R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #8731
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mine also done this of you move your throttle EPA where the car wants almost runs forward it takes the dead one away and you will still have full throttle as per normal
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #8732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
Mine also done this of you move your throttle EPA where the car wants almost runs forward it takes the dead one away and you will still have full throttle as per normal
Thanks
Will give that a try, not my car or transmiter but I did not think it was correct.

Regards
Gary
Fantom Racing, JConcepts, Ace Hobbies/Reedy,
WTF, Plaig Bearings.
GSM Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #8733
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have a good starting ratio for the new MMM 13.5 motor hooked up to a Tekin RS ?

Looking for a ratio for a large indoor meeting. Recently been running Duo3 Motors on around 7.15

cheers
Jo90uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #8734
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RMA turnaround times

Hi all:

Quick question...does anyone know a typical turnaround turn for a USA RMA? I want to make sure I'm not pestering people needlessly.

Thanks
Matt
goalie30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #8735
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie30 View Post
Hi all:

Quick question...does anyone know a typical turnaround turn for a USA RMA? I want to make sure I'm not pestering people needlessly.

Thanks
Matt
Depends on which item you are doing RMA, please call the SP OFFICE and find out....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #8736
Tech Champion

GT2 PRO (Blue and Carbon) are instock....
GT2 LPF (Blue and Carbon) are instock....
GT2 EX (Blue and Carbon) are instock....(due to popular request, we are bring the EX back...........)
GT2.1 ProStock (black only) are instock....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #8737
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
For now...yes. But I have tested the +30 and +40 and they are the secret weapon for the no timing class...especially with the MMM motor.

It is on order and I hope I can get them release by the end of the month. But still, I have to submit them to ROAR, IFMAR and EFRA get approval first.
Hi Solara, it's been a while and when are you going to stock the secret weapons +30 and +40 sensor boards?

Here in SoCal we mainly run no-timing 17.5 and even the new 17.5 MMM seems to be outclassed by the newer motors out there with higher timing adjustability. I run my 17.5 MMM with the green +20 board at max +30 timing and still having hard time catching others using Reedy Sonic (the most favorite motor currently).

I dyno'ed my friend's Reedy Sonic against my MMM, both at max timing, apparently the Reedy outputs more rpm, and with the right gearing and temperature, it's faster than the MMM. I love the potential of the MMM but feeling that it's very limited by the sensor board design (I believe MMM is designed for mod and boosted, but not for stock no-timing), especially now the boosted class is pretty much dead here.

I'd like to buy the +30/+40 sensor boards if available.
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #8738
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eComet View Post
Hi Solara, it's been a while and when are you going to stock the secret weapons +30 and +40 sensor boards?

Here in SoCal we mainly run no-timing 17.5 and even the new 17.5 MMM seems to be outclassed by the newer motors out there with higher timing adjustability. I run my 17.5 MMM with the green +20 board at max +30 timing and still having hard time catching others using Reedy Sonic (the most favorite motor currently).

I dyno'ed my friend's Reedy Sonic against my MMM, both at max timing, apparently the Reedy outputs more rpm, and with the right gearing and temperature, it's faster than the MMM. I love the potential of the MMM but feeling that it's very limited by the sensor board design (I believe MMM is designed for mod and boosted, but not for stock no-timing), especially now the boosted class is pretty much dead here.

What is your FDR? And what size track are you running on? I haven't had any problems keeping up with my MMM17.5's or the 17.5 1c motors
Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #8739
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
What is your FDR? And what size track are you running on? I haven't had any problems keeping up with my MMM17.5's or the 17.5 1c motors
Racing at TQ RC Racing. Tried FDR from 3.9 to 4.4. Since this is a small and very technical track, a higher FDR 4.4 seems to provide the best infield punch.

Sometimes I race outdoor and a bit more timing would definitely help on the rpm side.
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #8740
Tech Addict

Quote:
+1

1/12th scale, just 1/12th scale.
I love to go like hell for 8 minutes.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #8741
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
+1
Wait, aren't you the guy who doesn't like too much timing?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #8742
Tech Champion

Quote:

The problem we have is....we are waiting for the OFFICIAL to approve the sensor before we can sell them...

Last edited by Solara; 01-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #8743
mes
Tech Fanatic

Any news on the Reventon series?
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #8744
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I had been running blinky 13.5 1s 12th scale with a rollout around 80mm and the GT2.1 EX with stock sensor at max timing. (10.2 fast laps)

But then with i installed the green sensor (set at 25*) and I had trouble finding the right rollout to improve. I went down close to 75mm but settled on 85mm because I was turning better laps there but was still slower than when I had the stock sensor installed by .4 seconds!!! ... on 90x36 high bite carpet ...

Any suggestions on rollout??? Did I go the wrong way? Not high enough?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #8745
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Any news on the Reventon series?
Probably end of FEB now...