R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #8911
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I have that removed. I do not want to have that listed when the ESC is not even release in USA yet. Stay tuned....
Sorry if I missed if I missed it but is there an ETA on the release on the Reventon R or S?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #8912
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
Default

Does anyone know if the reventon speedos will work with 1s lipo and a voltage booster?
__________________
http://rcgtpancars.blogspot.com/
chris_blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #8913
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kapiti, New Zealand
Posts: 133
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 21.5 boosted setup help.

Hey guys.

Im after a little advice on what would be a good starting point for 21.5 boosted on med outdoor asphalt tracks 30-40 meter main straight with semi tech infield. I live in New Zealand and its our summer race season at the moment. We had our Nationals a few weeks back and I smoked my 1 cell motor in the 3rd qualifier after qualifying 5th for the A main. The annoying thing was that my 2.1 prostock esc gave up when the motor did and I never got to start the mains. Not all that happy with that and 3 other guys smoked their 1 cell motors at the same event. My mate even smoked 2! There are questions on our local rc forums from guys questioning whether the 1 cell motors are capable of handling the boost in tc racing. It may be just down to gearing or what ever but I tried all weekend to get the temps down and couldn't get the motor under 90 deg C. Any help would be much appreciated as I have another event in 2 weeks time and am keen to get a good finish this time.

Last edited by Bumpy; 02-18-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: additional info.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #8914
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
Hey guys.

Im after a little advice on what would be a good starting point for 21.5 boosted on med outdoor asphalt tracks 30-40 meter main straight with semi tech infield. I live in New Zealand and its our summer race season at the moment. We had our Nationals a few weeks back and I smoked my 1 cell motor in the 3rd qualifier after qualifying 5th for the A main. The annoying thing was that my 2.1 prostock esc gave up when the motor did and I never got to start the mains. Not all that happy with that and 3 other guys smoked their 1 cell motors at the same event. My mate even smoked 2! There are questions on our local rc forums from guys questioning whether the 1 cell motors are capable of handling the boost in tc racing. It may be just down to gearing or what ever but I tried all weekend to get the temps down and couldn't get the motor under 90 deg C. Any help would be much appreciated as I have another event in 2 weeks time and am keen to get a good finish this time.
Just get a normal v3, ran mine for about a year and it still hasn't popped. The sensor board however died though. This is for 17.5t
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #8915
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

post wha your set up was i use a 1 cell in boosted racing also along with the new MMM 17.5 motors.
the other guy here has also used the 1 cell motors 3.5 and have had very little troubles, i was smoking motors a while ago and it had everything to do with the programming in the speedy.
i race on a large open asphalt track MMM geared at 5.2 with the 323 software with a GT2.1 speedy
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #8916
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kapiti, New Zealand
Posts: 133
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ok. What I had in the esc(2.1) when the motor smoked was,

Drag brake. 0
DRRS. 9
Brake force. 75%
Rev. force. 75%
Initial brake. 0%
Neutral range. 6%
Boost timing. 40 deg
Turbo slope. 18 deg
Overheat protection. on
Turbo timing. 36 deg
Boost start rpm. 2000
Turbo delay. 0.2
Timing acc. 350.

With this setup I was running 6.8 fdr and the motor was mostly coming off at 60-80 degrees Celsius depending on ambient temp. I used to run the standard comp v3 motors but they always got hot quick too so when the 1 cell motors were released the change was very easy. I have run this motor for around 3 months with no problem on a bigger track running the same esc settings and fdr so am at a bit of a loss as to why it didn't like the last track.

Last edited by Bumpy; 02-19-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: additional info.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #8917
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,808
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
With this setup I was running 6.8 fdr and the motor was mostly coming off at 60-80 degrees Celsius depending on ambient temp.
6.8 with boosted 21.5? Seems very short - plenty of guys are running low 5 FDR's with 17.5...
__________________
T4 | X1 | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #8918
Tech Fanatic
 
TeamWTF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I smoked a 1 cell motor... First motor that I have ever fried (racing 17.5 timed for around 1.5yrs)

Was very surprised, the motor was coming around 75c each run (hot, but not just a club meet so why not?) I usually run motors in the mid 70's . I had a duo 3 for a year that would happily run at that temp.

I think they are a little fragile, hence the light weight.
It was pretty quick though I'll give it that much.

Now have a MMM to strap in. Hope it runs a little cooler.
__________________
T.O.P. Racing Australia www.topracing.net.au
TeamWTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #8919
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
Ok. What I had in the esc(2.1) when the motor smoked was,

Drag brake. 0
DRRS. 9
Brake force. 75%
Rev. force. 75%
Initial brake. 0%
Neutral range. 6%
Boost timing. 40 deg
Turbo slope. 18 deg
Overheat protection. on
Turbo timing. 36 deg
Boost start rpm. 2000
Turbo delay. 0.2
Timing acc. 350.

