R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #8401
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Give our US office a call, we sell the whole ESC case replacement in a package, not just the screws but the whole thing will not cost alot...
I've already purchased the complete package (Blue case w/ the decals) from Speed Passion USA (Chicago office), but never received the screws. This wouldn't have been a big deal but unfortunately, when I went to change out the case I rounded out the screws from my old black case.

I called and talked to Albert over the phone on October 24th and he agreed to send them out to me and asked to send him an email with my home address. I've now communicated with Albert twice on the phone and four times via email. I've been told on three different occasions that they've been shipped, twice in a white envelope and the third time in a padded yellow envelope. You may be wondering why the color of the envelopes matter. Well in my last phone conversation with Albert, he stated that there may be an issue with USPS delivering white envelopes and offered to send the screws for the third time in a yellow padded envelope. Really!?!?

If additional payment is required (for these screws) then that should've been communicated to me me back in October. Regardless, I'd be more than happy to pay for them so I can use my ESC. Let me know.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #8402
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

if anyone has the LCD Programmer (HW or SP) for the Speed Passion GT2.0 line (Pro, LPF, etc) that they want to sell in the USA please msg me.

would even take a plan programmer (the one usually included with the ESC). Just need something to make setting the ESC I just got in easier for now.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #8403
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.C View Post
I've already purchased the complete package (Blue case w/ the decals) from Speed Passion USA (Chicago office), but never received the screws. This wouldn't have been a big deal but unfortunately, when I went to change out the case I rounded out the screws from my old black case.

I called and talked to Albert over the phone on October 24th and he agreed to send them out to me and asked to send him an email with my home address. I've now communicated with Albert twice on the phone and four times via email. I've been told on three different occasions that they've been shipped, twice in a white envelope and the third time in a padded yellow envelope. You may be wondering why the color of the envelopes matter. Well in my last phone conversation with Albert, he stated that there may be an issue with USPS delivering white envelopes and offered to send the screws for the third time in a yellow padded envelope. Really!?!?

If additional payment is required (for these screws) then that should've been communicated to me me back in October. Regardless, I'd be more than happy to pay for them so I can use my ESC. Let me know.
I can confirmed we did ship the screws to you 2 times in the mail prior....there must be something happened in between and we will send the screws over the 3rd time...this time, I do it personally. I will email you after shipped with confirmation number. Thank you...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #8404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Solara, why was the LCD programmer changed?

Last edited by M-Technic; 12-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #8405
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
If you can do it...do it (I use 12 ga for all TC exceptRdd buggy and 12th scale). But I just don't see there is a night and day different just on the wire...
I have Been using the 14. gauge wire in my TC since the start and now I am wondering if it can cause a issue while racing I just used it because it was just a little thinner.

What's your thoughts on performance between the 2
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #8406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
I can confirmed we did ship the screws to you 2 times in the mail prior....there must be something happened in between and we will send the screws over the 3rd time...this time, I do it personally. I will email you after shipped with confirmation number. Thank you...
Thank you.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #8407
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm that the newer version of the Cirtix club race esc do work 100% with a LRP X12 spec motor on 4dot timing insert?

As my old Cirtix will only work with LRP X12 17.5t motor if sensor is unpluged before power up, but Only with no dot, 1 dot, 2 dot and 3 dot. 4 dot timing insert make the motor run backwards

So I wanted to be certain that even 4 dot insert on LRP X12 works perfect on newer version Cirtix club race esc????

I dont want to purchase just to find out not to work on all timing settings.
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #8408
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
I have Been using the 14. gauge wire in my TC since the start and now I am wondering if it can cause a issue while racing I just used it because it was just a little thinner.

What's your thoughts on performance between the 2
Race MOD like 4.0T motor, yes.....racing 17.5 stock, nothing I can tell. Again, you would see a night and day different, it won't even make a 0.1s faster per lap...may be 0.000001 second faster.

I can go thru days with you about why you should use lower GA wire...but again, we are racing toy car here. If you can afford to use the 12 GA wire, use it at the first place..........but if you are asking me will that possible to give you faster laptime or perform a noticeable different between the 14ga and 12ga wire, I would say no...

BUT.....if you are using cheap/bad 14ga wire vs the name brand high quality 12ga wire...then YES, there is a different.

BTW...what was the issue?
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #8409
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Solara, why was the LCD programmer changed? The old one is sooooo much nicer. The buttons on the new one are so bad it's almost embarassing.
Because we are no longer co-design with the other company anymore (you know the brand)....beside, our future ESC will no longer need programmer box, like my Reventon R ESC that I am using now, I use my IPAD and HTC Sensation for setup...no complain about the ugly button no more, LOL.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #8410
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the newer version of the Cirtix club race esc do work 100% with a LRP X12 spec motor on 4dot timing insert?

As my old Cirtix will only work with LRP X12 17.5t motor if sensor is unpluged before power up, but Only with no dot, 1 dot, 2 dot and 3 dot. 4 dot timing insert make the motor run backwards

So I wanted to be certain that even 4 dot insert on LRP X12 works perfect on newer version Cirtix club race esc????

I dont want to purchase just to find out not to work on all timing settings.
May be I go find out when I get home....that is something new....
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #8411
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Solara, why was the LCD programmer changed? The old one is sooooo much nicer. The buttons on the new one are so bad it's almost embarassing.
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #8412
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
Because we are no longer co-design with the other company anymore (you know the brand)....beside, our future ESC will no longer need programmer box, like my Reventon R ESC that I am using now, I use my IPAD and HTC Sensation for setup...no complain about the ugly button no more, LOL. (again)
Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #8413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Because we are no longer co-design with the other company anymore (you know the brand)....beside, our future ESC will no longer need programmer box, like my Reventon R ESC that I am using now, I use my IPAD and HTC Sensation for setup...no complain about the ugly button no more, LOL. (again)
is there an echo in here
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #8414
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

I don't see paying another 200 to 300 bucks for a new ESC just for the bluetooth or whatever connectivity in my future. Don't be scared to say HOBBYWING hopefully its not like before in here where you get threatened with banishment for speaking the truth on things. At the same time it really is no excuse to switch to a box that has CRAP buttons and you can look at it and see the workmanship is down.
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #8415
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Any of those older boxes being clearanced?