Tech Rookie

that didn't really help much
ruselmaxx238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #8672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
Matt.. i bought all this stuff. I really don't know what software it has. I can look at the box or the speed controller when I get home

Speed Passion GT V2.1 Pro Stock ESC + SP Motor + SP Program Box
does this program card allow you to connect to the p.c. if its the one that came with the speedy it will not allow it, i have the 2.0 and the pro stock now if the speedy has the 323 software in it it will not work, this program card will work with the kit software that usually comes with the speedy 528 stock which is what my pro stock 2.1 came with. you have the USB cord i see can this plug into that control box or does it only have the small 3 pin harness for programing the ecs
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #8673
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruselmaxx238 View Post
does anyone know where i can buy a speed passion rs2? i have been looking for one online and i can't find them.

if you can help me out that would be greatly appreciated
ebay
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #8674
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
does this program card allow you to connect to the p.c. if its the one that came with the speedy it will not allow it, i have the 2.0 and the pro stock now if the speedy has the 323 software in it it will not work, this program card will work with the kit software that usually comes with the speedy 528 stock which is what my pro stock 2.1 came with. you have the USB cord i see can this plug into that control box or does it only have the small 3 pin harness for programing the ecs
My box has the usb plug for the PC. But I have no idea what software is on the esc now.
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #8675
Tech Master

The software is not on the esc, it's in the computer. The esc just responds to what the computer tells it to do. To program the esc, you have to download the link program to the computer, then load the software package into it. Most people who run boosted are using 323 stock. You set your specs for boost, DRRS, brake, etc, on the PC, then send it to the esc. Read the instructions or watch the video.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #8676
Tech Elite

Or I can ask here like everyone else does. Reading my directions tells me to plug my box into the esc or program the esc with the setup button. And neither work.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #8677
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Confused...

So what exactly is the difference between the "Short Course Master ESC" and the "Cirtix Inspire V2.0 ESC"? Looking at the manual and the setup information for the two i can't find anything that sets them apart.

Sponsored By - http://enginesbyotto.com/ & my wallet (mostly my wallet actually...)

ALL IS LOST
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #8678
Tech Master

Quote:
Or I can ask here like everyone else does. Reading my directions tells me to plug my box into the esc or program the esc with the setup button. And neither work.
That only works for the LED box that comes with the esc and the programming it will do is very limited. The LCD box with the USB connector is the one that does the advanced programming. You MUST have a PC to use it. Download the USB link program V1.37 to the computer. Plug the USB connector from the LCD programming box into the computer. Remove the esc receiver wire from the receiver and connect it to the LCD box. Plug the battery in and turn on the speed control. Link V1.37 defaults to 323 stock software. At least mine did. Using the Basic and Advanced tabs you can set all your specs for brakes, voltage cutoff, boost, turbo etc. When you have it the way you like it press the apply button (I usually do it twice) and the settings will be sent to the speed control. The video on the website explains this much better and its free. Don't be too upset, I'm a grumpy old man.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #8679
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
That only works for the LED box that comes with the esc and the programming it will do is very limited. The LCD box with the USB connector is the one that does the advanced programming. You MUST have a PC to use it. Download the USB link program V1.37 to the computer. Plug the USB connector from the LCD programming box into the computer. Remove the esc receiver wire from the receiver and connect it to the LCD box. Plug the battery in and turn on the speed control. Link V1.37 defaults to 323 stock software. At least mine did. Using the Basic and Advanced tabs you can set all your specs for brakes, voltage cutoff, boost, turbo etc. When you have it the way you like it press the apply button (I usually do it twice) and the settings will be sent to the speed control. The video on the website explains this much better and its free. Don't be too upset, I'm a grumpy old man.
Thanks alot. So once I do this the 1st time should I be able to adjust it with my lcd box? Like at the track? Cause now its just says "update software" when I plug in the esc
Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #8680
Tech Elite

the lcd box i use is the hobby wing it looks similar with the 323 software i do not take a lap laptop to the track so the answer is yes you can.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #8681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks alot. So once I do this the 1st time should I be able to adjust it with my lcd box? Like at the track? Cause now its just says "update software" when I plug in the esc
That's correct. You only need to plug them into your computer once to update the software on the box and the speedo. After that, you will be able to make all the changes without a computer, simply with the LCD programming box.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #8682
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
That's correct. You only need to plug them into your computer once to update the software on the box and the speedo. After that, you will be able to make all the changes without a computer, simply with the LCD programming box.
Okay I guess I was confused because it says to update the software. It works Fine right now The power curve is just a little too smooth like for off road. And I'm running touringe ith it now. That's what made me think it was the box that had the software loaded into it. so ithe box is telling me I need update the software in my speed control?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #8683
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Hey guys

need some quick help

set up 1/12th , 1s , 3.0turns motor , quick flowing carpet track with lots of grip , SP GT2.0 speedo

we are racing saturday if possable ,

Thanks Phil
anyone ????
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #8684
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruselmaxx238 View Post
does anyone know where i can buy a speed passion rs2? i have been looking for one online and i can't find them.

if you can help me out that would be greatly appreciated
Try EBAY.....plenty of those with different color and with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #8685
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty View Post
So what exactly is the difference between the "Short Course Master ESC" and the "Cirtix Inspire V2.0 ESC"? Looking at the manual and the setup information for the two i can't find anything that sets them apart.
SCM = sensor system

Inspire = sensorless system
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote