R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #8806
Tech Adept

i have a question regarding the GT 2.0 and the Prostock. the 2.0 has the quad capacitor and the prostock has the single capacitor. i notice that i am getting more power out of the motor with the GT 2.0 with quad capacitor than the prostock with the single. could i install the quad capacitor on the prostock and use it safely. by the way i am running the 508 program (no timing)
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #8807
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
I just bought a used Speed Passion motor with the red tuning rotor in it (whatever that does) but upon inspection the rotor seems to have some obvious damage. Is this still ok to use or should I be sending the seller a strongly worded email?
it is busted , if you run it it will explode , also the rotor is out of balance , send a strong Email and buy a new rotor from Speed Passion , then your motor will be as good as new
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #8808
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
I just bought a used Speed Passion motor with the red tuning rotor in it (whatever that does) but upon inspection the rotor seems to have some obvious damage. Is this still ok to use or should I be sending the seller a strongly worded email?
Mate you should have asked for a motor I have just rid of all V3 I would have given you one.

Have a look on eBay you can get a good deal there new at times if you are going to get a new one get the MMM mate they go hard
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #8809
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
It's probably been dropped, nonetheless it's damaged.
What will happen is, once the rotor get hot, it will expend a little, then the magnet will find the way from the crack (chip area) and eventually, the whole rotor will be shattered and blew up the motor...

At least you can replace the rotor before damaging the stator....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #8810
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr fit View Post
i have a question regarding the GT 2.0 and the Prostock. the 2.0 has the quad capacitor and the prostock has the single capacitor. i notice that i am getting more power out of the motor with the GT 2.0 with quad capacitor than the prostock with the single. could i install the quad capacitor on the prostock and use it safely. by the way i am running the 508 program (no timing)
Depends on your GT2 model...if your GT2 came with a quad cap, I am sure that is a GT2 PRO ESC...that is the top of the line ESC with 2X (amps) output vs the Prostock/LPF and ideal for MOD motor use.

Instead of running the ProStock with 508...you should run the PRO with 508 and keep the quad with the PRO. Alittle bit more power is alittle bit more power, more is always better....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #8811
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manson View Post
Yesterday i put the 0 timing soft in a gt2.0 LPF. It s a new ESC so after the update i set the neutral point/gaz/brake, all is OK.

I ve got a little red light when i am in the dark, but it s not easy to see it.
Maybe the A-B-C-+/- sticker under the soldering post hide the flash ?
Yes, our LED light is actually at the bottom of the ESC, but because of the semi clear bottom case, you can actually see the blinking light from the bottom or on the side...if you have to remove the sticker, by all mean, do it, just so the TECH can see that you are running the 508 software.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #8812
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Depends on your GT2 model...if your GT2 came with a quad cap, I am sure that is a GT2 PRO ESC...that is the top of the line ESC with 2X (amps) output vs the Prostock/LPF and ideal for MOD motor use.

Instead of running the ProStock with 508...you should run the PRO with 508 and keep the quad with the PRO. Alittle bit more power is alittle bit more power, more is always better....
Thanks, I will put the prostock in my 1/12 scale for 13.5 boost and run the GT2.0 pro in my tc for blinky 17.5.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #8813
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr fit View Post
Thanks, I will put the prostock in my 1/12 scale for 13.5 boost and run the GT2.0 pro in my tc for blinky 17.5.
I would do the same...good choice.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #8814
Tech Adept

Just got myself a brand new Cirtix Club Spec ESC (p/n 12280) and a MMM 13.5T motor, in order to mount on my 1/5 TT SB-5 rc Bike. These are the required electronics for the 2012/13 Worlds Stock Class. Prior to these, I have used a Xerun 60A V2.0, a Xerun 120A V2.0, a Nosram Pearl ISTC and various motors on the bike, for the last year...
Now, the only "tampering" I can be accused of is cutting the Deans plug and soldering bullets in its place, never having powered the ESC before doing this.
I installed everything on the bike, turned on the Tx, did the End Point adjustment with the button on the switch, a fully charged battery (8.38v when idle). Switch off, then on, and press the throttle for the first time, with pinion installed, bike in the air.
No power. Fan works, steering servo (Savox SC1251) works, and the ESC has a red bliking led and an orange one solidly lit.
I have installed the A-B-C cables correctly, as well as the (supplied with the motor) sensor cable.
I did the initial setup (end point) a couple more times, switch off, then on, same thing.
I know the drill from my previous HW's, anyway.
Also, there was no program card with the ESC, so Im not sure how to adjust the few things that can be adjusted, like brake, drag, forward only....
When I turn on the Tx and the ESC, there are solid red and orange leds. As soon as I press the throtle, the red blinks and the orange stays solid.

Any ideas what would be wrong here?!

Edit: I am of course using only 2S batteries...

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike

Last edited by steliosh; 01-26-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: one more thought|!
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #8815
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Just got myself a brand new Cirtix Club Spec ESC (p/n 12280) and a MMM 13.5T motor, in order to mount on my 1/5 TT SB-5 rc Bike.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

After reading almost ALL this thread and the Cirtix one, I reversed the TH channel on my Tx and IT WORKED!!!!!!!

