The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redko
HI Guys,

Was thinking of changing my E.S.C and i saw the new Speed Passion Reventon R esc.

was wandering if anyone of you guys using it already??
I don't think this is out yet, is it? I'm interested in trying it as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Reventon has not been released yet.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Thank you for the info.

Do your ESCs need an External BEC or GLitch capacitor when used on 2S in a 4x4 SCT?
Nope....
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ops.

okok.. thanks for the info.

Guess I got to wait till it's release.. but from the look i do like the size of this speedo..
Old 02-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

HI Guys,

Was thinking of changing my E.S.C and i saw the new Speed Passion Reventon R esc.

was wandering if anyone of you guys using it already?? any comments on this e.s.c as compared the the GT V2.1 ??

I will be using this e.s.c mainly for 13.5T n 17.5T Turbo racing.

Thanks in Advance !
Available Here - http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=19308
Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so very tempted to purchase one and very well priced also
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kdempsey
I don't think they are actually in stock.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

With the Reventon series of ESC's, the bluetooth settings adapter. Will that only work with Android or will it allow you to connect to a PC as well?
Old 02-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
With the Reventon series of ESC's, the bluetooth settings adapter. Will that only work with Android or will it allow you to connect to a PC as well?
You will be able to connect to it via iPhone/iPad/Android, as well as PC connections still.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
For the Reventon S and R...it will come with a programmer card that has a USB connection, that you can connect to window base program via computer and do all the adjustment like the old time (yes, including firmware upgrade/update). But this time, no more LCD card cause the card that come with the ESC will connect to the computer, free of charge.

Only ESC that does not come with the programmer card is the STOCK CLUB RACE version (just like the old one). But this time the STOCK CLUB RACE version of ESC can be adjust without the programming card. via the on board button on the ESC.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
For the Reventon S and R...it will come with a programmer card that has a USB connection, that you can connect to window base program via computer and do all the adjustment like the old time (yes, including firmware upgrade/update). But this time, no more LCD card cause the card that come with the ESC will connect to the computer, free of charge.

Only ESC that does not come with the programmer card is the STOCK CLUB RACE version (just like the old one). But this time the STOCK CLUB RACE version of ESC can be adjust without the programming card. via the on board button on the ESC.
Solara, what firmware are these reventon speedies running?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the Info..

Can the program of the Reventon R be adjusted in finer details such as: turbo timing, punch level, etc??

hmm.. I am very tempted by it..
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara

My understanding is that to get the wireless option you have to now purchase the wireless module is this correct and how much will this box cost us now? I guess the good thing is if you don't want the wireless option then you still get the box to make changes and do software upgrades included instead of having to purchase that separately like before.

I am interested but I would like to know total costs upfront instead of being blind sided like with the product this is replacing.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by defcone
Solara, what firmware are these reventon speedies running?
Reventon S and Stock Club Race...STOCK"0", aka blinky

Reventon R.....MOD "0" (mod no boost software)

Reventon PRO............secret stuff, new software with boost.

Boost software for Reventon S and R are in testing, I am not sure it will be out when the ESC are released, but it will be soon after.

P.S...GT series of software cannot be cross-over to the REVENTON series ESC. They are not compatible.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the Info..

Can the program of the Reventon R be adjusted in finer details such as: turbo timing, punch level, etc??

hmm.. I am very tempted by it..
Yes, eventually....once the Turbo/boost software released (will be after the release of the ESC because we are still in the testing phase now), you will be able to use it and adjust all the parameter just like the current GT series. Only, BETTER....

Remember, even the Reventon S series can have benefit of the future boost software. Talk about the low-budget boost unit for fast club race.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.