R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #9106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I will have to try that myself...yes, it is kinda extreme (everything max out) but I think I have quite alot of motor and ESC that I can try to blow up. Or...I can win with that setup.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #9107
Tech Rookie

Hi folk's,

I currently run a TC with SP 2.1 ProStock ESC/13.5 using the 323 software. My club want to run a few races with no turbo/boost. Is there a way to disable it in 323 or do I have to load in the 'blinky' s/w?

Thanks for any info
Frankgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #9108
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankgw View Post
Hi folk's,

I currently run a TC with SP 2.1 ProStock ESC/13.5 using the 323 software. My club want to run a few races with no turbo/boost. Is there a way to disable it in 323 or do I have to load in the 'blinky' s/w?

Thanks for any info
You have to load the blinky version called 508_no_timing onto the ESC. The ESC will have a blinking RED LIGHT showing it is running the no timing software.

Turning off all the timing and boost on 323stock does not make it a no timing software....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #9109
Tech Rookie

WOW, thanks Solara for the very quick reply!

I thought that would be the answer, nevermind.

Cheers
Frankgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #9110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I will have to try that myself...yes, it is kinda extreme (everything max out) but I think I have quite alot of motor and ESC that I can try to blow up. Or...I can win with that setup.
Usually I run 150acc, 2k start. But for some weird reason, the motor didn't get hot so I tried more aggressive. I run one 30mm yeah racing tornado fan behind the motor. This was on a flowy track, gooped with vht I believe and we ran sweep 40 og.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #9111
Tech Adept

I am running Cirtix Club Sport and MMM 13.5T in my 1/5 rc bike. These are the ruled electronics for the 2012 RC Bike Worlds.
Bike is TT SB-5, preparing for the Warm Up (May) and Worlds (August) to be held at Road Race Riccione, in Italy.

I kinda read all posts regarding the sensor boards on the MMM motors but I have a couple of questions:
Motor came with red sensor board (+20).
If I change to Green sensor board (+30) does it mean that when I move endbell to +20 it will be +30 with this board?
Also there's a +40 board, does this mean at max it will be +40 and lowest +30 or +20?!
Will it be dangerous (temp-wise) for the motor, considering the main race will be in the end of August at a very hot area. Right now, with stock red sensor board, temps are around 40-45C, ambient 18-21C.
Motor space in the bike chassis is really tight to add cooling fins, but a small ESC fan could be squeezed in the chassis somewhere to try and blow some cool on the motor...

Any insight will be much appreciated!
TIA

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #9112
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Usually I run 150acc, 2k start. But for some weird reason, the motor didn't get hot so I tried more aggressive. I run one 30mm yeah racing tornado fan behind the motor. This was on a flowy track, gooped with vht I believe and we ran sweep 40 og.
In touring car, that is unnecessary, especially on a flowing track. You would probably find that the car is faster with more conservative settings, since the motor is probably bogging down with "too much timing, too soon" in the powerband.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #9113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
In touring car, that is unnecessary, especially on a flowing track. You would probably find that the car is faster with more conservative settings, since the motor is probably bogging down with "too much timing, too soon" in the powerband.
Maybe, I tried more conservative settings when I just got the motor and this motor just didn't seem to like it. It was heaps faster with aggressive settings.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #9114
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
I am running Cirtix Club Sport and MMM 13.5T in my 1/5 rc bike. These are the ruled electronics for the 2012 RC Bike Worlds.
Bike is TT SB-5, preparing for the Warm Up (May) and Worlds (August) to be held at Road Race Riccione, in Italy.

I kinda read all posts regarding the sensor boards on the MMM motors but I have a couple of questions:
Motor came with red sensor board (+20).
If I change to Green sensor board (+30) does it mean that when I move endbell to +20 it will be +30 with this board?
Also there's a +40 board, does this mean at max it will be +40 and lowest +30 or +20?!
Will it be dangerous (temp-wise) for the motor, considering the main race will be in the end of August at a very hot area. Right now, with stock red sensor board, temps are around 40-45C, ambient 18-21C.
Motor space in the bike chassis is really tight to add cooling fins, but a small ESC fan could be squeezed in the chassis somewhere to try and blow some cool on the motor...