With this setup I was running 6.8 fdr and the motor was mostly coming off at 60-80 degrees Celsius depending on ambient temp. I used to run the standard comp v3 motors but they always got hot quick too so when the 1 cell motors were released the change was very easy. I have run this motor for around 3 months with no problem on a bigger track running the same esc settings and fdr so am at a bit of a loss as to why it didn't like the last track.
i have been using the 3.5T 1 cell motors, as well as the V3. MMM i had issues with , so ill stick to V3 from now on. i still have all 3 of my 1 cell motors, they are fast. magnets are stronger also. so you went form large track to smaller track. i guess your using more brakes due to smaller technical track. this will always create more heat straight away. we have here a large open track , and Stock is quite cut throat here. Tekin dominates.

But..... today things changed. it was 35C ambient temp, a day where normally motors are always at their limit, track temp in the Mid 50's. i have done a bit of testing of late with one of the stock drivers to help get the situation sorted for 17.5 boosted. i found the 528 software to be fast. with 323, a hotter day, drop the ACC timing down, this is the make or break setting we have found from being stable, to Smoke. we are running the 528 just about Maxed out and today we saw temps at 65 C after 6 mins. FDR was 4.11 and just about set a new 6 min time for Stock. Motor timing we backed off all the way , 0-10 board. car was fast, and temps were stable as. other setups were running well into the 90's.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #8920
Tech Adept
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

hello there

im thinking to buy a new motor for 2012 ashpalt session, in my mind, V3 MMM is one of the top choice, compare to thunder power z3r, orca RX2, which one is suitable for 10.5t boosted? currently im playing at big track with speed and tactical flow and the speedo is Orca MKII Pro Spec.

thanks
__________________
Team Max EP Terengganu.
Kuala Terengganu Radio Control Club.
Joy and Passion, its all about.
Ariel Reds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #8921
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 616
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

I am looking for a new 21.5 for running blinky 1/12th scale. Would the V3 or V3 1s or even the MMM V3 be better for this application. I understand I might have to buy a sensor board to get +20 or +30 timing. Would the +30 be the obvious choice for 1/12 blinky? I'm a little behind the curve on latest motor stuff.
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #8922
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
Ok. What I had in the esc(2.1) when the motor smoked was,

Drag brake. 0
DRRS. 9
Brake force. 75%
Rev. force. 75%
Initial brake. 0%
Neutral range. 6%
Boost timing. 40 deg
Turbo slope. 18 deg
Overheat protection. on
Turbo timing. 36 deg
Boost start rpm. 2000
Turbo delay. 0.2
Timing acc. 350.

With this setup I was running 6.8 fdr and the motor was mostly coming off at 60-80 degrees Celsius depending on ambient temp. I used to run the standard comp v3 motors but they always got hot quick too so when the 1 cell motors were released the change was very easy. I have run this motor for around 3 months with no problem on a bigger track running the same esc settings and fdr so am at a bit of a loss as to why it didn't like the last track.
I would change a few settings I run on a large track I would give more boost and less turbo at the moment you over and the timing will not exceed 64 degrees set your boost 45 and turbo at 18 your start RPM is quiet low I am running mine at 4000 rpm at 350 I run my turbo slope at 12 when I get to my computer I send you some info to to test and try I have been having great success with the MMM motors so far with very little trouble with the 323 software like Patto also mentioned the stock 528 is very strong also
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #8923
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
I would change a few settings I run on a large track I would give more boost and less turbo at the moment you over and the timing will not exceed 64 degrees set your boost 45 and turbo at 18 your start RPM is quiet low I am running mine at 4000 rpm at 350 I run my turbo slope at 12 when I get to my computer I send you some info to to test and try I have been having great success with the MMM motors so far with very little trouble with the 323 software like Patto also mentioned the stock 528 is very strong also
mattwoodcraft, could you also please send me your settings? i race a boosted trinity d-3 17.5 at a large track here in calif, and would like to see what the differences are. my friend fried his motor on his last run, and we may be just a bit too much timing with the 323 app.


thank you, rich
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #8924
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Sorry if I missed if I missed it but is there an ETA on the release on the Reventon R or S?
Anyone?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #8925
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
I would change a few settings I run on a large track I would give more boost and less turbo at the moment you over and the timing will not exceed 64 degrees set your boost 45 and turbo at 18 your start RPM is quiet low I am running mine at 4000 rpm at 350 I run my turbo slope at 12 when I get to my computer I send you some info to to test and try I have been having great success with the MMM motors so far with very little trouble with the 323 software like Patto also mentioned the stock 528 is very strong also
after the weekend Matt, the 528 is the way to go hands down.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0