R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #7426
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Yes...it will. But we assume all end user when installed the new GREEN sensor (instead of the stock RED sensor 11-20 that came with the MMM motor) they would know it will be 21-30 timing...not 11-20.
thanks for the responsive answers. you are doing good job here
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #7427
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
thanks for the responsive answers. you are doing good job here
Doing my best here....thanks.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #7428
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know this is not the off road thread but this seems like the place to ask. Has anyone used the GT2.0 with a ballistic 550 4.5? What would I have to do to make this combo work, or is it just a dumb idea?
oh yea, it is gonna be moving a durango SC

Last edited by gearhead1962; 07-06-2011 at 03:09 PM.
gearhead1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #7429
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default 1s motors

What are the main difference's between the 1s motors and the same wind in the version 3 motor.

As the spec sheets show the 1s motor revs more per volt however it draws less amps. It also has very strong magnetic feel to the rotor.

I am wanting to try this motor in a 2s setup 7.5 turn offroad, how should I gear it as it has a simmilar rpm to the version 3 6.5 turn with less amp draw.

Are the figures in the spec sheets fairly accurate?
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #7430
Tech Apprentice

Default 528stock vrs 119stock

.. ive been running 528stock in both of my tc's ( both running13.5t trinity duo 3 motors ) and have been told to change to 119 or even 211 stock ... but with all the other settings , i was reluctlant to change from the 528 to the newer , is it worth doing ...??

does anyone have a decent starting set up ,for a medium sized tarmac ( fdr of about 6.8 - 7.3 ) track for the above softwares..

cheers shaun
Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #7431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
.. ive been running 528stock in both of my tc's ( both running13.5t trinity duo 3 motors ) and have been told to change to 119 or even 211 stock ... but with all the other settings , i was reluctlant to change from the 528 to the newer , is it worth doing ...??

does anyone have a decent starting set up ,for a medium sized tarmac ( fdr of about 6.8 - 7.3 ) track for the above softwares..

cheers shaun
Skip all those and go to 323 stock. It's the latest and greatest....def worth it. This software seems to keep motors cooler.
Go to http://www.speedpassion.net/en/escsetup.asp for setups.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #7432
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1962 View Post
I know this is not the off road thread but this seems like the place to ask. Has anyone used the GT2.0 with a ballistic 550 4.5? What would I have to do to make this combo work, or is it just a dumb idea?
oh yea, it is gonna be moving a durango SC
Only if you are using GT2 PRO (not LPF or ProStock or EX)....there were two 410-SCT last night and couple Losi Ten SCT were powered by GT2.0 PRO with Novak motors...works very good.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 07-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #7433
Tech Apprentice

Default Motor timing

I hope someone can help, as I have a question about gearing changes when increasing the motor timing.

My existing setup is:

1/10 TC class (HW ESC in blinky/no-timing mode) on a 25m x 14m indoor carpet track
SP V3.0 13.5 motor, with timing at the central position (is that 0 or 5?)
FDR 4.9
Motor temp <70C

I've just bought an MMM 13.5 motor, which has a standard timing range of 11 - 20. I've set the timing at 11 to start with, but will I have to change the FDR to keep the motor temp <70C? I've never changed the timing on the V3.0 13.5 from the standard central postion, so I'm unsure how much of an effect it has on motor performance & temperature.

Thanks
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #7434
Tech Fanatic

Going to be racing 1/12th scale this year. Going to get a 2.1 EX ESC. But, what motor should I get? The V3 1 cell or the V3 MMM? What would work better in a 1/12 scale.

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #7435
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Only if you are using GT2 PRO (not LPF or ProStock or EX)....there were two 410-SCT last night and couple Losi Ten SCT were powered by GT2.0 PRO with Novak motors...works very good.
nice, thanks a bunch! looks like i am gonna have to try a SP!
gearhead1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #7436
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just a question about differnt size rotors,
I have a v3 21.5 what size rotor is in it and what does changing rotor size do for the motor, more bottom end / top end?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #7437
Tech Adept

folks, what's the good speed passion esc for stock 17.5 tc ?? I use epic D3 for the motor.
and is it competitive enough with other esc out there like lrp, tekin, etc ??
Old 07-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #7438
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
What are the main difference's between the 1s motors and the same wind in the version 3 motor.

As the spec sheets show the 1s motor revs more per volt however it draws less amps. It also has very strong magnetic feel to the rotor.

I am wanting to try this motor in a 2s setup 7.5 turn offroad, how should I gear it as it has a simmilar rpm to the version 3 6.5 turn with less amp draw.

Are the figures in the spec sheets fairly accurate?
I personally don't run much on off road...but on my ON ROAD..the 1S is alittle faster for me, however, I also feel the 1S is really get pushed to its limit faster then the V3. The V3 seems like has a better overall run/performance then the 1S....so it is all depends on the track. For small track, I can use 1S motor, but for bigger track...V3.

If I have to run off road...I WOULD NOT run the 1S simply of the same reason. The 1S is for SPEED, high RPM, and designed for 1S 12th scale pan car......it has the limit. For running on 2S, and for offroad...V3 definitely is my choice if I have to run it.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #7439
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
Going to be racing 1/12th scale this year. Going to get a 2.1 EX ESC. But, what motor should I get? The V3 1 cell or the V3 MMM? What would work better in a 1/12 scale.
1S for now........and definitely MMM when they are released (in USA).
Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #7440
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
I hope someone can help, as I have a question about gearing changes when increasing the motor timing.

My existing setup is:

1/10 TC class (HW ESC in blinky/no-timing mode) on a 25m x 14m indoor carpet track
SP V3.0 13.5 motor, with timing at the central position (is that 0 or 5?)
FDR 4.9
Motor temp <70C

I've just bought an MMM 13.5 motor, which has a standard timing range of 11 - 20. I've set the timing at 11 to start with, but will I have to change the FDR to keep the motor temp <70C? I've never changed the timing on the V3.0 13.5 from the standard central postion, so I'm unsure how much of an effect it has on motor performance & temperature.

Thanks
For V3, definitely max it to 10 (full right)...gear at 4.5~4.8 (depends on size of track).

For MMM (lucky you)....definitely try 15 and 20 max...but then, gear to 4.8~5.2 or so....

Rule of thumb....check temp of the motor after 5 laps, not minutes...mount FAN on motor heatsink if possible.

Play with the timing on the motor, it made night and day different.