R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #751
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hey Adam, FYI some of the guys in the A main in 17.5 TC rubber where running a fdr of 3.7 - 3.8 and coming off at around 140* with one fan on the motor. The LRP guys didn't see any performance gain with the timing cranked on the motor, KO used full timing on the motor but rolled back the boost on the SC. The Tekin crew ran with the timing in mid or around 5* but had the delay moved to .3 from .5
Thank you for that because I didn't know what a lot of the guys ended up running
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #752
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Put my trusty old SP 17.5 in my touring car again last night and some people still thought I had my 13.5 in the car! I was running an SPX with profile 7 and a 4.09 final. Very fast! I can't wait to get the new SP v3 17.5.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #753
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 26,543
Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)
Default

What by default is the software that is coming on the new Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pros Black Carbon Editions?

I got 3 of these in from Shawn, and I will be selling two of them NIB and a 17.5R motor, and I was asked by someone what software is on the ESC. I don't know, and I don't know how to tell with the even on the unit I am using with the included programmer card.
__________________
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
< Durango DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #754
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,271
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hi there Adam

the electric season is just around the corner and I'm on the market for a good esc in the mid price-range. I will be running 10.5's only (Orion 10.5 local spec class), rubber on carpet. What's the best sensored controller in the SP range (even the older gen ones) to work with a 10.5 from a bang for the buck standpoint? I won't be running much this winter, 4 - 5 races at most, so cost is definitely an issue as I don't feel like spending $150 just to run it 2.5hrs in the season at most? I don't think a 10.5 would pull more than, what, 50A? You catch my drift

Thanks for the help,
regards,
Paul
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #755
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
What by default is the software that is coming on the new Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pros Black Carbon Editions?

I got 3 of these in from Shawn, and I will be selling two of them NIB and a 17.5R motor, and I was asked by someone what software is on the ESC. I don't know, and I don't know how to tell with the even on the unit I am using with the included programmer card.
The 205G is coming on there right now
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #756
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hi there Adam

the electric season is just around the corner and I'm on the market for a good esc in the mid price-range. I will be running 10.5's only (Orion 10.5 local spec class), rubber on carpet. What's the best sensored controller in the SP range (even the older gen ones) to work with a 10.5 from a bang for the buck standpoint? I won't be running much this winter, 4 - 5 races at most, so cost is definitely an issue as I don't feel like spending $150 just to run it 2.5hrs in the season at most? I don't think a 10.5 would pull more than, what, 50A? You catch my drift

Thanks for the help,
regards,
Paul

The GT 2.0LPF is going to be your best bet
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #757
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,826
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Adam Bailey is my HERO! LOL

Nice to meet you at the IIC. Its good to see Schumacher and Speed Passion have such a great representative going to the big races! I am sending that "package" we talked about...I am trying to figure a way to make sure everyone is nearby when you open it. If you don't remember what we were talking about....heheheh...SUPRISE!

Art
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #758
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Adam Bailey is my HERO! LOL

Nice to meet you at the IIC. Its good to see Schumacher and Speed Passion have such a great representative going to the big races! I am sending that "package" we talked about...I am trying to figure a way to make sure everyone is nearby when you open it. If you don't remember what we were talking about....heheheh...SUPRISE!

Art
Oh great you know you can't tell me these things when were at Slots O Fun!

Now i'm going to receive an envelope of anthrax!

And Art, you said "Package"
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #759
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,826
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

HA!!!

No anthrax but it is quite a "Package"! LMAO!

Kathy is going to get one of those trucks into the shop soon. She will probably call you...one look at it on the internet and she could see the potential. What a MONSTER! LOL
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #760
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
HA!!!

No anthrax but it is quite a "Package"! LMAO!

Kathy is going to get one of those trucks into the shop soon. She will probably call you...one look at it on the internet and she could see the potential. What a MONSTER! LOL
Yeah it's a monster!
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #761
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion GT2.0 software version

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
The 205G is coming on there right now
so if the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro Black Carbon is 205G
what about Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro Blue Star Edition ?
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #762
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
so if the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro Black Carbon is 205G
what about Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro Blue Star Edition ?

I would think they will be the same, the only difference is the colour.
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #763
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: KC
Posts: 952
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clintscreations Send a message via Yahoo to clintscreations
Default

Cain I run a 9.5 w/ 2.0 and stock software in my xxxcr geared 78-25 and hot high bite track motor is 156deg in winter indoor its around 130
And its crazy fast ....nothing for it to drag the motor gaurd at the hit of throttle
And 8.5 in the cat geared 23-83 and motor gets up to 145 and its plenty fast
__________________
airtronics radios - www.airtronics.net
checkered flag raceway - www.cfrkc.com
hobbytown north - gladstone, mo
kcrc - shawnee, ks
clintscreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #764
Tech Master
 
Kings Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: sw lower michigan
Posts: 1,681
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Shawn,Adam, I've installed my GT 1.1 in a t4 for my grandson to run this winter indoors. Can't find my set of instructions to link it to our transmitter. Couldn't find any on the website, and with the old thread looking to be gone....
Can you help me out?
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #765
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rhodos Island , Greece
Posts: 51
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
Shawn,Adam, I've installed my GT 1.1 in a t4 for my grandson to run this winter indoors. Can't find my set of instructions to link it to our transmitter. Couldn't find any on the website, and with the old thread looking to be gone....
Can you help me out?
If it is the same as gt2 pro ( which i dont think is different ) you press an hold the setup button then you set the 3 points.
1) neutral
2) full throttle
3) full brake
Each time to set a point you press the setup button .
__________________
Team Magic G4JS - Orion wasp .12 - Traxxas 4tec - O.S 18 tz
Team Magic E4FS - speed passion GT 2 pro - 4T ver 2 - 4.5T Ver 3
Kyosho spada 09 - Kyosho mini-z monster - Kyosho mini-z mr-02
memix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0