R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #781
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 924
Default josh cyrul

Hey all: Was reading magazine coverage of the '09 iic race and noticed josh cyrul was using speed passion brushless motors so is he now a team driver for them and no longer with hacker? Thanks for the info
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #782
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,325
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Shawn Or Adam,
what is the ETA of the V3.0, and the chrome LPF 2.0?
__________________
Serpent USA www.serpentamerica.com, Maclan , Xpert, Gens Ace, MIP, www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, JSpec custom stickers and apparel.

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #783
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
The reason they aren't on the site is because we don't have them yet
Then where are people buying them from?
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #784
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Then where are people buying them from?
We have a couple mod winds that came in Friday, and if anyone besides Cyrul, Hanyes and myself have any stock winds in the states I have no idea where they came from
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #785
Tech Fanatic
 
tfrahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tfrahm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCManila View Post
Hello, I have an SP Marc Rheinhard version of the 13.5 and geared(FDR) at 4.2 (Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...our track is around 48meters straight away (Indoor/Asphalt). I ran the motor today (3rd Race Day = 6-8 runs per day) and after the 3rd qualifying and before the 1st main it cogs then stopped!
I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'A' tab was desoldered and I resoldered it back and oiled the bearings and tried the motor again. It worked for 1 lap then started to cog again then stopped!
For the 2nd time I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'B' & 'C' tabs was desoldered and I resoldered it back and tried the motor on the bench...Its not working properly as it cogs even more then stopped.
I would like to ask if anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Also, is there anywhere I can send the motor for repair or replacement?
Any help or PM from a company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

The experts can probably give you a better answer, but for me, you may have answered your own question with this bit of information:
(Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...
Sounds like you may have cooked the stator windings and/or caused the rotor to lose magnetic strength - all of which will kill a motor...? Motor internals don't just start un-soldering themselves for no reason... Excessive heat can even kill the motor bearings by cooking out all the lube, so you may also want to check them?
__________________
"If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record."
Biff Racing Team #420 (Ah... The "good old days"...)
The local indoor Offroad Track: The RC Race Barn
TLR22-3.0, TLR22T-2.0, TLR22SCT-1.0
tfrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #786
Tech Addict
 
RCManila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 615
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrahm View Post
The experts can probably give you a better answer, but for me, you may have answered your own question with this bit of information:
(Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...
Sounds like you may have cooked the stator windings and/or caused the rotor to lose magnetic strength - all of which will kill a motor...? Motor internals don't just start un-soldering themselves for no reason... Excessive heat can even kill the motor bearings by cooking out all the lube, so you may also want to check them?
What I read from the threads are usually 170-180*F is the recommended temp? I know that overheating the motor would kill it but I thought that temp range of 170-180*F is the recommended temp
I forgot to mention that before the first main I run the car for 2 laps just to heat up the tires and before reaching the grid my motor cogs and stopped. When I pickup the car and went to my pit table I tempted the motor and its about 170ish*F for just 2 laps!
I did relube the bearing before that day and when it first happened I relube it again to try the motor for the second time.
Thank you for your comments and suggestion though, appreciate it!

abailey21: Sir, I would just like to ask if this would be covered for warranty? Please let me know, thank you very much!
__________________
AIRPHILEXPRESS | PHILIPPINE AIRLINE | ZEST AIR | SULPICIO LINES
--------------------------------------------------
★ YOKOMO ★ TEKIN ★ KO Propo ★ AMB ★
--------------------------------------------------
BASTA ONLINE!
RCManila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #787
Tech Adept
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Endless 1/10 F1 motor?

Has anyone run the Endless 1/10 F1 motor? I could not find it in the search for this thread.

I saw it on ebay sold by rc mart.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #788
Tech Adept
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Exige sport tuned?

Or looking at ebay, and thier website, the exige 2.0 f1 sport tuned brushless? 2800kv
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #789
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,325
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
We have a couple mod winds that came in Friday, and if anyone besides Cyrul, Hanyes and myself have any stock winds in the states I have no idea where they came from
Adam, sent a PM.
__________________
Serpent USA www.serpentamerica.com, Maclan , Xpert, Gens Ace, MIP, www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, JSpec custom stickers and apparel.

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #790
Tech Addict
 
wiscnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reedsburg,WI
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone help me tune in the GT2.0? I run a 21.5 VTA. I ran my DRRS Max, Timeing at Profile #7 and the motor timed about 5 deg. my motor tops out 3/4 down the streight and not alot of bottom end power. My gearing is at 4.6. As I understand it the 21.5 can only put out so much torque so Max timeing dosn't work. I was told to gear 5.0 and higher and run timeing at profile 3. is there any truth to this or am I were I should be? Timeing in the ESC,Motor and gearing is geting confusing
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this! :)
wiscnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #791
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I need to know what comes with a SP speed control. Is the control module included? Thinking about making a switch. Anything different between the new blue edition besides the color?
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #792
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What is a good starting setup (GT 2.0 LPF) for 1/12, carpet, 3.7v lipo, and 13.5 motor?
alien too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #793
pmc
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pinhal novo - Portugal
Posts: 173
Default

Hello

wish is the specs of the speed passion Motor V3.0 9,5T RPM , Power and specific rpm/volt ??

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #794
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: Was reading magazine coverage of the '09 iic race and noticed josh cyrul was using speed passion brushless motors so is he now a team driver for them and no longer with hacker? Thanks for the info
Yes Cyrul is running Speed Passion motors now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Has anyone run the Endless 1/10 F1 motor? I could not find it in the search for this thread.
I saw it on ebay sold by rc mart.
I have run them, they're a good "sport" motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I need to know what comes with a SP speed control. Is the control module included? Thinking about making a switch. Anything different between the new blue edition besides the color?
The standard programming box come with the ESC, not the LCD box, that's separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCManila View Post
Hello, I have an SP Marc Rheinhard version of the 13.5 and geared(FDR) at 4.2 (Temp after 5mins is about 175-180*F)...our track is around 48meters straight away (Indoor/Asphalt). I ran the motor today (3rd Race Day = 6-8 runs per day) and after the 3rd qualifying and before the 1st main it cogs then stopped!
I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'A' tab was desoldered and I resoldered it back and oiled the bearings and tried the motor again. It worked for 1 lap then started to cog again then stopped!
For the 2nd time I disassembled the motor and found out that the 'B' & 'C' tabs was desoldered and I resoldered it back and tried the motor on the bench...Its not working properly as it cogs even more then stopped.
I would like to ask if anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Also, is there anywhere I can send the motor for repair or replacement?
Any help or PM from a company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
This will be a call from Shawn, we only warranty products purchased in the North America and we have never brought those motors in the states so i know you had to have bought it overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
yo, adam, is there somewhere that you can tell me (so i don't have to do the work myself) that I can find what the different updates/profiles for the 2.0 are. I've just been running mod with it so haven't bother to pay attention.
Email me
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #795
Tech Addict
 
RCManila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 615
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
This will be a call from Shawn, we only warranty products purchased in the North America and we have never brought those motors in the states so i know you had to have bought it overseas
Yes, I bought this motor when I went to Hong Kong.
Do Shawn reply to this thread or should I email him? If you won't warranty this motor, can I ask for an email address where I can ask for a warranty or something?
Thank you very much for taking time replying.
__________________
AIRPHILEXPRESS | PHILIPPINE AIRLINE | ZEST AIR | SULPICIO LINES
--------------------------------------------------
★ YOKOMO ★ TEKIN ★ KO Propo ★ AMB ★
--------------------------------------------------
BASTA ONLINE!
RCManila is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0