Any insight will be much appreciated!
TIA
The RED board that came with MMM motor is +10 (not +20). +10 that means 10* and more...= +11 to +20* timing on motor can.

If mounting the Green board, that is +20* = +21 to +30*
Yellow board . +30*= +31-40*
Blue board. +40* = +41-50*

I really don't think you can take that much timing for your RC bike especially if you are running the MMM 13.5. I think the GREEN board (21-30*) is the most that you can use on your bike and for the no timing 13.5 MMM motor...

The +30 and +40 board are very good option for the 17.5 and 21.5 motor.

P.S...US customer/drivers, we are waiting for the official approval about these sensor, they are not available in USA for purchase....yet.

Last edited by Solara; 03-23-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #9115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Maybe, I tried more conservative settings when I just got the motor and this motor just didn't seem to like it. It was heaps faster with aggressive settings.
^ He did win a State Titles Event with those settings, I would listen to him

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #9116
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
The RED board that came with MMM motor is +10 (not +20). +10 that means 10* and more...= +11 to +20* timing on motor can.

If mounting the Green board, that is +20* = +21 to +30*
Yellow board . +30*= +31-40*
Blue board. +40* = +41-50*

I really don't think you can take that much timing for your RC bike especially if you are running the MMM 13.5. I think the GREEN board (21-30*) is the most that you can use on your bike and for the no timing 13.5 MMM motor...

The +30 and +40 board are very good option for the 17.5 and 21.5 motor.

P.S...US customer/drivers, we are waiting for the official approval about these sensor, they are not available in USA for purchase....yet.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Actually, the Cirtix CS and the MMM 13.5T motor are the only electronics allowed in Stock class for the RC Bike Worlds for '12 and '13, besides some other limitations (weight limit, no front brake etc).
There is also a Nitro class and a Superbike class, which is open, meaning everything is allowed, as long as it's a "540-sized" motor!
Last year at Lostallo, the SBK's ran up to 120 km/h (75 mph), Stocks up to 80-85 km/h (50-52 mph) and Nitros about as fast as the Stock.
And after all this talk about sensors, I think it's not allowed to change the sensor that came with the motor!!!!

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #9117
Tech Adept

Default GT V2.1 EX Brushless ESC - Carbon black suitable for off road

Is the GT V2.1 EX Brushless ESC - Carbon black suitable for off road my best choice for a b44.1 mod. running an LRP x12 6.5T. And do I also need to buy the fan and lcd pro card to hook it up to my laptop. Is there any other leads or parts I'll need to buy that don't come with it.
Team Associated
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #9118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lee View Post
Is the GT V2.1 EX Brushless ESC - Carbon black suitable for off road my best choice for a b44.1 mod. running an LRP x12 6.5T. And do I also need to buy the fan and lcd pro card to hook it up to my laptop. Is there any other leads or parts I'll need to buy that don't come with it.
The GT 2.0 Pro is the top ESC Speed Passion sells at this time. The one you mentioned is really good, but since you said "best" I'd say the 2.0 Pro would be the one.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #9119
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
The GT 2.0 Pro is the top ESC Speed Passion sells at this time. The one you mentioned is really good, but since you said "best" I'd say the 2.0 Pro would be the one.
Cheers since posting this I had some insight from other threads and decided the gt pro 2.0 is the way I'll be goin.
Team Associated
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #9120
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Solara, I was watching F1 last night and saw a Reventon in the parking lot and it linked a thought...

Will the Reventon be TCS/ROAR legal? Reason I am asking is, what is to stop someone from having a friend/family member/"pitcrew" change settings mid-race(while the driver is concentrating on the race? (example, I need more boost later in the race, or I need to conserve power or I can change timing because my esc temps are much lower than expected)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote