R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #7231
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
4.2 on 21.5 with boost is insane....you will never see the punch or low-end of this setting. It sounds like a NO TIMING setup for me...

See below JIMMY setup for 17.5...you need to gear up more for 21.5, I would guess mid 6 to high 6....check temp. max 10 timing on motor...may be silver purple rotor. We have about 7 drivers using his setup (after his testing) on the main and all running fast lap times afterall.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...Harbor_JAS.pdf
I agree it was insane and shouldn't have worked. For some reason though it seemed to work and if anything I was quicker in the midfield than the guys running a 5.2 ratio except for on the straight where I was lacking. (which seems completely backwards to me).

Anyway I'll have a look at the Jimmy setup and give it a shot. Thanks.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #7232
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Solara;9195921]Have you try this setting...? Last year with old software, we were at high 6 and low 7 gearing with 10.5.

Yes, that is the setting i tried, even tried the suggested changes for a larger track, just wasn't anywhere near as quick as the competition.

Is the hobbywing software different?
socialjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #7233
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjon View Post
Quote:
Have you try this setting...? Last year with old software, we were at high 6 and low 7 gearing with 10.5.

Yes, that is the setting i tried, even tried the suggested changes for a larger track, just wasn't anywhere near as quick as the competition.

I cannot tell the Hobbywing software is any different.

So you tried both 10.5 setup...? I have one with 9000 rpm and one with 4000 rpm....4000 rpm one is very aggressive, it might not work with the track like yours...the track might be small then yours with shorter straight an tons of turns.

How about 6000 rpm, 40/15 timing...always full 10 timing on motor, 7 final, 550rpm/ to start? Just a guess...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #7234
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=socialjon;9196046]
Quote:
Have you try this setting...? Last year with old software, we were at high 6 and low 7 gearing with 10.5.

I would think that the starting boost time of 3-4000 is low? Loading up the timing at the bottom end. For example on the GM, we would run the switchpoint at around 9-10,000 at that sort of gearing..

My initial thought now would be.

DDRS 7
Boost 45
Turbo 19
Boost start 8000
Boost TA 350

Motor + 10 degrees

FDR 7 (ish)

Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #7235
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Guys,

Need some help, switched to Speed Passion stock 2.1 and v3 10.5 over the weekend. Ran it for the first time in the UK on a large track, started with the latest team set up on the latest software, FDR of around 6.8.

It wasn't anywhere near as quick as the GM combo, didn't have the punch or top end, moved things around to try and get it there, but didn't seem to make much difference. I didnt really move the gearing around that much as i presumed that this combo likes a high ratio.

Anyone running in the UK up against the very quick GM's and other speedos that can show me how to make this combo work. I switched back to my GM combo and took over .75 sec a lap off the lap time..

Any help would be appreciated as i want to stick with SP.

Cheers

Jon
do you have 10 degrees motor timing , this REALLY helps with the stock motors
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #7236
Tech Master

[QUOTE=socialjon;9196094]
Quote:

I would think that the starting boost time of 3-4000 is low? Loading up the timing at the bottom end. For example on the GM, we would run the switchpoint at around 9-10,000 at that sort of gearing..

DDRS 7
Boost 45
Turbo 19
Boost start 8000
Boost TA 350

Motor + 10 degrees

FDR 7 (ish)

Thoughts?
try my 6.5 set up this is REALLY REALLY quick and cool , see if this works for a 10.5
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #7237
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=socialjon;9196094]
Quote:

DDRS 7
Boost 45
Turbo 19
Boost start 8000
Boost TA 350

Motor + 10 degrees

FDR 7 (ish)

Thoughts?
http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...Howard%20L.jpg

Isn't it my other setup is similar then what you think...? This is the one that I was talking about....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #7238
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I cannot tell the Hobbywing software is any different.

So you tried both 10.5 setup...? I have one with 9000 rpm and one with 4000 rpm....4000 rpm one is very aggressive, it might not work with the track like yours...the track might be small then yours with shorter straight an tons of turns.

How about 6000 rpm, 40/15 timing...always full 10 timing on motor, 7 final, 550rpm/ to start? Just a guess...
I see you have gone up to 550rpm/degree, what does that actually do?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #7239
Tech Adept

Is there going to be a new ESC coming out soon? When can we expect the new motor (MMM) on sale?
yumlailai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #7240
Tech Champion

Quote:
300 RPM/1 degree of timing increase versus 550 RPM/1 degree of timing increase...that self-explain it. 300 = adding timing al ot FASTER (sooner) then 550 (in steps/ramps). It was used probably because it has on a high traction, open drive track, will rooms to use timing and need the timing applied FASTER then normal.....also, = motor HOT.

Try my other 10.5 setup....that might work better for you.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #7241
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumlailai View Post
Is there going to be a new ESC coming out soon? When can we expect the new motor (MMM) on sale?
MMM...July, new speedo...3rd quarter, may be.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #7242
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314

Quote:
The "just a guess settings" from Howard are where I would start off at our home BIG track which is close to the size of your 60m. Gearing would be around 6.8ish to start with. As Howard mentioned, the 550 setting will have a less steep slope of how the boost timing is applied. A good thing for larger tracks.

Next time I head across the pond for work (Newbury), I'll have to see if I can stop by the track you mentioned. Looks to be only 1 hour away.

Jimmy
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #7243
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12314 View Post
The "just a guess settings" from Howard are where I would start off at our home BIG track which is close to the size of your 60m. Gearing would be around 6.8ish to start with. As Howard mentioned, the 550 setting will have a less steep slope of how the boost timing is applied. A good thing for larger tracks.

Next time I head across the pond for work (Newbury), I'll have to see if I can stop by the track you mentioned. Looks to be only 1 hour away.

Jimmy
Bring your 417 and lay it down Chicago Style.....

Thanks Jimmy....
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #7244
Tech Master

Coming soon

My 4.5 set up fo the 323 stock program

I ran this yesterday and WOW amazing fast and cool speed and motor

Will post it on tonight when i am home
Old 06-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #7245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default speedo too hot??

I ran the GT2.1EX speedo last night for the very first time. it was in a 1/12th car on a medium sized flowing layout carpet track with good grip. motor was a novak velociti 4.5L. Roll out was 51.45mm. Car was missile fast. Great rip off the corners and plenty of top end speed too. Very linear and yet agressive feel to the throttle response. Only about .4 sec per lap of drop off from the front of the run to the end of it. Fast laps were in the 8.6 second range. Ending laps were mostly in the 9.0 range. I was thrilled with the speed and performance of the car. But I'm worried about the temperature that I was seeing on the speedo. Coming off the track, the motor was a nice comfy 132 degrees. But the speedo was way up there at 220 degrees. It didn't thermal or shut down. But that high of a speedo temp does seem excessive. Any thoughts as to why? or tips on how to get the speedo temp down without giving away any of the great power? Here's the readings from the LCD program card.....
V1.06_100617
forward & brake only
20% drag brake
voltage protection - none
DRRS punch - level 7
brake force - 50%
rev. force - 25%
initial brake - drag brake
neutral range - 6%
AMTS timing - #1
Overheat prot - enable
SC Boost level - stage 2
SC RPM delay - 7000
SS Full Throttle Delay - 0.2 sec
SC punch : -1
considering these settings, why was my speedo coming off the track at 220 degrees and yet the motor temp was good? how hot is too hot for the speedo? what can I change to bring the speedo temp down? any help will be greatly appreciated. I love the speed and the feel of this speedo, and the motor seemed to like it too. But I'm worried about so much speedo temperature. Help please.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote