Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
We are phasing out the 1S version and have the MMM to replace the 1S. V3 Competition version will still be there for the spec level of racing. For anything else, it is all MMM.

The reason why 17.5 are out is...(1) Special material like the ROTOR raised 3X the price since last year. (2) Beside USA, alot of other country are adapting 17.5 as a stock or slower class and this class is heavily popular and demand are high. (3) MFR are way behind their schedule that is totally out of our control.

Only in NORWAY? LOL...QC is always a concern especailly we are talking about ESC that if used heavily, it will burn. But I believe those are individual cases, that happened to any ESC and any one. We are continuously updating the software and hardware and keep making sure the REVENTON ESC that coming in USA are up to the standard, at least, my standard. The past 3 months I have turned over at least 4 different version of REVENTON and that is the reason why there is a delay. If they are not up to my standard, I won't let it run in USA.

We are mainly concentrated on the ZERO TIMING software and hardware of the ESC and I have to make sure ROAR is align with us (they are very close to be approved) but over in Europe they are mainly run on MOD and BOOST application which it is alot easier to get the ESC fried...
I thought it was ironic also... besides what conditions are they running it under? Probably deliberately into the ground to see what it can handle. I prefer to ask you (who has always been honest, and attack questions head on.) That is the reason I will continue to support SpeedPassion. Your customer service is light years above the rest.

I had no clue about the motors. Can we expect a price increase due to your increased cost? If so, How much can we expect?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Solara,

Thank you for the quick reply...
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
I thought it was ironic also... besides what conditions are they running it under? Probably deliberately into the ground to see what it can handle. I prefer to ask you (who has always been honest, and attack questions head on.) That is the reason I will continue to support SpeedPassion. Your customer service is light years above the rest.

I had no clue about the motors. Can we expect a price increase due to your increased cost? If so, How much can we expect?
No...not a dime more on price. But, in order to keep the price the same, we have to come up with a higher amount of orders, when we placed the high amount of orders, it take time to get it fabricated. I am doing my best to fight for the quantities of the MMM motor against other countries like Europe and Japan, but I am going my best to bring them in...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

quick question, does speed passion make a 1/10 scale esc that can handle a 2.5 turn motor?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Serpent Guy
quick question, does speed passion make a 1/10 scale esc that can handle a 2.5 turn motor?
GT2 pro can run 2.5T if you are not running boost.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

GT2 pro can run 2.5T if you are not running boost.
what would be better the 2.1 prostock or competition?

and whats the difference between the two?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

prostock you're only supposed to run up to a 5.5t (non-boosted).
Old 05-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chief
Guy's

I'm goint to be running 17.5 blinky in my TC6. I just wanted to double check that I will need to buy the LCD program box to install the 508 blinky software
right? Does the HobbyWing 2in1 LCD program box work also?
Thanks.
I bought the Hobbywing Program Box. Which software do I download for blinky? I don't see anything that says 508 on the SP site.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You would need the GT 2.0 Pro (120A).
Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

No...not a dime more on price. But, in order to keep the price the same, we have to come up with a higher amount of orders, when we placed the high amount of orders, it take time to get it fabricated. I am doing my best to fight for the quantities of the MMM motor against other countries like Europe and Japan, but I am going my best to bring them in...
I found some 17.5r MMMs on Amainhobbies...

Solara, I was wondering, the ceramic bearings are sold in single pieces, but doesnt the motor take 2? Is there a reason they are sold in single parts?

Also any rotor avail for the 17.5r MMM? I need more powah!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

I found some 17.5r MMMs on Amainhobbies...

Solara, I was wondering, the ceramic bearings are sold in single pieces, but doesnt the motor take 2? Is there a reason they are sold in single parts?

Also any rotor avail for the 17.5r MMM? I need more powah!
You buy that motor ASAP....we don't even have any.

If we sell the bearing in pair, we will charge you double...LOL

We are selling it in single package because we can sell them for those who need just 1 for replacement....if you need 2, just buy 2 package. No specific reason why you just need 1 instead of 2...you will need 2.

For ROTOR...only if you have a big track, try the SUPER 7 silver purple rotor, that is the ONLY optional rotor that I will use beside the stock MMM 17.5 black purple.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...S13802NA&c=MTR
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

You buy that motor ASAP....we don't even have any.

If we sell the bearing in pair, we will charge you double...LOL

We are selling it in single package because we can sell them for those who need just 1 for replacement....if you need 2, just buy 2 package. No specific reason why you just need 1 instead of 2...you will need 2.

For ROTOR...only if you have a big track, try the SUPER 7 silver purple rotor, that is the ONLY optional rotor that I will use beside the stock MMM 17.5 black purple.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...S13802NA&c=MTR
I bought and paid before I posted.

What are the benefits of the super 7?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

I bought and paid before I posted.

What are the benefits of the super 7?
You said you need more powah You get more powah then....but only if you have a big enough track to stretch it.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

You said you need more powah You get more powah then....but only if you have a big enough track to stretch it.
true...As far as the power goes, is it more punch, or overall?

Also I am assuming the MMM comes with a stainless bearing and that is why you sell the ceramic, (as an upgrade.) or are the ceramic just a replacement?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

true...As far as the power goes, is it more punch, or overall?

Also I am assuming the MMM comes with a stainless bearing and that is why you sell the ceramic, (as an upgrade.) or are the ceramic just a replacement?
overall power increased by a little...

Ceramic are optional bearing...stock bearings on the motor are not ceramic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.