The Speed Passion Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Is the short course Esc a good one for a 4x4 slash or nexx 10
Originally Posted by Mxer59
What's the best speed passion Esc for a 4x4 truck
I would use the SP GT2.0 PRO....that is what I am running on my SLASH 4x4 with 7.5, along with others on Durango, Losi Ten and AE 4x4.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TheZoof
Hey all!

Going indoor carpet racing for the first time with my speed passion pro esc! I was running a 3.5T outdoors however now going to a 17.5 Boosted for indoors(that's the rules).

Anyways... any starting setup for Speed Passion Pro and approx gearing? The track is 80'x60'.

Running Touring car(417), with V3 SP 17.5 and rubber tires.

Thanks!
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp

Check those out...alot of setup there.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Hi guys,

I just grabbed a used Speed Passion GT2.1 Pro Stock ESC,
and want tu use it for a no boost 17,5t Race.
What I already learned here is that I need the "508" Software or program!?
But where do I get it on the website, or is it already on the esc?
And I need the programm card with 2 LCD lines as Transmitter to the computer, as I read here?!

Sorry for this silly questions, but itīs my first time connecting an esc with a computer.

So,
if anyone has a actual "how to" for me, would be great, as there are different communication softwares and so on.
I donīt want to run without sensor cable, but sensored with no boost as with the cirtix combo...

Thanks in advance,
Matthias
Everything you asked....are included in this video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
When are the GT 2.1 EX back in stock on speedpassion.net for North America? Looks like most esc's are out of stock. Thanks.
End of September...I was told.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 21.5 starting point

Hey all. Im looking for a starting point for 21.5 with open esc in tc. I will be running outdoor low-med grip asphalt medium sized semi tech track 60mtr back straight. Running a 417 with SP GT2.1 pro stock esc and Sp 21.5 1 cell motor. Any info appreciated.

Last edited by Bumpy; 09-09-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: additional info.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Hi,

I have been running a 13.5 V3.0, which I like, just bought a 13.5 MMM I see it has more static timing adjustment and claims to be slightly more powerful through-out the whole power band, just wondering about gearing and esc setup.

I was planning to set the timing to 15 degrees on the motor and gear it the same and my v3 and up the static timing first before I touch the esc setup as its pretty sweet with the v3.

can anyone tell me if they have found they need to gear it any different?

Cheers, Jack
Old 09-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So I picked up a gt2.1 prostock to run in my shortcourse truck, soldered it on mounted it up and all was gravy. Along comes my bro who is oblivious to r/c and reversed the connecters on the battery and plugged it and bam, sparks flew. No smoke or funky smells really, and the spark wasn't intense.

Is there a way to figure out if the esc is damaged or should I just go ahead and assume damage was done?

Turns on fine, calibrates, and I even used the supplied program card and stuff was saved properly. One problem that occured is that when I would start turning the throttle would shut off? Should I write that down as damage done from reversing the polarity?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gyr0
So I picked up a gt2.1 prostock to run in my shortcourse truck, soldered it on mounted it up and all was gravy. Along comes my bro who is oblivious to r/c and reversed the connecters on the battery and plugged it and bam, sparks flew. No smoke or funky smells really, and the spark wasn't intense.

Is there a way to figure out if the esc is damaged or should I just go ahead and assume damage was done?

Turns on fine, calibrates, and I even used the supplied program card and stuff was saved properly. One problem that occured is that when I would start turning the throttle would shut off? Should I write that down as damage done from reversing the polarity?
That's a really weird issue is everything in your receiver plugged in properly?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah triple checked everything, recalibrated about twice, even switched the profile to smooth. Then I thought well maybe the servo is drawing to much juice, threw a capacitor on the receiver and still nothing, same problem. Went to retry it out in the driveway and seems to glitch up when I hit full throttle as opposed to steering
Old 09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah triple checked everything, recalibrated about twice, even switched the profile to smooth. Then I thought well maybe the servo is drawing to much juice, threw a capacitor on the receiver and still nothing, same problem. Went to retry it out in the driveway and seems to glitch up when I hit full throttle as opposed to steering.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Try an new receiver and see if that fix it
Old 09-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gyr0

If you have reversed the polatity it is ruined , maybe not 100% now but it will stop soon , i had one did the same and it failed full throttle on the 60m straight running a 10.5 with timing , made a real mess of my TRF !!!!

Lesson learned !!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah that's what I figured, thanks. OH well it happens, so does anyone know if speedpassion fixes these (not for free obviously) and for how much? Or am I better off buying a new one? Looked so nice in my blitz too!!! Back to using the gtb for now.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Do you need to recalibrate it each time you change a setting on it? Because I had to cut my swtich and wire it together as it kept failing. The white wire is just free now, so even if I had to do the calibration i wouldnt know how to now that the switch is cut off?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Do you need to recalibrate it each time you change a setting on it? Because I had to cut my swtich and wire it together as it kept failing. The white wire is just free now, so even if I had to do the calibration i wouldnt know how to now that the switch is cut off?
You need to calibrate everytime you change software.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.