Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What would happen if run my gt2 pro with out the capacitor? Running 1s...
Thanx, Kevin
Old 08-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Greetings All,

I have two old GT ESCs, an LPF 1.1 I think, and a 2.0. Would a software upgrade using a SPLCD01 Pro Card help for speed? I ran in the Asphault Assault last weekend in USGT, and I got smoked. The TC5 drive line is nicely free, no binding and the belts are not too tight. I ran a new Tekin 21.5 motor with about 75% timing. FDR was about 3.7. Batteries are relatively new, a few race days on each of the 5000mah 50c lipos. I could hold with the fast guys through the infield but I would get smoked on the back stretch. Solara knows it well. As a side note, I was lucky enough to get a programming card from Speed Passion in the raffle, but on closer inspection I saw that it was not the Pro version with the USB interface, drat! Would procuring the Pro card and updating the software in at least the 2.0, or even the LPF, help in getting more speed out of a motor?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by tmg2112; 08-25-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmg2112
Greetings All,

I have two old GT ESCs, an LPF 1.1 I think, and a 2.0. Would a software upgrade using a SPLCD01 Pro Card help for speed? I ran in the Asphault Assault last weekend in USGT, and I got smoked. The TC5 drive line is nicely free, no binding and the belts are not too tight. I ran a new Tekin 21.5 motor with about 75% timing. FDR was about 3.7. Batteries are relatively new, a few race days on each of the 5000mah 50c lipos. I could hold with the fast guys through the infield but I would get smoked on the back stretch. Solara knows it well. As a side note, I was lucky enough to get a programming card from Speed Passion in the raffle, but on closer inspection I saw that it was not the Pro version with the USB interface, drat! Would procuring the Pro card and updating the software in at least the 2.0, or even the LPF, help in getting more speed out of a motor?

Well first the 1.1 isnt legal for USGT its not ROAR approved and the 2.0 would have to have the 508 blinky software loaded on it. As far as the speed on the straight you would need to increase your timing on the motor. I dont know how much timing the you can put into the Tekin motor but some of the more popular motors like the Thunder Power or Novak people are running about 40 to 50deg of timing advance. Try to add some more timing to the motor and see if that helps.

here is the ROAR list of legal ESC's and software that would need to be used to be legal for USGT.
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by audriusv
Thank you!

I was thinking that 1S rotor is a bit smaller and lighter. So it will spool up quicker and reach a slightly higher rpm than a standard rotor with 3.7V battery... Or I am wrong?
It is designed to use for 1S power and for 12th scale...it is not SMALLER but it is lighter. You have to try it to tell yourself....
Old 08-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Greetings All,

Running no timing does not mean every single car on the track are running at the same speed.........even thought if every cars has the same brand ESC and same brand motor, it will transfer to a 1 lap different after 6 minutes of racing. Look at USVTA...A to C main are all different. But they are all running the same brand motor and very much equal ESC. The straight line speed is the lease I am concern...hardly too many time we will run at 225 foot long straight with blinky and 25.5....

Last edited by Solara; 08-25-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Red face

Originally Posted by Solara
Running no timing does not mean every single car on the track are running at the same speed.........even thought if every cars has the same brand ESC and same brand motor, it will transfer to a 1 lap different after 6 minutes of racing. Look at USVTA...A to C main are all different. But they are all running the same brand motor and very much equal ESC. The straight line speed is the lease I am concern...hardly too many time we will run at 225 foot long straight with blinky and 25.5....
Back to my original question, will upgrading the software on older ESCs allow for more speed? Otherwise I will look else were to trim the deficit. I know I can advance the timing a little more on the motor, but at what price? I personally can't shell out bucks for a new motor too often if I'm roasting a motor just to keep up with those who have bigger budgets. So, masters of the passion of speed, would a software upgrade help my speed? I do appreciate the help.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Back to my original question, will upgrading the software on older ESCs allow for more speed? Otherwise I will look else were to trim the deficit. I know I can advance the timing a little more on the motor, but at what price? I personally can't shell out bucks for a new motor too often if I'm roasting a motor just to keep up with those who have bigger budgets. So, masters of the passion of speed, would a software upgrade help my speed? I do appreciate the help.
In essence, yes. By applying timing dynamically and utilizing the extra "boost" aka "turbo" introduced in this new software. This will allow the motor to run more efficient and minimize fade. We're also assuming you will be able to configure the software, the mechanical timing on the motor properly and be conscience of the temp.

All this doesn't happen magically. You will need to somewhat understand and monitor all the above.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Forgot to mention, you will only be able to update the 2.0 ESC's.

edited: I think my post above is irrelevant, since he/she is running blinky? ...lol
Old 08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Speed passion

Just switched from rx8 to the v2.0 For 1/8 for my buggy and I love this thing and no more headaches with Esc it runs so smooth and the power delivery is awesome
Old 08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you are racing USGT then no because there is only 1 software you can use....508. There isnt any other software that is legal that will get you more speed. You have to look at your motor and or gearing.....not to mention your car setup. Try more timing and more gearing....check the motor temps and keep them under 170deg.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Just switched from rx8 to the v2.0 For 1/8 for my buggy and I love this thing and no more headaches with Esc it runs so smooth and the power delivery is awesome
Glad you like it....but I would like to know whats wrong with the RX8? I was told it is an outstanding ESC...would like to hear from you.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

TIM....

(1) Your old GT1.1 is not upgradable...way too old of ESC. Leave it for mod.
(2) Your GT...can be update to using 508 software for blinky (508 is the ONLY software that you can use for blinky mode racing). 508, DOES NOT make it any faster...it will be very much the same as everyone that used Cirtix Club Spec, Tekin, Novak, or SP GT2 with 508....thats why it is called BLINKY MODE because they should be very much the same about the ESC performance...

Now...I am wondering, what were you using on SUNDAY? Are you using GT2 with something else other then 508? Or you are using the old V1.1 LPF...? If you are using the old V1.1 LPF...the build in timing of that ESC should made you FASTER then other (instead of slower)...even though it is illegal.

I just want to know where is your problem and try to give you some help...

Also...what kinda TC that you are running..?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Is there an ETA for U.S.A. re-stocks of speedos, specifically the 2.1 EX series?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Slaughter
Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by masterhit
Is there an ETA for U.S.A. re-stocks of speedos, specifically the 2.1 EX series?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Slaughter
Late.....I was told, end of September
Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just to kind of touch on what Howard and Kevin have stated. I really do not think you were out "wallet raced" in a "blinky" class.

My car, (red/black toyota mrs) was running a 2 year old havoc and a ballistic 21.5 w/2yr old 40c 5000 battery, that has been in more cars than I can count. I think it finished 5th in the A.

Now, I did notice a huge difference in performance by just changing from the Roush Saleen Mustang to the 2007 MRS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.