R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #8206
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,004
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Any updates on MMM 17.5 motor availability? ?
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #8207
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default F1 17.5 MMM with GT 2.1

Hi guys, i'm running in F1 17.5T class and i need some tips.
I'm running with slick tires on asphalt
At the moment i have GT 2.1 pro stock edition ESC and 17.5 MMM motor, the motor is really powa maybe to much and probably the esc is with touring mod class program...
I'm getting my LCD Professional program card this week and i would like to know what kind of setting, firmware and program i have to use.

Please Help ME i have googled a bit but i haven't find nothing for gt 2.1 on f1 cars
il cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #8208
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Any updates on MMM 17.5 motor availability? ?
I think this week is a good chance to snag some MMM 17.5 before it is too late...keep checking.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #8209
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by il cattivo View Post
Hi guys, i'm running in F1 17.5T class and i need some tips.
I'm running with slick tires on asphalt
At the moment i have GT 2.1 pro stock edition ESC and 17.5 MMM motor, the motor is really powa maybe to much and probably the esc is with touring mod class program...
I'm getting my LCD Professional program card this week and i would like to know what kind of setting, firmware and program i have to use.

Please Help ME i have googled a bit but i haven't find nothing for gt 2.1 on f1 cars
There is not much you need to do on F1...and I personally think 17.5 is too much. We ran 21.5/silver can and it is plenty fast. Also, no timing on ESC. I set the timing on the motor to the middle position and it is more then enough.

I would use the 508_no_timing software and concentrate on the F1 car setup instead. I was gear at 23/96 on my F103 running V2 Ultrasportsman 21.5 motor with Cirtix Club Spec ESC since day 1.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #8210
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just received a 17.5 mmm.

Is there a starting fdr for this motor?
Tc6 boosted.
Small track.

Thank you.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #8211
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
There is not much you need to do on F1...and I personally think 17.5 is too much. We ran 21.5/silver can and it is plenty fast. Also, no timing on ESC. I set the timing on the motor to the middle position and it is more then enough.

I would use the 508_no_timing software and concentrate on the F1 car setup instead. I was gear at 23/96 on my F103 running V2 Ultrasportsman 21.5 motor with Cirtix Club Spec ESC since day 1.
thx for the help solara now i know what software i have to download.
Do you use some kind of drag brake?
I was using 25/96 i'll try something less
il cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #8212
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbboy View Post
Just received a 17.5 mmm.

Is there a starting fdr for this motor?
Tc6 boosted.
Small track.

Thank you.
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #8213
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by il cattivo View Post
thx for the help solara now i know what software i have to download.
Do you use some kind of drag brake?
I was using 25/96 i'll try something less
No drag brake (at least for me)...RWD is just not fun to use drag brake, you need a lot of throttle control when running F1, kinda like 12th scale.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #8214
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Busted esc

It breaks my heart to say but, I think my cirtix stock club esc is toast.
I ran one heat of vta then nothing my servo works but no motor I've tried a differnt motor, rebinding/calibrating esc and nothing just blinks red what would cost to get this fixed or should I just buy another one.
Gyr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #8215
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

i like the 1 cell 17.5 t in my F1, use the citirx speedy with the V3 1cell i think its a good combo. at times i swith back to the 13.5 but its just a little to much power i find the rear wheels spinning at 3/4 throttle but on carpet its good with foam
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #8216
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hello,

My gt2.0 pro is box stock, do i have to change the firmware or does it have the 205g mod ???
Am looking to get a new 4.0 motor, shall i get the v3 or get the 4.5 mmm??
Is the 4.0 mmm available or not yet??

Whats a good fdr for an asphalt track with long straights?? Car is T3!

Cheers

Ali
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #8217
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyr0 View Post
It breaks my heart to say but, I think my cirtix stock club esc is toast.
I ran one heat of vta then nothing my servo works but no motor I've tried a differnt motor, rebinding/calibrating esc and nothing just blinks red what would cost to get this fixed or should I just buy another one.
Repair cost is more then the ESC itself....

It is instock for a short period of time...get it before it is out of stock again.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #8218
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
Hello,

My gt2.0 pro is box stock, do i have to change the firmware or does it have the 205g mod ???
Am looking to get a new 4.0 motor, shall i get the v3 or get the 4.5 mmm??
Is the 4.0 mmm available or not yet??

Whats a good fdr for an asphalt track with long straights?? Car is T3!

Cheers

Ali
If your GT2 PRO is purchased new (not by someone else)...it should has 205g within that is good for MOD TC racing........use MARC setup at our setup page. We don't have plan to do 4.0 in MMM...but the MMM 4.5 is definitely the motor you should go for.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...open%20mod.pdf
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #8219
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
i like the 1 cell 17.5 t in my F1, use the citirx speedy with the V3 1cell i think its a good combo. at times i swith back to the 13.5 but its just a little to much power i find the rear wheels spinning at 3/4 throttle but on carpet its good with foam
My Citrix doesnt work in 1S
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #8220
Tech Fanatic
 
tc3 racer sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: lancaster sc near charlotte nc
Posts: 921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
No drag brake (at least for me)...RWD is just not fun to use drag brake, you need a lot of throttle control when running F1, kinda like 12th scale.
i have a question im about to send my esc in to have a case replace on it and i dont have warranty card i have the r.a number how long it tke to turn around to put another bottom case on the gt pro2.0 thxs reggie
__________________
hotbodies cyclone, hotbodies tcxx orca v3 esc
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0