone tell me if the MMM series of motors have a thermal sensor in them? The manual for a V3.0 states they do but the MMM doesn't mention it at all.

I'm looking to try out a new class and want the added protection

Cheers
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #9643
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hy Solara,
thanks for the anwser.
On the link you posted, there is just one 10.5T esc set up valid for GT 2.1ProStock. This is not exately the esc I'm using. My ESC is the GT2 PRO.
Can I assume the set up would be the same for both ?

Once again
Thank you for the support on it.

Cestari
Yes, that will work....there is one under the STOCK TC and one under MOD TC...
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #9644
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDunky View Post
All,

I have tried searching the tread but it seems to come up blank :-( can someone tell me if the MMM series of motors have a thermal sensor in them? The manual for a V3.0 states they do but the MMM doesn't mention it at all.

I'm looking to try out a new class and want the added protection

Cheers
It depends on how you asked the question....if you want to prevent the motor from overheating because of too much timing/boost from the ESC or from the end bell's over timing, the thermal sensor within the motor will NOT going to protect you from burning the motor.

So...the answer is kinda like NO. There are no feature like motor thermal protection, we cannot protect motor overheating due to over timing, over gearing and or under gearing.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #9645
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
It depends on how you asked the question....if you want to prevent the motor from overheating because of too much timing/boost from the ESC or from the end bell's over timing, the thermal sensor within the motor will NOT going to protect you from burning the motor.

So...the answer is kinda like NO. There are no feature like motor thermal protection, we cannot protect motor overheating due to over timing, over gearing and or under gearing.
Hi, no I'm asking if the MMM still has a thermal sensor in it? my ESC can protect motors burning out by using this sensor until I get the right gear timing sorted in testing

Thanks
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote