R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #9301
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi there,

I am the new owner of a SP gp2.1 Pro stock esc and just wanted to make sure I made an ok choice before I open it.

I am planning to run 2wd buggy and truck 17.5 blinky (no timing or boost) on the esc. Do I have to change any software settings out of the box? Do I have to buy anything additional to set it to blinky mode? I read through the thread for a while but thought this might be an easier way.

I am really looking forward to trying this thing out. I am coming from a tekin rs pro
__________________
Losi 22
Losi 22T
Kyosho Ultima Sc-R
The Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #9302
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

You do have to buy a program box to get the blinky software on there yes.
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #9303
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
You do have to buy a program box to get the blinky software on there yes.
Yeah yeah we know ,

Are you just going to post this on every page ?????
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #9304
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

Sidecarphil1,

Obviously the guy/girl did not find his/her answer in the previous posting so I was answering his/her question, you can keep your comments to yourself if your not helping the situation.
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #9305
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
Sidecarphil1,

Obviously the guy/girl did not find his/her answer in the previous posting so I was answering his/her question, you can keep your comments to yourself if your not helping the situation.
and your comments were helping !!!!!

I have helped a lot of people out on the forum
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #9306
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

I am not going to get into a heated exchange with you he asked the question I answered the question. How are you helping by trying to call me out on what I said previously about SP not informing people that they need to buy extra items. If you thought I would out of line you should have pmed me then we could have spoken about it but to try to call me out here is truly ridiculous.

The Proffitt,

To update the speedo your going to need this item

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...=SPLCD01&c=OPT
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #9307
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,602
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quick question. For someone looking to run 1/12th 13.5 Blinky and Boosted, which SP motor would be the best choice? the 13.5 V3 MMM or the 13.5 V3 1Cell spec?
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #9308
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Quick question. For someone looking to run 1/12th 13.5 Blinky and Boosted, which SP motor would be the best choice? the 13.5 V3 MMM or the 13.5 V3 1Cell spec?
1S 13.5 is lighter then the MMM 13.5.....that is the choice for 12th scale.

However, MMM has 10* more timing then the 1S because it came with the red sensor board (adjust from 11* -20*) but you can still purchase the red sensor board and add that onto the 1S version of 13.5 V3.

Both are good choice for 12th scale...
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #9309
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Just wondering what u guys are using for a esc setup for a 2wd buggy med sizxed med bite outdoor track with a 8.5 Thanks. Im running a ultima rb5 sp2. Thanks.
Im using the gt 2.0
Plenty of setup for 7.5/8.5 here. Look under 1/10th 2WD buggy.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp?page=2&t=1
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #9310
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,602
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Any suggestions with rotor options with 1 Cell 17.5 and 13.5 Blinky in these motors? (I already have a 17.5 1 Cell I run with the stock purple rotor).
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #9311
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,915
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Just wondering what u guys are using for a esc setup for a 2wd buggy med sizxed med bite outdoor track with a 8.5 Thanks. Im running a ultima rb5 sp2. Thanks.
Im using the gt 2.0
I use Jorns setup on my Durango DEX210 w/ 2.0 lpf and 8.5t V3 comp

205MOD software
1.) Forward w/brake
2.) 12% drag
3.) 2.8V / cell
4.) Level 6..... I do change this depending on the track conditions / size
5.) 100%
6.) 25%
7.) 0%
8.) 6%
9.) 26.25*
10.) No Protection
Gearing: 8.8 FDR
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #9312
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
I am not going to get into a heated exchange with you he asked the question I answered the question. How are you helping by trying to call me out on what I said previously about SP not informing people that they need to buy extra items. If you thought I would out of line you should have pmed me then we could have spoken about it but to try to call me out here is truly ridiculous.

The Proffitt,

To update the speedo your going to need this item

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...=SPLCD01&c=OPT
Thanks!!! I just ordered the gt2.0 pro instead........it was only 12 bucks more and I have to change it anyway. Think that was smart? I hope so..........my refund will not be in for ten days I guess and they wouldnt just change the order and charge me the difference. I just had to cancel and re order. no biggie......I just hope it goes smooth
__________________
Losi 22
Losi 22T
Kyosho Ultima Sc-R
The Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #9313
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proffitt View Post
Thanks!!! I just ordered the gt2.0 pro instead........it was only 12 bucks more and I have to change it anyway. Think that was smart? I hope so..........my refund will not be in for ten days I guess and they wouldnt just change the order and charge me the difference. I just had to cancel and re order. no biggie......I just hope it goes smooth
That is a good choice....thank you Doug.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #9314
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
That is a good choice....thank you Doug.
Thanks! I always like confirmation when I am not familiar other than what I read about the product. I race off road 2wd and again was searching the thread and the SP website for a good starting profile but all I found were boosted. Is there anything else I would want to change other than the timing and boost back to 0? Or is there a software version that is just for blinky mode? Thanks for your help
__________________
Losi 22
Losi 22T
Kyosho Ultima Sc-R
The Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #9315
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proffitt View Post
Thanks! I always like confirmation when I am not familiar other than what I read about the product. I race off road 2wd and again was searching the thread and the SP website for a good starting profile but all I found were boosted. Is there anything else I would want to change other than the timing and boost back to 0? Or is there a software version that is just for blinky mode? Thanks for your help
You need the LCD programmer card, then upload the software named 508_no_timing, then you will have the BLINKY mode software that is legal to race everywhere when the class is running in no timing mode/blinky.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0