PHEWWWWWWW

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #8816
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Ok, I have a few questions, hopefully you guys can help out since the activity here is better.

- For the Silver Arrow II ESC, is anyone using this for 1/8 electric racing? If so, how are you liking it in comparison to say a Tekin RX8 or the Mamba Max Pro ESC?

- What ESCs from the GT 2.0/2.1 line can be used in SCT 4x4 with the high HV motors they run (LPF, Pro, etc)?

Based on this warranty info from the website:

Quote:
All three of the below categories are available for ESCs, Brushless analysis, chargers, and programming boxes.

Warranty/Service Category 1
(Warranty replacement all products)
If your product fails upon first use, or within 7 days of first use. (DOA or manufacturing flaw)
Your return package must include:
1) A purchase receipt from Speed Passion USA or a USA dealer.
2) Completed USA warranty card.
3) All included product accessories in the original packaging.
4) A note inside the package with your name, address, email and phone number.
5) Include as much detail as possible about what happened during the time before/during the failure to help us identify the issue and improve factory QC procedures.

Your product will be inspected by our USA support staff for signs of abuse or customer error (reverse polarity, etc). If no abuse is noted, a new unit of the same product will be shipped to your address via USPS ASAP.

Warranty/Service Category 3
(non warranty repair all products)
Unit fails after one year, is damaged physically or by customer error, or any other need for repair service.
Your return package must include:
1) A note inside the package with your name, address, email and phone number and
2) Include as much detail about what happened during the time before/during the failure to help us identify and repair the issue.

You will be contacted upon receipt and inspection of your product to determine the repair/replacement cost of your desired resolution. Generally a new or reconditioned replacement unit will be offered at dealer price plus USPS shipping for most items. You will then be given instructions to make payment via the website shopping cart, and your repair/replacement will ship the following business day once payment is confirmed.
What exactly is Category 2? It seems that after 1 year, you have no warranty which is fine. Is that correct? What exactly happens between the 7 day period and the 1 year period.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #8817
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Just got myself a brand new Cirtix Club Spec ESC (p/n 12280) and a MMM 13.5T motor, in order to mount on my 1/5 TT SB-5 rc Bike. These are the required electronics for the 2012/13 Worlds Stock Class. Prior to these, I have used a Xerun 60A V2.0, a Xerun 120A V2.0, a Nosram Pearl ISTC and various motors on the bike, for the last year...
Now, the only "tampering" I can be accused of is cutting the Deans plug and soldering bullets in its place, never having powered the ESC before doing this.
I installed everything on the bike, turned on the Tx, did the End Point adjustment with the button on the switch, a fully charged battery (8.38v when idle). Switch off, then on, and press the throttle for the first time, with pinion installed, bike in the air.
No power. Fan works, steering servo (Savox SC1251) works, and the ESC has a red bliking led and an orange one solidly lit.
I have installed the A-B-C cables correctly, as well as the (supplied with the motor) sensor cable.
I did the initial setup (end point) a couple more times, switch off, then on, same thing.
I know the drill from my previous HW's, anyway.
Also, there was no program card with the ESC, so Im not sure how to adjust the few things that can be adjusted, like brake, drag, forward only....
When I turn on the Tx and the ESC, there are solid red and orange leds. As soon as I press the throtle, the red blinks and the orange stays solid.

Any ideas what would be wrong here?!

Edit: I am of course using only 2S batteries...
Also, programming card is optional for the CIRTIX club spec.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #8818
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Ok, I have a few questions, hopefully you guys can help out since the activity here is better.

- For the Silver Arrow II ESC, is anyone using this for 1/8 electric racing? If so, how are you liking it in comparison to say a Tekin RX8 or the Mamba Max Pro ESC?

- What ESCs from the GT 2.0/2.1 line can be used in SCT 4x4 with the high HV motors they run (LPF, Pro, etc)?

Based on this warranty info from the website:

What exactly is Category 2? It seems that after 1 year, you have no warranty which is fine. Is that correct? What exactly happens between the 7 day period and the 1 year period.
1....I have couple of my own test driver using SAII esc along with TEKIN, NOVAK and LRP motor on their 1/8th...the ESC performs as good as the other brand. But now, they are testing our 1/8th motor to mate with the SAII ESC. The motor will be out soon.

2. Only GT2 PRO should be use for 1/10th SC 4x4 with 2S...not GT2 LPF nor GT2.1 ProStock. only GT2 PRO.

3....please contact our office and talk to our representative and review the warranty period of specific item.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #8819
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Thank you for the info.

Do your ESCs need an External BEC or GLitch capacitor when used on 2S in a 4x4 SCT?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #8820
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HI Guys,

Was thinking of changing my E.S.C and i saw the new Speed Passion Reventon R esc.

was wandering if anyone of you guys using it already?? any comments on this e.s.c as compared the the GT V2.1 ??

I will be using this e.s.c mainly for 13.5T n 17.5T Turbo racing.

Thanks in Advance !

-- Infinity -- MUGEN -- SANWA -- HOBBYWING -- ProSpec -- ORION -- OS -- Muchmore -- Wild Turbo Fan -- Axon -- MTB
Redko is offline   Reply With Quote