R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #7201
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinbaja View Post
I am positive that a 17.5 without boost and turbo in a sedan at less than 1/4 throttle will not spin up as fast as a 13.5 with boost and turbo maxxed out at full throttle in a short course truck.

Since I made the post this morning, I have recieved PM's from several people that have had the same issue with their SP motors on the track (under load).

The lesson I did learn is: There is a reason why the used Tekin motorset snatched up in minutes on the classifieds board and the SP stuff sits on the board for days.
Your posts are a little suspect. First why in world are having to pin a boosted 13.5 in a truck. Are you really having to try and raise the nose that much. If so check that truck setup it sucks. Second. I seriously doubt your receiving a bunch of pm's about exploded rotors. Where are all the other posts on this thread talking about it? It seems to me you just a tekin guy by what your posting. Post a picture of that rotor please.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #7202
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Your posts are a little suspect. First why in world are having to pin a boosted 13.5 in a truck. Are you really having to try and raise the nose that much. If so check that truck setup it sucks. Second. I seriously doubt your receiving a bunch of pm's about exploded rotors. Where are all the other posts on this thread talking about it? It seems to me you just a tekin guy by what your posting. Post a picture of that rotor please.
Yep definately a "Skypilot".
It's over, I spoke with Howard and it's taken care of.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #7203
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

Hi guys Ive got a problem Ive had 2 13.5t v3 blow in the last week I race on 20x30 mtr carpet track fdr 7.2 on gm120 firmware 7.2 can you point me in the right direction on fdr I ran x11 10.5t on 7.88 fdr and motor was 60c at end of race
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #7204
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Nice that Solara has you taken care of. If you could share with us what is the root cause of the problem, it's going to help the community should anyone else encounter the same issue in the future.

But please understand that bashing a brand while glorifying another is not the best approach here. You are just going to draw a lot of backfires while making yourself look like a Tekin fanboy.

Interestingly, now I wonder if I bash Tekin products in the Tekin thread would I get banned or receive the hate mails from the fanboys.
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #7205
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eComet View Post
Nice that Solara has you taken care of. If you could share with us what is the root cause of the problem, it's going to help the community should anyone else encounter the same issue in the future.

But please understand that bashing a brand while glorifying another is not the best approach here. You are just going to draw a lot of backfires while making yourself look like a Tekin fanboy.

Interestingly, now I wonder if I bash Tekin products in the Tekin thread would I get banned or receive the hate mails from the fanboys.
You have a PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #7206
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eComet View Post

When he gets done explaining it to you could you share please. And your post is right on the money.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #7207
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yep def a skypilot. So I guess there won't be any pictures posted. Glad Howard was able to fix.you up.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #7208
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
Hi guys Ive got a problem Ive had 2 13.5t v3 blow in the last week I race on 20x30 mtr carpet track fdr 7.2 on gm120 firmware 7.2 can you point me in the right direction on fdr I ran x11 10.5t on 7.88 fdr and motor was 60c at end of race
Reading the gm thread, hofer reckons he runs 13.5t with a fdr of 5ish in indoors. Maybe check your settings on the gm in the gm thread? How much timing are you running on the esc? Fixed/Max timing?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:49 AM   #7209
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Reading the gm thread, hofer reckons he runs 13.5t with a fdr of 5ish in indoors. Maybe check your settings on the gm in the gm thread? How much timing are you running on the esc? Fixed/Max timing?
max timing 25 fixed 25

dont know if i just got couple of bad v3s

ive tried 5.4 and there was no boost

Car was lot better with x11
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #7210
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
Craig....when we are running SP version of boost software, with 7.2 to even 7.88 final, there is no way it will blow up the 13.5. Because I am probably doing the same gearing for indoor carpet myself. However, that is heavily depends on your BOOST SETUP, and RPM/degree setting as well...

Gearing is one thing...heavy timing in a short period of time can kill the motor. I don't know anything about GM system and I can't help you on that calculation...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #7211
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Uploaded Jimmy G12314's setup on the SP site....his 17.5 with 323 setup for outdoor small/medium size layout works out perfect....motor temp is cool and lots of power, no power fading for full 6 minutes. Just too bad the track/weather is considered very low in traction so it is not the best setup.....more setup will come when we go to other track, bigger track for sure...

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...Harbor_JAS.pdf
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #7212
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Craig....when we are running SP version of boost software, with 7.2 to even 7.88 final, there is no way it will blow up the 13.5. Because I am probably doing the same gearing for indoor carpet myself. However, that is heavily depends on your BOOST SETUP, and RPM/degree setting as well...

Gearing is one thing...heavy timing in a short period of time can kill the motor. I don't know anything about GM system and I can't help you on that calculation...
Thank you Solara I've find problem motor had moved and jammed of spur gear
Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #7213
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

When running the speed passion Cirtix club stock esc it seems that it won't run some motors - I regularly run spV2 and v3 motors and a Fantom ION 3 17.5 but it won't run Hobby Wing 21.5 motors - what's the deal there - anyone know ?
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, XXT, SVR, AE Worlds.
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:43 AM   #7214
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy View Post
When running the speed passion Cirtix club stock esc it seems that it won't run some motors - I regularly run spV2 and v3 motors and a Fantom ION 3 17.5 but it won't run Hobby Wing 21.5 motors - what's the deal there - anyone know ?
Anyone ?
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, XXT, SVR, AE Worlds.
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #7215
Tech Addict

CONGRATULATIONS! A big shout out for jeff hastings! he won the 17.5 ramping (boosted) class at the Reedy Race of Champions today with his Speed Passion V-3 motor. Good Job!
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote