R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #7756
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SlaminRC17

Any insight as to what could happen if I run my gt2 pro in 1s blinky without the capacitor?

Thanx, Kevin
SlaminRC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #7757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Glad you like it....but I would like to know whats wrong with the RX8? I was told it is an outstanding ESC...would like to hear from you.
Personally it ran awesome for a week then it just started doing weird things, plug everything in no power but fan would run, then my car started doing random shut downs, I tried it with the sensor plugged and unplugged. I put all new bullets in for battery's problems still happened then switched receiver and also ran a external bec and problems would still occur. When it ran good it was awesome but personally I was trouble shooting more then actually driving. I love the tekin motors they are smooth. I've also ran the mamba systems (had one of those blow a pin size hole through two off the bullet connecters) I personally love the speed passion and for the price it's great.
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #7758
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
Just to kind of touch on what Howard and Kevin have stated. I really do not think you were out "wallet raced" in a "blinky" class.

My car, (red/black toyota mrs) was running a 2 year old havoc and a ballistic 21.5 w/2yr old 40c 5000 battery, that has been in more cars than I can count. I think it finished 5th in the A.

Now, I did notice a huge difference in performance by just changing from the Roush Saleen Mustang to the 2007 MRS
You are just sandbagging....

It is INDOOR time...and now, you have the chance to follow me for 6 minutes...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #7759
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaminRC17 View Post
Any insight as to what could happen if I run my gt2 pro in 1s blinky without the capacitor?

Thanx, Kevin
I myself never did that, and never seen one do without one...however, if the SP cap is too big for you, can you purchase one like the TEKIN and solder it like the TEKIN does onto the GT2 PRO?

I kinda figured out you are running on 12th scale and you don't want to use a big cap....

Without a cap...all those voltage will be back fired directly to the ESC itself...not going to last long.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #7760
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SlaminRC17

1/10 oval actually... It got messed up when I ran the etc last, and I wanna run it this weekend, but I know a can't get a sp one by then...
SlaminRC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #7761
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaminRC17 View Post
1/10 oval actually... It got messed up when I ran the etc last, and I wanna run it this weekend, but I know a can't get a sp one by then...
You can borrow a cap from someone?....something reasonable. Does not necessary need to be by SP...
Old 08-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #7762
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Questions?? SP SA V2.0 1/8 ESC and SA 5.5R

Quick question for the SP peeps...planning on getting a SCT 4x4 in the near future and was wondering if you can run the SP SA V2.0 ESC and SA V2.0 5.5R combo on a SCT platform? Or is it only intended for 1/8 scale application? Thanks for the quick reply.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #7763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso View Post
Quick question for the SP peeps...planning on getting a SC 4x4 in the near future and was wondering if you can run the SP SA V2.0 and SA 5.5R combo on a SC platform? Or is it only intended for 1/8 scale application? Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't see why not the paper work shows it will run with a motor that size. a lot of guys run the rx8 in sc 4x4. Just make sure you got the space it's a lil bit wider then rx8
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #7764
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
I don't see why not the paper work shows it will run with a motor that size. a lot of guys run the rx8 in sc 4x4. Just make sure you got the space it's a lil bit wider then rx8
Thanks...planning on getting the AE SC4x4...need to see if it would fit.
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
Old 08-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #7765
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am after some advice on changing from a 13.5 ver3 to the 13.5 MMM.

As the MMM has more timming and I run 0 timming on the ver3, what is the best way to tune to the latest software.

With 10deg more timming am I better to wipe 10 off boost timming or 10 off turbo timming. How about 5 off each?

What is ballpark gearing change going from ver3 to MMM. Say drop 2 teeth or add 2 teeth.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #7766
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Quick question for the SP peeps...planning on getting a SCT 4x4 in the near future and was wondering if you can run the SP SA V2.0 ESC and SA V2.0 5.5R combo on a SCT platform? Or is it only intended for 1/8 scale application? Thanks for the quick reply.
The Silver Arrow will not run your SCT in 2s, use the GT 2.0 Pro with the SA 5.5. Works like a charm with the mod software.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #7767
Tech Addict

Quote:
The Silver Arrow will not run your SCT in 2s, use the GT 2.0 Pro with the SA 5.5. Works like a charm with the mod software.
Thanks for the info...how about the Short Course Master ESC with a SA 9.5R motor?....would the ESC be able to handle the motor...sorry for the silly questions...new to BL ESC and motor combos.

Last edited by JRRobiso; 08-26-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #7768
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the info...how about the Short Course Master ESC with a SA 9.5R motor?....would the ESC be able to handle the motor...sorry for the silly questions...new to BL ESC and motor combos.
Howard or Albert would be better to answer that one. Haven't tried that esc with a 550.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #7769
Tech Addict

Quote:
Howard or Albert would be better to answer that one. Haven't tried that esc with a 550.
Thanks for the reply...trying to find the most affordable way to complete my project (SCT 4x4) since I plan to get the items direct from SP USA warehouse. I hope Howard or Albert can provide some input.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #7770
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default KO Radio issues

hi guys, having troubles setting end points with the KO propo. steering works fine, but wont accept throttle input, when you calibrate the speedy, it beeps for neutral, then press the red button, and it should beep to input throttle, well it doesnt beep. i just hooked up another speedy and another motor (all new from box) and still does it. wondering if anyone has issues with the KO radio gear to set end points. have radio set in N mode, not high response, and have reset that model to factory reset. kind of thinking its a reciever issue, but my mate had to leave asap , so couldnt nut this one out. Cheers for any help. Patto......
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote